Windows 10: Sleep mode requires pc button to wake

Discus and support Sleep mode requires pc button to wake in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 150615.332) HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX New computor (3 weeks). I have carefully set up Power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Jun 26, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

Sleep mode requires pc button to wake

Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 150615.332)
    HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX
    New computor (3 weeks). I have carefully set up Power settings to not hibernate, no hibrid sleep, turn off display after 5 minutes, and sleep after 1 hour. But after sleeping for about an hour the computer will not wake from keyboard or mouse; I must hit the pc switch. The waking then takes a few seconds longer while I look at the HP circle and then the lock screen. Not a disaster but annoying. Any thoughts?

:)

tcebob, Jun 26, 2017

2. Dell Precision Workstation T5500 will not wake from Sleep Mode

If I allow my Dell Precision Workstation T5500 to enter sleep mode, or place it in sleep mode myself, the PC will not wake unless I hold the power button in to drain all electrons..

Moving the mouse, tapping the keyboard, a "quick" push of the power button results in nothing but a 'zombie' PC....

I assume I should be able to place a Dell Precision Workstation T5500 in Sleep Mode, and wake it?

(This is a PC, not a Laptop)

stephenjnix, Jun 26, 2017
  3. RADZ71 Win User
    windows 10 sleep mode

I also have the same issue here are my observations. When trying to wake the PC from sleep mode: There is a
    very brief hard drive response, the hard drive stops, with a message "entering sleep mode", No additional inputs from the "ESC" key or mouse have any effect in waking the system, the PC goes back to sleep mode.
    At this point a "hard shutdown" is required to get the PC operational.

RADZ71, Jun 26, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Try removing ACPI, keyboard and mouse drivers and hardware from Device Manager and reboot. Most likely the task to check for the IRQ is missing or screwed up.

bro67, Jun 26, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    Ok, I'll try that. Thanks.

tcebob, Jun 26, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    While you're in Device Manager, r-click the mouse/properties and check that it's enabled to wake computer

Sleep mode requires pc button to wake [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jun 26, 2017
  7. tcebob Win User
    Yup, already set. ACPI is not present.

tcebob, Jun 27, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

If this is a USB keyboard, make sure that Legacy is enabled in the Bios. If a wireless keyboard, it can cause issues with the motherboard, so you may want to check for a bios update.

Fill out your system spec's with all info, also post model and manufacturer of the computer if you bought already built from an OEM or the motherboard if you had it built.

There are some wireless keyboards out there that are finicky with Windows. Another fix is to disable Hibernation with Powercfg /hibernate off. Windows power troubleshooter used to work. See if this will help. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/window...rom-sleep-mode

bro67, Jun 28, 2017
  9. tcebob Win User
    thanks, bro67. Whatever gremlins inhabit my realm have relented and the mouse-wake is working. I will mark this as solved.

tcebob, Jun 28, 2017
  10. reddice Win User
    When you put the computer to sleep don't use any sleep shortcuts if your keyboard supports it. When I use to use them I had major sleep issues. My PC would wake up but the sleep light would still be blinking and I had to hold down the power button to turn it off and on again. Since using the actually sleep menu not the keyboard it does not do it as much when before it was doing to every time I woke it up.

reddice, Jun 28, 2017
  11. tcebob Win User
    Well, I do use a Hotkeyp keyboard macro to put it to sleep manually. But mostly I allow the timer set in Power Configuration to wait an hour and then sleep it.

tcebob, Jun 28, 2017
  12. reddice Win User
    PC did not wake up again. Had to hold the power to turn it off and reboot. Really annoying. I give up.

reddice, Jun 29, 2017
  13. Tony K Win User

8.1 had a sleep problem for some. Never did find a global fix for all, but some resolved it for their particular system. You might want to search through this 8F thread.

Windows 8.1 refuses to sleep

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sleep mode requires pc button to wake - Similar Threads - Sleep mode requires

2. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  4. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Waking from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  6. "Power Button" wakes PC from sleep...or does it?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Power Button" wakes PC from sleep...or does it?: I have this recurring problem: About 4 weeks ago my desktop PC would wake up immediately after i set it to sleep. powercfg -lastwake query in cmd prompt returned: Type: Fixed feature, Power Button I googled this problem and also searched here on the forums and some people...
  7. PC keeps waking up out of sleep mode.

PC keeps waking up out of sleep mode.: This is really annoying and has been going on for a few months now. My PC will randomly come out of sleep mode. Iv'e turned off wake timers in the power settings but it still happens. I managed to look up other solutions and one told me to go into the event viewer and I did...
  8. PC fails to wake from sleep mode

PC fails to wake from sleep mode: Immediately following the September Windows update my computer would not wake from sleep mode. The screensaver kicks in correctly and the PC reactivates from that, using either the keyboard or mouse. When the PC actually goes into sleep mode the display goes black but when I...
  9. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep: My system: Win 10 64 bit Retail, MSI B150M Mortar, Intel i5-6500, Samsung 512GB SSD, Corsair 2 x 4 GB Memory, etc. Although my keyboard and mouse are allowed to wake the PC from sleep (in Device Manager), they don't wake the PC. Interestingly, pressing the "Power Button"...
  10. Custom PC not waking up from sleep mode

Custom PC not waking up from sleep mode: My custom computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode whenever I try to wake it up. It's a problem that started a few weeks ago, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to resolve it. I tried everything I've could, and I think I might have a lead. I was able to wake the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell t5500 usb wake up

2. dell t5500 wake problem