Windows 10: Sleep problem

Discus and support Sleep problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I put my PC to sleep, when it wakes it shows this screen: [img] How can I fix this? 93366 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mobile1, Sep 12, 2017.

1. mobile1 Win User

Sleep problem

When I put my PC to sleep, when it wakes it shows this screen:

Sleep problem [​IMG]

How can I fix this?

:)

mobile1, Sep 12, 2017
  2. Dutch Bob Win User

Windows 10 WiFi and Restart problems after being in 'sleep' mode.

There was/is a similar problem with windows 8.1: No WiFi after sleep mode. It seems during sleep mode WiFi is turned off and not always turned on, causing problems. The advice was never go into sleep mode. I changed my 'power settings', so when I close the
    lid it does not go into sleep mode. So far I have not had any more problems.

So it may be that the 'power management' has problems in windows 8.1 and 10.

Thanks,

Bob

Dutch Bob, Sep 12, 2017
  3. Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically

I have the same problem and have spent hours trying to resolve it.

My display will go to sleep but my computer won't.

I have installed the latest BIOS and drivers.

My computer sleeps fine if I manually push the button.

Sometimes sleep will work for a while and then it stops working.

Powercfg -requests shows nothing.

Powercfg -energy shows nothing that should prevent it from sleeping.

It will not sleep when booted in Safe Mode.

It will not sleep when a Clean Boot is performed per the instructions.

However, it will sleep if I don't check "Hide all Microsoft Services" when I reboot with services disabled so it is a Microsoft service causing the problem.

It will also sleep if I Sign out of my account.

Has this problem been resolved?

Is there a way to see which Microsoft service is causing the problem without disabling them one at a time and rebooting (there is probably close to a hundred of them)?

Thanks

Sterling R, Sep 12, 2017
  4. Sleep problem

Hi mobile1.

Try updating your video driver.

If that fails shut off hibernation and test. To do so, command prompt(admin) or powershell(admin) enter

powercfg -h off

If that doesn't fix follow the link and submit info. Please post in the BSOD section of the forum.

BSOD Crashes and Debugging - Windows 10 Forums

Please read and follow the directions on the very first thread, right at top, it is a sticky. You need to run the tool and attach the zip file to your posting. If you want to add information, until someone responds, please edit your original post. The volunteers working that section action threads with no replies.

They know what they are doing but need you to supply the information. Make sure you either update your system specs within your profile or add them to your posting. Explain what you do to make the BSOD happen, it could very well help.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 13, 2017
Thema:

Sleep problem

1. Sleep problem - Similar Threads - Sleep problem

2. Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem: Some, but not all, of the time when I boot the machine I get a message stating that overclocking failed. I have never tried to overclock the machine. The temporary fix appears to be to press F1 to configure, do nothing, press F10 to exit, get a message telling me I have...
  3. Problem when Waking the pc after Sleep

Problem when Waking the pc after Sleep: After putting my desktop pc to sleep, I used to Wake it up again by pressing the large 'Enter' button on my Keyboard. Now, this doesn't work for me and I have to press the main 'Power' button. I have tried HP's Keyboard Trouble shooter, and windows Trouble shooter but cannot...
  4. Monitor Sleep/Wake Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Sleep/Wake Problem: On my Win 10 64 desktop PC, the monitor goes to sleep as per settings then immediately wakes. Have tried different solutions without any success. The only thing that works if I remove MS wireless mouse 5000/keyboard 3050 transceiver. Then the monitor stays asleep (of course,...
  5. Toshiba Laptop E55-A5114/Sleep Mode Problem

Toshiba Laptop E55-A5114/Sleep Mode Problem: I have been using a Toshiba Satellite E55 since 2015 and I've got some problems recently with Sleep Mode (when set by Power Management). The Start/Sleep Mode when deliberately set by the user still works (it wakes up by touching keyboard, power button or mouse). After...
  6. Problems with Office 2019 after sleep/hibernate

Problems with Office 2019 after sleep/hibernate: Running Windows 10 Pro/64bit, version 1903 on a MSI GS73 and after replacing my Office 2013 with Office 2019 Pro Plus I have issues with Office after sleep and hibernate. Parts of content (menu items etc.) in the Office programs are missing. It is fixed by re-starting each...
  7. Screen sleep problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen sleep problem: Hi I have my screen go to sleep after 10 minutes & as usual it's just a case of tapping the keyboard or moving the mouse to wake it up. However, sometimes when I watch a video the screen will go to sleep but will not come back on regardless of what I do. The PC is still...
  8. Login from sleep problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Login from sleep problem.: I have been having a problem login back in from sleep mode on my Acer laptop. Sometimes when I try to log back into Windows when my laptop is in sleep mode I get a 0x80280100 error message. When I get this error I have to either use my password or restart my laptop. I have...
  9. KB4503286 causing odd problems with Lenovo Yoga connected to CalDigit Dock - sleep or power...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4503286 causing odd problems with Lenovo Yoga connected to CalDigit Dock - sleep or power...: I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 connected via thunderbolt to a CalDigit dock. Normally, I start the PC with lid open in order to start "Thunderbolt* Software". I typically have to start the program, then right click in the system tray and "Manage approved devices" in order for the...
  10. Windows 10 pro 1903 - deep sleep monitor wake problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro 1903 - deep sleep monitor wake problem: Hello, After the windows 10 pro 1903 update in May I am having issues when my dell e7250 system goes to deep sleep. System: E7250 Intel HD Graphics 5500 Docking Station Dell 2405FPW I have an external monitor connected to the system through a dell docking station....