Windows 10: Sleeps, Cannot awaken. USB Mouse???

Discus and support Sleeps, Cannot awaken. USB Mouse??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a problematic Toshiba P55W-b5224, the HDD for which failed, I started over with Clean Install Win 10 on a new SSD. Issues thinned out mostly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cognus, Nov 21, 2016.

1. cognus Win User

Sleeps, Cannot awaken. USB Mouse???

I have a problematic Toshiba P55W-b5224, the HDD for which failed, I started over with Clean Install Win 10 on a new SSD. Issues thinned out mostly except one very annoying issue: The user is mouse-dependent and uses a GE branded USB wireless mouse with a small USB transceiver. Periodically, when the laptop's display goes dark, the lights [disk, power, etc] will show it 'on' but there is no way to wake the system. Must shutdown, then restart- and when that is done, the sys will boot and run looking fairly normal, except that the USB device will not work until we remove the transceiver and pick a different USB port.

I am suspicious that the mouse and its transceiver are at fault but how to prove? with it removed, I cannot force the system into a sleep/wake problem. It sleeps and wakes as it should, so far as I can tell. I have read a bunch of threads [and fought through a few issues on other laptops] re: the reverse condition: the USB device prevents the system from sleeping as it is supposed to. Not the case here.

Suggestions other than the obvious one of "stop using that mouse!"

thx
    C

:)

cognus, Nov 21, 2016

2. Issues related to Sleep/Hibernate in Windows 10

After setting "Sleep" or "Hibernate", my PC appears to enter that state, then awakens. After waiting the minutes set in the "Power" setting, the PC will sleep then, after a random time, will awaken. Windows sound is as if a key is pressed or a command is
    sent. Cannot fix.

Original title: Windows 10

BobColeAbn, Nov 21, 2016
  3. Surface Pro 2, windows 10, won't stay asleep

I have just tried sleep mode with my USB mouse and chip removed from the tablet. NO PROBLEMS! Tried three sleep sessions with no awakening.

I reinstalled the USB mouse - guess what - sleep still works OK and does not awake after the previous short time.

Albatros67, Nov 21, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you could explore things a little using the Powercfg command from a command prompt.

powercfg /?
    shows you the parameters of course.

powercfg /devicequery /?
    e.g. digs deeper.

Try
    powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

I suppose you could use a script that disables then enables your mouse, run on log-on, if that might help.... try it manually first if you can.

dalchina, Nov 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Sleeps, Cannot awaken. USB Mouse??? - Similar Threads - Sleeps Cannot awaken

2. PC cannot be awakened from sleep after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC cannot be awakened from sleep after Windows 11 upgrade: After Windows 10 to Windows 11 update, PC will not wake from sleep. Power and reset buttons also not functional. I have to manually cycle the PSU to get it back. Oddly enough, sometimes when I do this, the tabs and processes that were open when the PC entered sleep were open...
  3. PC cannot be awakened from sleep after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC cannot be awakened from sleep after Windows 11 upgrade: After Windows 10 to Windows 11 update, PC will not wake from sleep. Power and reset buttons also not functional. I have to manually cycle the PSU to get it back. Oddly enough, sometimes when I do this, the tabs and processes that were open when the PC entered sleep were open...
  4. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode: I built a new PC for Christmas and installed the latest version of Windows 10. When I place the computer in sleep mode it will awaken after an hour or so. Sometimes it will eventually go back to sleep but then awakens again after thirty minutes or so. How can I stop this from...
  5. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode: I built a new PC for Christmas and installed the latest version of Windows 10. When I place the computer in sleep mode it will awaken after an hour or so. Sometimes it will eventually go back to sleep but then awakens again after thirty minutes or so. How can I stop this from...
  6. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Computer awakens from 'Sleep'

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer awakens from 'Sleep': Hello,Recently I have noticed, I put my computer to "sleep" when I go for a long break, like sitting to lunch or coffee break. When I click on the 'sleep' button on the 'power' it goes to 'sleep' (I hear it stopped) When I come back to the computer I hear its working. (By the...
  8. Sleep mode awakening with blank screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode awakening with blank screen: After updating my Windows 10 to 1809, if I leave for a few minutes it goes into sleep mode and on awakening the CPU restarts with blank screen. I have to restart to have a display. I reversed to earlier version 1803 and it works fine. Any solution to update to 1809? Please...
  9. USB Mouse disappears after Sleep or Hibernation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse disappears after Sleep or Hibernation: I have recently upgraded my laptop from Vista to Windows 7 to Windows 10. My system is Toshiba Equium P300-16T, Intel Pentium (R) Dual CPU T2370 1.73 GHz. Installed memory (RAM) 2.00 GB 32 Bit Operating System My Windows 10 is reported as Version 1703 (OS Build...
  10. Toshiba Laptop sleeps, does not awaken. USB fault??

in Windows 10 Support
    Toshiba Laptop sleeps, does not awaken. USB fault??: I am trying to find a way to debug and resolve a Sleep/No-wake issue with Satellite Laptop, Haswell i7, fresh new Windows 10 x64 home ed on a new SSD. My guess is the issue is most likely being caused by either/both a USB wireless mouse [tried 2 different ones: GE and...