Windows 10: Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue

Discus and support Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I bought a Windows 10 Asus laptop about a month back and have been running into a few issues. I actually have tried asking the Microsoft tech... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vincentnight, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue

Hello!

I bought a Windows 10 Asus laptop about a month back and have been running into a few issues. I actually have tried asking the Microsoft tech forums directly but with a lack of responses I feel I need to ask elsewhere.

There are two issues I have here that I'm trying to fix. Neither are laptop breaking at the moment but I'd like to fix them for the purpose of fluidity etc.

First off: I'd like to explain that I managed to find a work around for my touchscreen not working after the laptop went into sleep mode only for a different issue to crop up. I recently noticed that the time my laptop was taking to wake up from sleep wasn't actually it waking up from sleep. . . It restarted the laptop. The laptop goes to sleep just fine but upon opening the lid OR if I leave the lid open and hit a button to wake it up, the laptop takes about 30-40 sec to "wake up" but in reality it appears to reboot the laptop.

Secondly: I've encountered this issue from the very moment I downloaded Mozilla Firefox. The video on fullscreen mode for any site and any streaming agent (Update all addons, drivers, etc.) use to stutter. I worked out a fix where now it lags or stutters now and then. I'm not sure how to remove the issue altogether. I've tried safe mode and fresh installations of firefox but the issues remain. As of now the hardware acceleration is disabled alongside opengl. This issue does not present itself on microsoft Edge on the same sites, videos (Same resolution for the video). But as a long standing user of Firefox and someone who loves my scriptblocker, switching to Edge doesn't seem possible (I've tried).

:)

Vincentnight, Feb 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 - issues with the laptops handling of full screen videos on Firefox.

I will give a shot to the sleep mode troubleshooting

As for the issue regarding the full screen videos . . I apologize for not expanding. The video tends to stutter or lag a bit at times. It only happens on Full screen while using Mozilla on any video streaming site. Sometimes it is present, other times not.
    It does not happen with VLC on Full screen videos or with Edge on Full screen videos. So I'm trying to figure out how to make it stop happening completely on Mozilla.

After trying the debugging for sleep mode it altered a few settings I has changed for the sleep timer on the laptop and brightness. Those are the primary things the troubleshooter fixed (Which led me back to restoring the original settings I chose as I don't
    want my laptop to automatically sleep) Additionally the troubleshoot did not fix the sleep awaken slowness largely. The time went down from 30-40 sec to about 20 sec.

VincentNight, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - issues with the laptops handling of full screen videos on Firefox.

Dear Karthik or whomever can help,

The slowness of the sleep start up remains. The full screen issues for the videos on Firefox also remain (Comes and goes with the same videos on the same websites on the same resolution). Help would still be appreciated!

VincentNight, Feb 20, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue

For your first issue:

The ASUS drivers have been known to cause problems with the Windows 10 sleep process for some systems. One of the ASUS system drivers is an Intel Management Engine driver and this has been known to cause the behaviour you describe. You can temporarily disable it to see if it makes a difference. If it does you can try uninstalling it and allowing W10 to replace it with the generic driver from the Microsoft driver database.

I can't provide any guidance for your second issue, I use Edge and am growing to like it.

philc43, Feb 20, 2016
  5. Philc43, Much appreciated. I'll give it a shot. The issue wasn't there initially but cropped up the last one week. Was after I did some tampering to ensure my touchscreen would keep working after putting the laptop to sleep. Since then the sleep no longer seems to work properly. I'll give the driver changes a shot.

Yeah Philc43, that fixed the issue with the sleep.
    Edit: It defaulted back to the original driver. Not sure how or why.

So that leaves problem #2. As much as I wish I could switch to edge, the lack of scriptblocker deters me.

Vincentnight, Feb 20, 2016
  6. Alright after a day of trying out what Philc43 spoke of, the driver keeps changing itself back and the issue crops up again. Even disabling Intel Management Engine driver it eventually still restarts the computer from a sleep later on. Example: I put the computer to sleep last night and this morning it restarted instead of waking up from sleep.

Vincentnight, Feb 22, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Feb 22, 2016
  8. Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue

Phil (If you don't mind me calling you that)
    Here's a screenshot of what I can see among programs and features. I don't want to go about uninstalling anything I shouldn't be as I'm not well acquainted with windows 10.

Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue [​IMG]

ATK Package should contain asus's drivers but it consists of the drivers for ALL of asus's features on this laptop. So I sense removing it might cause other issues to crop up but I defer judgment to someone with more experience.

ATK Package by ASUS - Should I Remove It?
    Quick glance at this link doesn't seem to show that the Intel Management Engine Driver is controlled by ATK.

The current driver listed for intel management engine is TeeDriverW8x64

Hey Phil, I've been disabling the driver for the time being to avoid any issues but the sleep problem comes back if the laptop is asleep for more than an hour or so. Could we be looking at more than one issue?

Vincentnight, Feb 23, 2016
  9. gillum Win User
    How did you work around this problem?

I have updated many drivers (including that for the Intel Management Engine) - and the BIOS - and I think that everything is up to date, but nothing has solved this problem.

I know that I can disable/enable the device in Device Manager, but the computer is for my daughter, and she does not have administrator privileges.

I saw that someone developed a workaround using a script that forces the touchscreen driver to start and stop on certain operations (e.g., lock screen), but I was really hoping for something simpler than that.

gillum, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue

1. Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue - Similar Threads - Sleep issue Full

2. Window 11 full screen issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 full screen issue: When I play anything full screen this happens. Works fine if task bar is on screen but once I go full screen this will happen after a few seconds. I’ve updated drivers and no joy. Any ideas?...
  3. Window 11 full screen issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 full screen issue: When I play anything full screen this happens. Works fine if task bar is on screen but once I go full screen this will happen after a few seconds. I’ve updated drivers and no joy. Any ideas?...
  4. Black screen issues but it’s not a full on crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen issues but it’s not a full on crash: Back in October I was playing Fortnite with a couple of friends and my computer randomly just black screened but it was still on and running it was acting like the graphics card was losing connection but I could still see windows and everything it just put it in the classic...
  5. Black screen issues but it’s not a full on crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen issues but it’s not a full on crash: Back in October I was playing Fortnite with a couple of friends and my computer randomly just black screened but it was still on and running it was acting like the graphics card was losing connection but I could still see windows and everything it just put it in the classic...
  6. Sleep issues and Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sleep issues and Blue Screen: I recently experienced some sleep issues with Win 10 21H1 19043.1023. When I put my Pc to sleep and then try to turn it on by pressing a key or mouse button, the Fan starts operating with all lights on but there is no output on the monitor, it is just a dead black screen. I...
  7. Video recording screen issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video recording screen issues: I would like to record my screen and have had no luck. I've tried the Xbox Bame bar but when I press record it says, "The PC does not meet the hardware required for recording clips. Go to Game bar settings. I tried a few free video recording downloads and they also...
  8. Hi Win full screen issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hi Win full screen issue: for unknown reason, full screen will not go to full. There is a 1/4" blacked out area on top, left and right side. display settings set at 100%. What to try? Reboot doesd nothing never played games. Mouse disappears under this black area...
  9. Full screen window issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full screen window issues: Hello everyone! I have an annoying issue that i cant seem to figure out. I am on a dual monitor set up and I want it that way. My laptop is set up on an hp doc for work, I have a second monitor to the right of that. On the second monitor the issue is that when I have...
  10. Full Screen Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Full Screen Monitor Issue: Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com go this monitor, hooked it up to my laptop, wont output full screen, just a small portionLaptop is running at 1366 by 768, connected via hdmi 97522