Windows 10: Sleep mode every 2 minutes when plugged in

Discus and support Sleep mode every 2 minutes when plugged in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The laptop is going to sleep every 2-3 minutes while plugged in. The power settings for sleep are 1 hour on battery and 1 hour when plugged in. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by weamish, Oct 1, 2015.

1. weamish Win User

Sleep mode every 2 minutes when plugged in

The laptop is going to sleep every 2-3 minutes while plugged in. The power settings for sleep are 1 hour on battery and 1 hour when plugged in. The screen saver is set to None. This is a relatively new behavior, did not have this problem when first upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1. Perhaps there's something in one of the updates that's causing this? Any ideas? Thanks!

:)

weamish, Oct 1, 2015
  2. weamish Win User

sleep mode problem: laptop goes to sleep every 2-3 minutes while plugged in.

Original Title: sleep mode problem

The laptop is going to sleep every 2-3 minutes while plugged in. The power settings for sleep are 1 hour on battery and 1 hour when plugged in. The screen saver is set to None. This is a relatively new behavior, did not have this problem when first upgraded
    to Win 10 from 8.1. Perhaps there's something in one of the updates that's causing this? Any ideas? Thanks!

weamish, Oct 1, 2015
  3. MelikeAV Win User
    Sleep button Shuts Down the computer! Can't find answer

Hello Justine,

I don't have the same settings page as you do. Mine is in Turkish but every category is divided into 2 plugged/battery section under Sleep settings.

But basically;

Sleep after : 15 minutes

Hibernate is off.

Hybrid sleep is off.

Wake timers are disabled in plugged in mode and marked "enable for important" for battery mode.

Any suggestions?

MelikeAV, Oct 1, 2015
Thema:

Sleep mode every 2 minutes when plugged in

1. Sleep mode every 2 minutes when plugged in - Similar Threads - Sleep mode every

2. Sleep mode after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode after 1 minute: Hi there, My laptop is going to sleep after one minute. I have tried numerous solutions but it is still the same. I am not sure how to resolve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-after-1-minute/f1d7da6d-2a1e-4932-950c-e3d3793ccead
  3. display sleeps after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display sleeps after 2 minutes: All hibernation and sleep settings set to NEVER Hard disc set to 360 minutes and still my display closes after 2 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-sleeps-after-2-minutes/d3eb9eec-7064-4cf2-a7dd-6739cb877ffd
  4. Sleep Mode in 2 minutes after recent windows 10 update

Sleep Mode in 2 minutes after recent windows 10 update: my HP laptop is now going to sleep after 2 minutes of inactivity even though the power settings are set for 45 minutes. I have called HP support 4 times and they have been no help. Please tell me what I need to do to fix....
  5. Laptop won't go to sleep mode when plugged in

Laptop won't go to sleep mode when plugged in: I have exactly the same problem as in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-locking-going-to-sleep-when-charging/e0600313-6720-4ee5-82e7-07a38b4fae8d However the replies couldn't solve my problem, so I decided to ask the question...
  6. Windows 10 sleeps after 2 minutes when I plug in second monitor

Windows 10 sleeps after 2 minutes when I plug in second monitor: Hello, My Asus laptop goes into sleep mode after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity when I plug in a second monitor with an HDMI cable. This happens while I'm reading or even when there is a video playing in the background. I have checked all the power settings about what Windows...
  7. My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in

My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in: My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep after 5 hours when plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep/82a21423-c6ab-450a-9211-a398882fe237"
  8. Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes: Hi All, About 5 days ago I received a BSOD but I cannot remember what it was for (It may have been a Power State Failure). I would get the BSOD and then the computer would restart. I uninstalled the latest Microsoft Update (I believe it was a Security update). BSOD...
  9. Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???: Although set to sleep after an hour while on power, it goes to sleep after 2 minutes. Before the Win 10 upgrade, whatever I set power conservation at was what the laptop followed. Never had any problems until now... Any thoughts? Thanks, Bruce 43893
  10. Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in: Hello, I have a Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK, with Windows 10 currently installed. I've recently been annoyed by the following occurrence: while my laptop is plugged in and I stop using it (moving mouse, typing keys, etc), my laptop puts itself to sleep after 2 minutes and 15...