Windows 10: Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

Discus and support Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have an intermittent issue when coming out of sleep mode. Sometimes things work find but maybe 1 out of 4 times either the screen will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by protivakid, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

Hello,

I have an intermittent issue when coming out of sleep mode. Sometimes things work find but maybe 1 out of 4 times either the screen will not get a signal from the video card or there will be an image but the entire pc is frozen including the mouse pointer.

Each time this issue happens I can go into my event log and see "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

This seems to point to the issue being related to my graphics card driver. Any suggestions? I already disabled "Hybrid Sleep" but that did not help.

Windows 10 64-bit
    X58 i7 970
    AMD Rx 480

:)

protivakid, Feb 2, 2017
  2. Thommo14 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update video issue

Another observation:

Previously, the display stopped responding only when I used my keyboard or mouse to resume the monitor from sleep (the PC is not set to sleep or hibernate). Note that this was still completely random (to me, at least).

I checked Device Manager this morning and there's an entry overnight for the display not responding, so now the display not responding even when I'm not resuming the monitor from sleep.

Thommo14, Feb 2, 2017
  3. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Yeah difficult to pinpoint a source for the problem.

But here's a place to search for drivers/patches

Official Support | ASUS USA

And you can always try running some maintenance via AMD's Catalyst Control Center

(as I'm sure you know you can access that by right-clicking in any blank space on your desktop I only add this for those who may not be aware of this option).

Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding [​IMG]

A-User-Where, Feb 2, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

This section is only for BSOD events which you do not seem to have.

Try posting in the Performance and Maintenance Section. However, I suspect it may have something to do with a BIOS setting. Some people have had success with turning off the C-State Technology. You will find this in the Intel PPM Configuration part of the Advanced CPU settings in the BIOS menu.

philc43, Feb 2, 2017
  5. In my Pheonix BIOS I could not find an option to turn C-State on/off

protivakid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

1. Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding - Similar Threads - Sleep resume Display

2. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: When i tried to screen share on discord my screen went black completely all sounds stopped and then the screen recovered and every app was closed when i saw the event viewer i saw "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." with event id...
  3. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: When i tried to screen share on discord my screen went black completely all sounds stopped and then the screen recovered and every app was closed when i saw the event viewer i saw "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." with event id...
  4. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...: when I open a game the screen turns black for a few seconds and a error message appears "display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in windows 8.1.I tried with registry but doesn't work,...
  6. Display Drivers stopped responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Drivers stopped responding: I recently did a fresh install of windows, before this, I have never gotten this issue with this graphics card. I can't find out what is causing this issue. I have looked it up and tried to fix it by increasing tdrdelay, but it didn't fix it. Please Help Specs of PC: CPU:...
  7. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding: So I bought a new PC a month ago and whilst playing many games the PC will stop responding and crash. When I checked the event viewer it said that the Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding but recovered about 11 times before the event log reported system startup which...
  8. amdkmdap has stopped responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    amdkmdap has stopped responding: Brand new desktop, re-installed it today due this issue and it still occurs. My PC Screen randomly freezes, and comes back. Sometimes, i need to reboot to get away from the freeze. I found this error in event log: Display Driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has...
  9. Amd display driver amdkmdap question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Amd display driver amdkmdap question: The System32 folder has atikmpag.sys 499kb dated 8/11/2016 The AMD (for Radeon R7 200) 16.12.1 downloaded yesterday with a clean install has atikmpag.sys 518 kb 12/7/2016 Since the 'clean' install was chosen from the Catalyst control panel and that routine did take place...
  10. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and recovered? Help?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and recovered? Help?: Recently I've bought an RX 460 Gigabyte 4GB OC edition for my HP 500-056 with used to run with integrated graphics from an A8-6500 APU. To account for the extra watts needed, I bought a 430W PSU from Corsair bronze certified. Ever since I've got it which has been about 2...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device not started amdkmdap