Windows 10: Sleep while getting windows ready ?

Discus and support Sleep while getting windows ready ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop just finished updated something and its begin to restart, when restart begin as usual there's message "getting windows ready dont turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mikelferdinan, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Sleep while getting windows ready ?

My laptop just finished updated something and its begin to restart, when restart begin as usual there's message "getting windows ready dont turn off your computer", but accidentally i close my laptop lid that cause my laptop goes to sleep mode and screen off then when i open my lid back the screen on and the update resume fine. My laptop just fine after that accident but i kinda afraid what i am doing can damage my OS, its possible can cause any damage to my OS because of that accident ? also i believe i have already set my laptop lid to no take any action while lid is close.
    Excuse my english and thank you.

:)

mikelferdinan, Mar 15, 2017
  2. MLump Win User

Windows 10 Goes to Sleep Too Early

Can You please fix this sleep problem!!! If Windows 10 was not ready for release, then you should have waited.

I expect that MS would stop being so greedy and get busy performing. It seems that the computer has taken on the characteristics of it operating systems creator. Sleeping more and working less.

I am getting tired of MS and beginning to understand the Apple attraction.

Let's go. Get it fixed.

Michael

MLump, Mar 15, 2017
  3. PPaul13 Win User
    Receiving emails while my Surface is in sleep mode

When my Surface had 8.1 I was able to receive email notifications while it was in sleep mode. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I do not get these alerts but rather receive the notifications when I wake up the Surface. Is there any way to change this behavior
    so that I get notifications while Surface is sleeping?

Thanks in advance.

PPaul13, Mar 15, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Sleep while getting windows ready ?

I think you will find the update process continued even though you shut the lid. It seems the process continued and completed successfully so I would not be concerned that any system files were damaged.

If you want to be sure there is a system file checker you can run to confirm that all your system files are intact.

If you want to check what actions are taken when you shut the lid follow the recommendations in this tutorial.

philc43, Mar 16, 2017
Thema:

Sleep while getting windows ready ?

1. Sleep while getting windows ready ? - Similar Threads - Sleep while getting

2. Getting windows ready

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting windows ready: After uninstalling several programs and restarting, laptop stuck on getting Windows ready screen. Dell, AMD processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-windows-ready/12df4cb5-9233-4d25-99f2-54feea2ea3bc
  3. Getting windows ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows ready: After uninstalling several programs and restarting, laptop stuck on getting Windows ready screen. Dell, AMD processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-windows-ready/12df4cb5-9233-4d25-99f2-54feea2ea3bc
  4. Getting windows ready

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting Windows Ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting Windows Ready: My laptop stuck at Getting Windows ready, After 50 Minutes My Laptop booted up. Just a random thought ! When Microsoft releases several updates, but why cant this issue be fixed ? Comment your views, If you Guys too annoyed with this....
  6. Getting Windows Ready

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting Windows Ready: I don’t really know what category to put this under, but, I’m stuck on the “Getting Windows Ready - Don’t turn off your computer” screen This has been going on for *2 days*, yesterday and all of today. I’ve left it for hours with no progress, I took out anything externally...
  7. "Getting Windows Ready"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Getting Windows Ready": I was in the middle of a disk clean up in Windows 10. The process looked different that what I normally see, and I did a restart in the middle of it. When my laptop came back on, it was a blue screen with the spinning wheel saying "Getting Windows Ready do not turn off your...
  8. "Getting Windows Ready"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Getting Windows Ready": I was in class doing my work when a friend next to me started pressing random buttons on my keyboard, then the caps lock started flashing. I did what others said would work, restarting my laptop. I restarted and I was greeted with the "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off...
  9. Getting windows ready

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting windows ready: My computer is stuck on "Getting Windows ready Don't turn off your computer" at what point should I bite the bullet and turn off? 79537
  10. Getting Windows Ready

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Windows Ready: Hello All, I hope this is the appropriate forum for this question. I was having an issue connecting wo something I had in the and think it was a java issue (it works fine on my desktop, not so much on my laptop and I'm not even sure java is on my desktop). I know it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows getting ready ...laptop sleepiing

2. getting windows ready sleep