Windows 10: Sleep: Keeps waking up!

Discus and support Sleep: Keeps waking up! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Folks, Since I upgraded to 10 I have had constant issues. Mainly when I put the machine to sleep it wakes itself up automatically. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gunstar, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Gunstar Win User

Sleep: Keeps waking up!

Hi Folks,

Since I upgraded to 10 I have had constant issues. Mainly when I put the machine to sleep it wakes itself up automatically.

I have banned all deviced from allowing it to wake, removed it from any workgroups and a million other fixes I have seen online. Yet I can't get it to stay asleep.

Anyone else has this issue and fixed it? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: after viewing logs this file: NvStreamKms.sys is set to "demand start" and the next entry is the computer waking.

:)

Gunstar, Sep 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 installation done, now computer will not stay up

It keeps going to sleep, will not wake up and I have to hard shut down and restart.

HELP PLEASE??

DianeVickery, Sep 21, 2015
  3. After the recent update my Windows 10 HP laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode

I also wanted to mention that when I put my laptop to hibernate instead of sleep and want to wake it up, there is the same problem - pressing the power button doesn't wake the laptop. So I have to keep it pressed until the power button's led light goes off
    and then press it again so that it powers up. But unlike after waking up from sleep mode, when my laptop wakes up after hibernate all my files and open webpages are there, and I don't have to restore them.

Thank you,

Govsiya

Saragosa777, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Gunstar Win User

I have disabled Nvidia game streaming and issue still occurred.

I found there seems to be a Spotify bug which sets a wake timer. Spotify are "working on it" so if you have the same issues try these two ideas.

Gunstar, Sep 22, 2015
  5. Kanata Win User
    Could it be Windows updates? Also if it is a graphics driver, perhaps try an earlier version of the driver as a test.

Kanata, Sep 22, 2015
  6. Gunstar Win User
    I think I got it. It was Spotify and Nvidia's game streaming service!

Gunstar, Sep 22, 2015
  7. I had the same issue, I think it might be my Anker wireless optical mouse.
    I tried my old Logitech mouse instead of my new Anker wireless mouse and my pc stayed in the sleep mode.
    I think the optical sensor still carries on working for a while, even though I'm not touching it, and wakes my pc up.
    My Anker mouse shuts down after a few minutes of not using it to save the battery. It probably keeps checking for movement.

Cornishman, Sep 22, 2015
  8. Gunstar Win User

I would disable the mouse to wake and just use keyboard to wake.

Gunstar, Sep 23, 2015
  9. Didn't know you could disable the mouse to wake the pc, where are the settings for that?

Cornishman, Sep 23, 2015
  10. OK I've just found it under Device Manager, Thanks!

Cornishman, Sep 23, 2015
  11. Gunstar Win User
    Yeah you can!

Visit: Device manager > Mice and other pointer devices > "Right click" Properties > Power management tab > Untick "allow this device to wake the computer"

Screen grab:

Sleep: Keeps waking up! [​IMG]

Gunstar, Sep 23, 2015
  12. Gunstar Win User
    ah you were quick! NP! *Biggrin

Gunstar, Sep 23, 2015
  13. Sleep: Keeps waking up!

Thanks for the tip Gunstar!

Cornishman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sleep: Keeps waking up! - Similar Threads - Sleep Keeps waking

2. PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately: Hello, recently my pc instantly wakes up from sleep. I checked lastwake and got this:Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&SUBSYS_43ED1849&REV_11\3&11583659&0&A0 Friendly Name: IntelR...
  3. Wakes up and then sleeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wakes up and then sleeps: I open the lid of my surface, the screen lights up but doesn’t give the option of a password. It goes back to sleep after about 8 seconds. Neither the touchscreen nor any of the keys work....
  4. Wakes up and then sleeps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wakes up and then sleeps: I open the lid of my surface, the screen lights up but doesn’t give the option of a password. It goes back to sleep after about 8 seconds. Neither the touchscreen nor any of the keys work....
  5. Windows keeps waking up from sleep: StartMenuExperienceHost

Windows keeps waking up from sleep: StartMenuExperienceHost: Windows 10.0.19042.1288 20H2I've had this problem previously, it's a very common issue by the way, where Windows is randomly waken up by the "StartMenuExperienceHost.exe" wake timer.Last time I went into great lengths to fix it because the "Allow wake timers" setting was...
  6. PC keeps waking up out of sleep mode.

PC keeps waking up out of sleep mode.: This is really annoying and has been going on for a few months now. My PC will randomly come out of sleep mode. Iv'e turned off wake timers in the power settings but it still happens. I managed to look up other solutions and one told me to go into the event viewer and I did...
  7. my nas keeps on waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my nas keeps on waking up from sleep: i have a synology ds215j which is in my bedroom. inside it are two 4tb wd red nas drives. the main router is in the living room. i extended a long network wire to my bedroom and i connected another router to that network wire. i connected a short network wire from my router...
  8. Sleep and Wake up

Sleep and Wake up: I use Windows 10 with latest fixes, my problem is when I put my PC to sleep I touch a key and the system unit wakes up but the screen stays sleeping. Eventually touching the mouse or more keys then makes the system reboot. Any help much appreciated...
  9. Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep: Hi, I am trying to prevent my mouse from waking up my PC and currently haven't found a solution. Things tried: Wake up feature from the mouse is currently unticked. In the keyboard section there are two HID keyboards. The second one is the mouse, since when I unticked...
  10. Computer won't sleep consistently; keeps waking up

Computer won't sleep consistently; keeps waking up: My Windows 10 install won't stay asleep, and it's driving me mad. Sleeping used to work just fine back when I was running Win7. It would go to sleep when told, stay asleep until woken. Everything was great. Then it started waking up at random times. I did a lot of...