Windows 10: sleep mode doesn't work

Discus and support sleep mode doesn't work in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; since a few days after having downloaded the last update, sleep mode as i point it doesnt 'remain as sleep i mean the monitor shut down but restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by monP, Oct 15, 2017.

1. monP Win User

sleep mode doesn't work

since a few days after having downloaded the last update, sleep mode as i point it doesnt 'remain as sleep
    i mean the monitor shut down but restart after a few minutes

my platform is windows 10 home

:)

2. Sleep mode doesn't work

I had this trouble. Wouldn't sleep after set time. Nor would screen saver work- tried bubbles and mystify. Checked all the techy stuff- no programs running in background; was it Hotmail pushes whatever they are. Still nothing even when browser closed,
    and no programs going. But when I chose ribbons screensaver it all works fine!!! I believe in magic now.

mickcurran, Oct 15, 2017
  3. GMLeics Win User
    Sleep mode doesn't work

Since upgrading to windows 10 my computer won't go into sleep mode on its own, although it works when I manually put it into sleep; in settings the current settings are:

Turn off display 5 mins, and

Put the computer to sleep 15 minutes.

I'm not sure whether it's relevant but Allow hybrid sleep is on.

GMLeics, Oct 15, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

sleep mode doesn't work

Hi, what is your Windows build?
    Windows key + R, winver
    ('the last windows build' could mean many things. Different people use different major builds and receive updates at different times. And some people refer to upgrades to a new major build as updates. So it's not very meaningful...)

Have you tried uninstalling the last update?

dalchina, Oct 15, 2017
  5. monP Win User
    tks for yr prompt reply
    no i did not delet the last update

6. dalchina New Member
    not delete- uninstall.. then see if the problem disappears. IF you uninstall the update and sleep works normally, that proves the relationship.

So that's a suggestion for you to try.

dalchina, Oct 15, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

sleep mode doesn't work

1. sleep mode doesn't work - Similar Threads - sleep mode doesn't

2. Wi-Fi Doesn't Work After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Doesn't Work After Sleep Mode: This issue happened recently after an update.I use Windows 11 Home. Version 10.0.22621 build 22621When I wake up the PC after it sleeps, the Wi-Fi is off. Only by restarting or doing a network adapter troubleshooting does it come on again. Also, the computer screen is very...
  3. Wi-Fi Doesn't Work After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Doesn't Work After Sleep Mode: This issue happened recently after an update.I use Windows 11 Home. Version 10.0.22621 build 22621When I wake up the PC after it sleeps, the Wi-Fi is off. Only by restarting or doing a network adapter troubleshooting does it come on again. Also, the computer screen is very...
  4. Laptop Keyboard doesn't work after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Keyboard doesn't work after sleep mode: Yesterday I took some updates from Windowns Update. After downloading all, My screen went to the BIOS and it downloaded sth. After that, whenever I wake up my laptop from Sleep Mode, the keyboard always doesn't work. I have to restart the laptop so that it can become...
  5. Laptop Keyboard doesn't work after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard doesn't work after sleep mode: Yesterday I took some updates from Windowns Update. After downloading all, My screen went to the BIOS and it downloaded sth. After that, whenever I wake up my laptop from Sleep Mode, the keyboard always doesn't work. I have to restart the laptop so that it can become...
  6. Laptop Keyboard doesn't work after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer works and doesn't react during sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer works and doesn't react during sleep mode: Hello!I tried to fix performance problems on my laptop yesterday. The things I did:- Changed visualisation settings to best performance no see-through windows, pixel font and so on- Disabeled OneDrive synchronisation for 24 hours- Updated CCleaner- Installed some updated...
  8. Computer works and doesn't react while sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer works and doesn't react while sleep mode: Hello!I tried to fix performance problems on my laptop yesterday. The things I did:- Changed visualisation settings to best performance no see-through windows, pixel font and so on- Disabeled OneDrive synchronisation for 24 hours- Updated CCleaner- Installed some updated...
  9. Windows 10 sleep mode doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sleep mode doesn't work!: Hello, My PC won't go to sleep when i press the sleep button from the start menu.The screens will go blank, but everything else stays on.If I press any key or mouse button the screens power back and display my desktop instead of the login screen as per usual . I have been...
  10. Sleep mode not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode not working: A week ago stopped working from my normal 3 minute setting. The screen turns off after 3 min, pc remains on, but I have to push the start/shut off button to get the monitor on again. Can't think of what software I might have added that could cause this. My Phoenix BIOS...