Windows 10: Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps

Discus and support Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone! First of all I'm glad to see TenForums is around, SevenForums way back when saved me more than a few times and was consistently a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GregoryCasa, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps

Hey everyone!

First of all I'm glad to see TenForums is around, SevenForums way back when saved me more than a few times and was consistently a quality board *Smile

So I configured my PC and network to support Wake on LAN, and after a long time trying to get it to work I can finally send a magic packet from anywhere connected to the internet and wake up my PC from sleep or hibernation (not power off because my router doesn't allow for static ARP routes *Mad).

The problem is: If I put my computer to sleep/hibernate and wake it up within the following hour or so, everything is fine. If I wait longer than that and wake it up, the computer's lights turn on for a split second and then fade away. I then have to turn on the PC manually.

If I'm using sleep, the lights fade away, and when I turn it on after that, it turns on for 5-10 seconds and shuts down. If I turn it on again, everything is fine.

If I'm using hibernate, the lights fade away, and when I turn it on after that, it stays on.

I have tried powercfg -h on and off, I've disabled hybrid sleep, I've updated my BIOS and Intel Chipset and Management Engine drivers. There are no settings for the PC S states in the BIOS that I could find. My NIC is set-up to not be powered off by the system.

Any ideas as to what this could be?

Thank you guys so much in advance!

-

PS - My specs are the ones tied to my account. My PSU is a Corsair TX850. In trying to update my BIOS last week using the BIOS itself it got bricked and I had to order a new BIOS chip Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps :p .

:)

GregoryCasa, Sep 7, 2017

2. Cortana cannot hear me.

So you're saying it works but not after waking from Sleep? What about using Hibernate instead of Sleep?

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Sep 7, 2017
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Samsung Galaxy Book

You can do either Sleep or Hibernation.

Difference is sleep will use the battery while it's sleeping so it can possible drain it overnight. Hibernation does not use the battery but take longer to wake up.

See below on how to configure.

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/windows-10-sl...

SarahKong, Sep 7, 2017
Thema:

Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps

1. Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps - Similar Threads - Sleep Hibernation won't

2. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  3. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  4. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  5. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  6. wake from sleep but not hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    wake from sleep but not hibernation: I have a related problem. I would like to set some task scheduler tasks to wake ONLY from sleep and NOT hibernation when on battery power. Is that possible in win 10? Is it possible that certain BIOSes might allow that to be set? Why I want this: I like hibernation...
  7. Computer won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake up after sleep: This is actually an answer, not a question. I've been dealing with this problem for many months. I'd set my Acer Aspire E5-576 to go to sleep under certain conditions, and for a while that worked fine. Then after a gigantic Wndows update, it no longer worked. The computer...
  8. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  9. Won't Hibernation after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Won't Hibernation after Sleep: My laptop will wake up in 30minutes after sleep, which is supposed to go into hibernation, instead, it just stay awake. My power setting is: sleep after - 15min hybrid sleep - off hibernation after - 30min wakeup timer - off Also, when I see event, there is this:...
  10. Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue: Greetings, Using HP desktop with Windows 10. Latest Fall Creator Update installed. After the latest update my machine wouldn't wake up after sleep mode. The screen is blank although I can hear "rumbling" in the background as if the hard drive were indeed on but I see...