Windows 10: Sleep Issues

Discus and support Sleep Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer isn't wanting to sleep. Below is the command it gave me. It's the Acer that I recently had trouble with. Microsoft Windows [Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Sleep Issues

My computer isn't wanting to sleep. Below is the command it gave me. It's the Acer that I recently had trouble with.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.19]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests
    DISPLAY:
    [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
    Media element power request for full screen

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_10258100&REV_1003\4&38e1bdd4&0&0001)
    An audio stream is currently in use.
    [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
    Media Sharing has been enabled through Windows Media Player.
    [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
    Media element power request for full screen

AWAYMODE:
    None.

EXECUTION:
    None.

PERFBOOST:
    None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
    None.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

:)

Jesse Williams, Nov 5, 2017

2. Sleep issue

Hi Inko,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long
    the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    Delete the current power plan and create it again. Refer to the following link to change the power plan to suit your needs.

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/power-plans-faq Refer to the section:
    How to create and delete a power plan

Restart the computer and check. Also, check for Windows updates.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
    WSReset.exe.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 5, 2017
  3. pdjshog Win User
    Sleep issue

Same hardware same problem on 10240 works fine now have msbth le enum & sleep problem

pdjshog, Nov 5, 2017
  4. Sleep Issues

Sleep Issues [​IMG]

Jesse Williams, Nov 5, 2017
  5. Gordon7 Win User
    Sleep Issues [​IMG]

Gordon7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sleep Issues

1. Sleep Issues - Similar Threads - Sleep Issues

2. Laptop Sleep Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Sleep Issue: Hi. I have to following issue: Sometimes, after my laptop goes into sleep mode and I try to wake it up to continue working, it freezes – The screen becomes all dark and it does not respond so that I am forced to restart my computer. How can I fix that?My laptop specs are:...
  3. Laptop Sleep Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Sleep Issue: Hi. I have to following issue: Sometimes, after my laptop goes into sleep mode and I try to wake it up to continue working, it freezes – The screen becomes all dark and it does not respond so that I am forced to restart my computer. How can I fix that?My laptop specs are:...
  4. BSOD sometimes but random restart with ntoskrnl.exe+d1d340 along with sleep/wake issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD sometimes but random restart with ntoskrnl.exe+d1d340 along with sleep/wake issues: I tried to wake up my system but for some reason I got a black screen then the system randomly rebooted and I lost all my work. My system also sometimes has random issues where the system will fail to wake up from sleep and see a pulsating power LED.Laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad...
  5. BSOD sometimes but random restart with ntoskrnl.exe+d1d340 along with sleep/wake issues

BSOD sometimes but random restart with ntoskrnl.exe+d1d340 along with sleep/wake issues: I tried to wake up my system but for some reason I got a black screen then the system randomly rebooted and I lost all my work. My system also sometimes has random issues where the system will fail to wake up from sleep and see a pulsating power LED.Laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad...
  6. Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue: I was having the same issue as many people seem to, where a Microsoft Wireless mouse just refuses to allow a computer to go to sleep mode, even after disabling the "allow this device to wake the computer from sleep" function.After some fiddling, I finally figured out the...
  7. Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue

Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue: I was having the same issue as many people seem to, where a Microsoft Wireless mouse just refuses to allow a computer to go to sleep mode, even after disabling the "allow this device to wake the computer from sleep" function.After some fiddling, I finally figured out the...
  8. Restart and Sleep issues

Restart and Sleep issues: Hello, I have just installed the latest update of windows 11 just couple of days back....ever since my laptop has started encountering display when issues that the display doesn't gets on when laptop put to sleep...it wakes up but doesn't shows the display and same is the...
  9. Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Restart and Sleep issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart and Sleep issues: Hello, I have just installed the latest update of windows 11 just couple of days back....ever since my laptop has started encountering display when issues that the display doesn't gets on when laptop put to sleep...it wakes up but doesn't shows the display and same is the...