Windows 10: Sleep/wake up have to reboot to get internet back again.

Discus and support Sleep/wake up have to reboot to get internet back again. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Lately, when I put my desktop computer to sleep and when I wake it up again, I have to do a restart to get the internet back again. This is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dahermit, Oct 21, 2017.

1. dahermit Win User

Sleep/wake up have to reboot to get internet back again.

Lately, when I put my desktop computer to sleep and when I wake it up again, I have to do a restart to get the internet back again. This is an intermittent problem and only has been happening recently. I was having a lot of trouble with Blue Screens of Death and the "Aw! Snap!" memory problems with Google Chrome so I was fooling around a lot trying to fix those problems. I turned out that I had a bad RAM chip so when I swapped the RAM cards out for new, the Blue Screens stopped happening as well as the Chrome memory problems ended. But, I cannot remember what all I messed with, settings wise.

I use HughesNet satellite as my internet provider.

Any idea of what I may have changed to cause this?

:)

dahermit, Oct 21, 2017
  2. Dee W_824 Win User

Windows 10 will not wake up from sleep, restart always required

When my workstation goes to sleep I have to reboot. Will not wake up by shaking the mouse or pressing the ANY key on the computer. Have to reboot to get it working again.

Dee W_824, Oct 21, 2017
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Lenovo ideapad 100S will not resume from sleep mode.

Hi Michael,

Pressing a key on the keyboard or tapping on the mouse pad wakes the laptop from sleep. However, if it won't wake up, there are several ways to wake it up:

• Press the power or sleep button to wake it up.
    • Close the lid of the laptop and open it again.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Sleep/wake up have to reboot to get internet back again.

Any idea of what I may have changed to cause this? Your ISP is more than likely The problem.

This is probably your problem. Satellite use for getting on The Net is close to being worse than a dial Up. When I worked for EDS I installed/maintained Satellite Systems that at the time were on every GM Dealership, this was before the Net too hold. Get another provider , there has to be at least AT&T around where you live unless you are in The UP. I used to Live in The Detroit area. Dish use is very unstable due to weather, sun spots, the dis has to be pointed directly at the Satellite .

Josey Wales, Oct 21, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Another one on possible ISP or Gateway issues.

bro67, Oct 21, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    There are loads of other possibilities as well.

It could be related to power settings, old drivers etc.

You could do a clean install as a dual boot (installing in a virtual hard drive is a great way to do this) and see if issue goes away. That will confirm it is not an ISP issue, if issue goes away.

cereberus, Oct 21, 2017
  7. dahermit Win User
    There are outdated, but frequently used programs that I have been using since back in Windows 7 days that I cannot give up. For instance, MSWorks (Word Processor, Spread Sheet, and Database) that use for medical forms on which to log daily data that would result in much inconvenience of deleted. MSWorks used to come installed on earlier Windows computers...it no longer is. A "Clean Install" as I understand it, would delete such programs with no hope of getting them back and I am not willing to do that.

dahermit, Oct 22, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

If you do a non-destructive repair, you will not lose anything, but those ancient programs can go. Convert the database and other items to use with Google Doc's or LIbreoffice. You are opening yourself to security risks running outdated software that is way past its end of life. Google Fusion Tables, Oxygen Office, ParaSQL can all take the place of the MSworks Database.

bro67, Oct 22, 2017
  9. dahermit Win User
    "...not lose anything..."? I have many programs I have added to my computer and according to my research on Windows 10 Reset, those would be removed. Re-downloading and installing all those is not something I would want to do to fix an intermittent issue. I have downloaded Liberoffice and it seems to be a viable replacement for MSWorks, so at least MSWorks can go.

dahermit, Oct 24, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    There are going to be some programs that if they are not digitally signed, a upgrade or reset can remove them. The non-destructive reset can cause items to be removed if you have not backed it up. Even Microsoft warns users that they are at risk when using the OS and need to do changes is that you are responsible for the risk.

bro67, Oct 24, 2017
  11. dahermit Win User
    Preliminary use (I will note it if it happens again) suggests that this is the answer to my having to reboot after the computer has been sleeping, to get the internet back.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...m=w7itpromedia It has not happened since I unchecked the box, but it is way too early to conclude that doing so has solved the problem for sure. If it happens despite unchecking that box, I will report back here. Thanks for the suggestions.

dahermit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sleep/wake up have to reboot to get internet back again. - Similar Threads - Sleep wake reboot

2. Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep: I've been enjoying my laptop doing as the title of this post says. I can put it to sleep or it will go to sleep on its own. In a few minutes, the screen will flash on then it will go back to sleep again. I've gone through the Network Adapters / Keyboard / Mouse and unchecked...
  3. Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep: I've been enjoying my laptop doing as the title of this post says. I can put it to sleep or it will go to sleep on its own. In a few minutes, the screen will flash on then it will go back to sleep again. I've gone through the Network Adapters / Keyboard / Mouse and unchecked...
  4. Wakes up and then sleeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wakes up and then sleeps: I open the lid of my surface, the screen lights up but doesn’t give the option of a password. It goes back to sleep after about 8 seconds. Neither the touchscreen nor any of the keys work....
  5. Wakes up and then sleeps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wakes up and then sleeps: I open the lid of my surface, the screen lights up but doesn’t give the option of a password. It goes back to sleep after about 8 seconds. Neither the touchscreen nor any of the keys work....
  6. Windows 10 sleep mode issue: wakes up again as it goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sleep mode issue: wakes up again as it goes to sleep: Hi All, I am facing issue with Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Home. I am using ASUS Vivobook S510UN, for past few days, when I put system on sleep it wakes up immediately and doesn't go to sleep mode. Even when the lid is closed it wakes up and asks for login. Have checked...
  7. Reboot when trying to wake up from sleep

Reboot when trying to wake up from sleep: Hi! I have a Lenovo 330S 15ARR since last October, Windows 10 v1909. Sleeping and waking from sleep was working fine. Since a couple of months, I have the following problem. I noticed that when I try to wake the pc from sleep, it acts like I rebooted. I did some testings...
  8. Sleep and no internet on wake up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sleep and no internet on wake up: When I "wake up" my computer it often doesn't remain connected to the internet. I must restart the computer to regain internet access. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-and-no-internet-on-wake-up/9f23d24f-8345-4354-9764-9bdde804a6fc
  9. Sleep and Wake up

Sleep and Wake up: I use Windows 10 with latest fixes, my problem is when I put my PC to sleep I touch a key and the system unit wakes up but the screen stays sleeping. Eventually touching the mouse or more keys then makes the system reboot. Any help much appreciated...
  10. Can't wake from sleep - have to reboot everytime.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't wake from sleep - have to reboot everytime.: Hi. HP Pavilion laptop, Windows 10 Pro Intel i5, 2.60 GHz 8 GB Ram. I was on 8.1 but did a clean install following the guides on the forums and it worked great. Only issue I had was with the Synaptics settings that keeps resseting after reboot but sorted that out....