Windows 10: Sleep on Monitor

Discus and support Sleep on Monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Everytime I reboot my monitor says Monitor is going to sleep, then logo from Dell then boots, been doing this for a year, I use no sleep functions in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lobo11, Dec 20, 2015.

1. lobo11 Win User

Sleep on Monitor

Everytime I reboot my monitor says Monitor is going to sleep, then logo from Dell then boots, been doing this for a year, I use no sleep functions in power options, anyone know how to fix?

:)

lobo11, Dec 20, 2015

2. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Display won't turn off after specified time

Thanks for your response.

The desktop application that I using is Video Converter Ultimate by Wondershare.

While I have the monitor set to go to sleep after an hour. Last night I set it to one minute but didn't go to sleep as this morning monitor was still on without changing sleep settings.

I understand media players when playing video media monitor won't go to sleep.

Thanks for looking into this.

Sergio Wheel, Dec 20, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Sleep on Monitor

I don't think you can do anything. That is the monitor issuing that message. When you first turn on the monitor it's not getting a signal from the computer so goes into it's own sleep mode. Once a signal is received from the computer it works normally.

Try turning on the computer first. Wait 5 seconds then turn on the monitor. You won't get the going to sleep message.

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2015
Thema:

Sleep on Monitor

1. Sleep on Monitor - Similar Threads - Sleep Monitor

2. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  3. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  4. Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.: I need my Windows 11 desktop computer to remain on and not in sleep mode even when the monitors are turned off.My company provided me with a desktop tower and twin monitors. I work from home using TeamViewer. I would like to turn my monitors off entirely as to not use the...
  5. Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.

Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.: I need my Windows 11 desktop computer to remain on and not in sleep mode even when the monitors are turned off.My company provided me with a desktop tower and twin monitors. I work from home using TeamViewer. I would like to turn my monitors off entirely as to not use the...
  6. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...
  7. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...
  8. Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour: Hello I have an issue with my set upRIghtnow I have dual monitor main is Asus Tuf vg27aq and samsung both are working fine but after I put it to sleep mode and leave it for 1 hour after I turn it on second monitor is starting fine but my main which is Asus tuf it will start...
  9. Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour

Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour: Hello I have an issue with my set upRIghtnow I have dual monitor main is Asus Tuf vg27aq and samsung both are working fine but after I put it to sleep mode and leave it for 1 hour after I turn it on second monitor is starting fine but my main which is Asus tuf it will start...
  10. Help me when I go to put my pc on sleep my monitor go black then they turn back on but my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me when I go to put my pc on sleep my monitor go black then they turn back on but my...: Help me when I go to put my pc on sleep my monitor go black then they turn back on but my pc doesn't even fall asleep pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-when-i-go-to-put-my-pc-on-sleep-my-monitor/68fc47d0-4fdb-4e37-8d63-83c9ffdc49c3