Windows 10: sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, scr

Discus and support sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, scr in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my dell inspiron when is much time under sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, screen is black with visible light on it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kalinkaca, Mar 31, 2017.

1. kalinkaca Win User

sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, scr

my dell inspiron when is much time under sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, screen is black with visible light on it, led light, and i can move cursor
    if i leave it like that for few minutes i can also notice dim screen, like even that black desktop is going to black again

The system has returned from a low power state. Sleep Time: ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎31T16:23:21.587635000Z Wake Time: ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎31T19:01:23.725031900Z Wake Source: Power Button

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.14393.953, time stamp: 0x58ba5aa4 Faulting module name: wpnprv.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x58258bd8 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00000000000229e6 Faulting process id: 0x21c4 Faulting application start time: 0x01d2a9ec81b937df Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

can you tell me this, as im checking my event viewer, if I make laptop go to sleep by Button or Lid, does this means explorer.exe is automaticly closed and reopened after return from sleep? or it still uses before sleep crashed explorer? This would lead me on the right track of fixing this.

i am gonna turn off all sleep hibernate etc things, but, im wondering why explorer crashed. I ask if explorer exe restarts upon laptop wake up from sleep, if it does than it would be probably problem with nvidia driver or something. Like this, I'm not sure if the reason is windows itself as it crashed explorer.exe by wpnprv.dll module, or nvidia triggered..

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.14393.953, time stamp: 0x58ba5aa4 Faulting module name: wpnprv.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x58258bd8 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00000000000229e6 Faulting process id: 0x21c4 Faulting application start time: 0x01d2a9ec81b937df Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

:)

kalinkaca, Mar 31, 2017

2. edge becomes unstable

when I turn off my screen or lock the screen or put my laptop on sleep mode and turn it back on, edge stops responding and I have close all the tabs and start over. This is really annoying as sometimes when I am doing research for assignments, I have to
    close everything. please do something about it.

SyedAhmadSaeed, Mar 31, 2017
  3. Laptop Sleep Problems...

So I have posted this a few times and still no conclusion. Ever since Windows 10 came out and I installed it the day it was released my laptop if I try and put it to sleep or close the lid, the screen
    goes black and never wakes back up unless I hold the power button down and turn it back on again. I have turned sleep mode off completely so my laptop is constantly on even when the lid is closed. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks

Jordaaaaan4, Mar 31, 2017
  4. kalinkaca Win User

Is wpnprv.dll, Windows Push Notification Services (WNS) ?
    It has something to do with cloud, one drive?
    One Drive caused explorer crash?

kalinkaca, Mar 31, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    It happens with certain GPU drivers and Windows. It is worse with Ubuntu. I would set the screen to not go to sleep when closing. If not able to, enable the screen saver and keep the lid open.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, scr - Similar Threads - sleep mode closed

2. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  3. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  4. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode: i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?....
  5. Apps close in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps close in sleep mode?: Why do all of my apps close every time my laptop goes to sleep? Microsoft is not always auto recovering either so I often lose what I'm working on when I walk away from the laptop. Using an ASUS ZenBook....
  6. Apps close in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps close in sleep mode?: Why do all of my apps close every time my laptop goes to sleep? Microsoft is not always auto recovering either so I often lose what I'm working on when I walk away from the laptop. Using an ASUS ZenBook....
  7. Apps close in sleep mode?

8. Laptop will only charge if closed or in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will only charge if closed or in sleep mode: My HP 15 Laptop PC will only charge if closed or in sleep mode. Is there any way to fix this? It is only 3 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-only-charge-if-closed-or-in-sleep-mode/87a0f04f-0e32-452f-99e7-c28da88fc8c0
  9. Laptop will only charge if closed or in sleep mode

Laptop will only charge if closed or in sleep mode: My HP 15 Laptop PC will only charge if closed or in sleep mode. Is there any way to fix this? It is only 3 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-only-charge-if-closed-or-in-sleep-mode/87a0f04f-0e32-452f-99e7-c28da88fc8c0
  10. turn off laptop sleep when closing lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    turn off laptop sleep when closing lid: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 I want to use with a docking station with 2 monitors. How do I get the laptop to stop going into sleep mode when I close the lid....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sleep mode on screen closed