Windows 10: Sleep shortcut has gone wacky

Discus and support Sleep shortcut has gone wacky in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I followed the thread started in Mar. 2016 to set up a shortcut to put our computers to sleep. After turning off Hibernation (powercfg -h off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rboppy, Jan 1, 2018.

1. rboppy Win User

Sleep shortcut has gone wacky

Hi,

I followed the thread started in Mar. 2016 to set up a shortcut to put our computers to sleep. After turning off Hibernation (powercfg -h off, from a cmd prompt ran as administrator) I set this shortcut "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0", on both mine and my wife's computer, and for a couple of days it worked great (still does on my computer), but now on my wife's computer it started going to sleep automatically after sitting idle of an hour or so. And now, today, it goes to sleep after 10 minutes. I'll delete her shortcut and see if the problem goes away and report back here.

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

:)

rboppy, Jan 1, 2018

2. Windows Live Hotmail Sync

There has to be something in a header that causes it to go wacky....

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 1, 2018
  3. LesRead Win User
    sleep button

Where has my sleep button gone? had com 10 years WHY has it gone

LesRead, Jan 1, 2018
  4. rboppy Win User

I deleted the shortcut, no change to the automatic Sleep. We then restarted her computer and the automatic sleep went away right up until she put it to sleep this morning using the Power icon in the Start menu, now after 10 minutes of idle it goes to sleep. It's a laptop and we have it set to Never Sleep when on power.

rboppy, Jan 3, 2018
  5. Callender Win User
    I'm not expert on this but try running powercfg/energy from an elevated command prompt (run command prompt as administrator)

EDIT: Sorry. there should be a space in that command! powercfg /energy

Drag and drop the report found here: file:///C:/WINDOWS/System32/energy-report.html into a new tab in your browser (or drop in address bar) and see it it offers any clues.

Sleep shortcut has gone wacky [​IMG]

Callender, Jan 4, 2018
  6. rboppy Win User
    Turns out if she reboots, the computer won't go to sleep (it is configured through the Control Panel to never sleep), but if she puts it to sleep [Start/Power/Sleep] it will go to sleep on a random basis, the more time that has passed since the last reboot the sooner it will go to sleep. She rebooted yesterday morning, put it to sleep last night, and now it sleeps as soon as 5 minutes without any activity.

I ran powercfg /energy today, these are the errors:

Sleep shortcut has gone wacky [​IMG]

rboppy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sleep shortcut has gone wacky - Similar Threads - Sleep shortcut has

2. Sleep option is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option is gone: Hi!For the past two days my laptop does not show the Sleep option in Power... i found this question and tried all of the methods that were recommended, none of them worked for me.I also do not have the option to "check" sleep in Control panel. Is there anything else I could...
  3. Sleep mode is gone

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode is gone: I tried almost all the solutions that was provided on the internet.I tried these but the problem still exists:1--Press Windows key + R then type:powercfg -restoredefaultschemes2-Run power Troubleshooter3-Open Control Panel> Click Hardware and Sound > Click Power Options> then...
  4. Sleep mode is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode is gone: I tried almost all the solutions that was provided on the internet.I tried these but the problem still exists:1--Press Windows key + R then type:powercfg -restoredefaultschemes2-Run power Troubleshooter3-Open Control Panel> Click Hardware and Sound > Click Power Options> then...
  5. Sleep mode is gone

6. Sleep option gone

Sleep option gone: On my windows 10 laptop, my sleep option has completely disappeared. I've tried multiple solutions, but none of them worked. Here are the ones I have tried:Restoring the default power options using the command window, evening running it as administrator and restarting my PC...
  7. Sleep option is gone

Sleep option is gone: On my windows 10 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu. I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the control panel and the settings, the sleep option was not available in Settings>System>Power and Sleep. It also wasn't...
  8. Sleep option is gone...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep option is gone...: I went into the power option and was only able to add hibernation option but the sleep option is still not there. wtf how do i fix this ? submitted by /u/muaytao [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fv8hug/sleep_option_is_gone/
  9. Wacky Function Keys FIXED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wacky Function Keys FIXED: (My apologies if this is post is not in the right area) I was experiencing an annoying problem the last two days where my F number keys weren't doing their designated functions. The keys for volume did nothing, but the F4 pulled up a dropdown search bar. The brightness keys...
  10. Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky

Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky: Been using Win10 for many, many months running with windows 7 format . This morning On logging in with password, it recognized me by username, BUT it then said "Preparing Windows". The desktop had only about 10 of the 50+ icons. Background image is gone. Start menu has none...