Windows 10: Sleep Quirk

Discus and support Sleep Quirk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I left my machine running last night so it could finish copying files from my old drive to the new one. When I woke up this morning the power light was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thunderclap, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sleep Quirk

I left my machine running last night so it could finish copying files from my old drive to the new one. When I woke up this morning the power light was flashing, its sign it's in sleep mode, but the internal LEDs (GPU, CPU heatsink, etc.) were all still on and I couldn't wake it from sleep. I ultimately had to power it down completely to bring it back up. When I did it booted right to the desktop without going to the lock screen as usual.

Any idea what happened here? How can I prevent this from happening?

This is a clean install on a RAID0 SSD.

:)

thunderclap, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Yumpin Win User

Windows Defender has stopped working

Nope, my Defender is 'still searching' but I've ceased losing sleep over the numerous quirks of Windows 10......

Too many quirks, too little time and Windows 7 really works just fine for me.......

I am slowly losing faith in testing Windows 10 anymore until its release; then will see what transpires by end of next month....

If my 'test machine' doesn't work OK at the end of next month, Windows 10 won't be deployed to my other machines until it does pass muster on the 'test machine....'

Yumpin, Jul 29, 2015
  3. aljohnson Win User
    Power drain when plugged into pc while off

Just adding my 2 cents. Found this to be odd with my new phone. Previous WM6.1 phone I would sync and charge overnight with my PC and let both 'sleep' when done. WM6 must be closing the port when the USB power drops so not to deplete the battery.

Just one more quirk with the new device.

aljohnson, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Sleep Quirk

I had basically the same problem. I had to shut it down and restart.

Thema:

Sleep Quirk

1. Sleep Quirk - Similar Threads - Sleep Quirk

2. Windows 11 Sleep Mode is not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Sleep Mode is not working properly: Ever since i updated the latest version of windows 11 on my hp spectre laptop, whenever the laptop goes to sleep mode ,it will not turn on at all.and i have to force restart the laptop.what is the solution ?...
  3. Windows 11 Sleep Mode is not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Sleep Mode is not working properly: Ever since i updated the latest version of windows 11 on my hp spectre laptop, whenever the laptop goes to sleep mode ,it will not turn on at all.and i have to force restart the laptop.what is the solution ?...
  4. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  5. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  6. NO SLEEP MODE - Windows 11 "Settings" is Missing many Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO SLEEP MODE - Windows 11 "Settings" is Missing many Features: Something happened to my Windows 11 Settings Features.In particular, after clicking on Settings:In System:- No Power and Battery just Power- but In Power under Screen and Sleep - there is No Sleep mode feature offered- No System and Security setting just Privacy and Security-...
  7. NO SLEEP MODE - Windows 11 "Settings" is Missing many Features

NO SLEEP MODE - Windows 11 "Settings" is Missing many Features: Something happened to my Windows 11 Settings Features.In particular, after clicking on Settings:In System:- No Power and Battery just Power- but In Power under Screen and Sleep - there is No Sleep mode feature offered- No System and Security setting just Privacy and Security-...
  8. my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point...: my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point onwards is at double speed. Can this be rectified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-went-into-sleep-mode-during-a/04d468af-39aa-4606-adf3-4cb7bff394c7
  9. my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point...: my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point onwards is at double speed. Can this be rectified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-went-into-sleep-mode-during-a/04d468af-39aa-4606-adf3-4cb7bff394c7
  10. my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point...