Windows 10: slideshow not running in evening

Discus and support slideshow not running in evening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My W10 slideshow runs all day but it does not start most evenings. It is set to start after 3 minutes, and it does, but not after 6 or 7PM (GMT). If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rob Somerville, Jan 29, 2018.

1. slideshow not running in evening

My W10 slideshow runs all day but it does not start most evenings. It is set to start after 3 minutes, and it does, but not after 6 or 7PM (GMT). If I then send the PC to sleep and then press the power button to wake it, this sometimes works. Any ideas?

Lenovo Ideapad. W10 set to update automatically, and it did last week. Slideshow problem existed before update.

:)

Rob Somerville, Jan 29, 2018

2. Running an image slideshow from storage card

I'm unable to run a slideshow of the images saved to my iMate JasJam's storage card, even though the slideshow option appears as a menu item when viewing the images via file explorer... is the slideshow facility not available for storage card files or
    is it a system glitch of some sort?

Thank you!

Susie Queue, Jan 29, 2018
  3. Patcarnig Win User
    Windows 10 Photos app slideshow repeats after 30 pictures.

I created a folder with 160 of our best pictures from our wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii and when running the slideshow in the windows photo app it only goes through 30 pictures before starting over at the beginning. I tried the photo viewer slideshow
    and for some reason it only uses like 40% of the screen (even though it goes into "full screen" mode.) I would prefer to run it in the photos app because it will also play a few short videos that I've thrown in. It seems to restart after 30 pictures regardless
    of whether or not videos are included in the slideshow. Is there a fix for this? Or another program that can play a slideshow with 160 pictures and a few short videos?

Patcarnig, Jan 29, 2018
  4. slideshow not running in evening

Yesterday evening the W10 slideshow did not start. I pressed the power button to send the computer to sleep for a few minutes. After waking the computer with the power button, the slideshow would not start. I then did a restart and the slideshow started and ran as normal. Obviously this is not an important problem, I just wondered what other people thought*Smile

Rob Somerville, Jan 30, 2018
  5. I don't know how or why but the W10 slideshow is working as it should so, I'll mark my little problem as solved and thanks to anyone who thought about it.

Rob Somerville, Feb 2, 2018
  6. philc43 Win User
    It is always good to run an occasional restart - I find this keeps the system running better than using sleep or even the fast shutdown/startup.

Glad you got it sorted.

philc43, Feb 4, 2018
  7. Thanks for the reply. I do tend to restart, around about once a week, maybe, when something goes wrong*Sad Now I am happy again*Tongue

Rob Somerville, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

slideshow not running in evening

1. slideshow not running in evening - Similar Threads - slideshow running evening

2. slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slideshow: When I set my slideshow to 10 minutes, it continues to run at 1 minute. No matter what time I set it to, it continues to run at 1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slideshow/3cc6299d-1531-43f4-9816-7303fe89621c
  3. slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    slideshow: When I set my slideshow to 10 minutes, it continues to run at 1 minute. No matter what time I set it to, it continues to run at 1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slideshow/3cc6299d-1531-43f4-9816-7303fe89621c
  4. How to run lock screen slideshow as app

How to run lock screen slideshow as app: I am very impressed by the slideshow, which can be selected as lockscreen background. Especially its "collages" are really beautiful to view thousands travel photos. This collage features seems to be available only for the lockscreen, whereas the the monitor background...
  5. slideshow

slideshow: with the most recent update I lost the feature, where after a period of inactivity, there was a random display of my pictures.....how do I restore that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slideshow/9cb4e909-561e-4c38-8d46-3e02ab8f469d
  6. Windows Photo Gallery - unable to run slideshow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Photo Gallery - unable to run slideshow: I cannot run a slideshow. Error message: OxC945002F which tells me that Windows Live Movie Maker cannot start. Have tried to install. It did not work....
  7. Wallpaper for Dual Monitors Running Slideshow on Windows 10

Wallpaper for Dual Monitors Running Slideshow on Windows 10: Like the subject says, I have dual monitors running slideshow in personalization settings. How do I change the setting to show the same wallpaper. Right now it's showing two different wallpapers. This is a work computer so I cannot download any applications to fix this....
  8. How run slideshow on multiple monitors?

How run slideshow on multiple monitors?: How can I show my slideshow on multiple monitors, on Windows 10 Home? My pictures slideshow only shows on one. Like many users, I have multiple monitors. I want to see family photos on both monitors, as my slideshow. Relatedly, I used to use Picasa, which shows a slideshow...
  9. Computer not going to sleep or running slideshow.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not going to sleep or running slideshow.: Hi over the last few days my computer does not go to sleep or run the slideshow as it used to. I have tried all the usual things, updating drivers, adjusting the power settings etc etc, but nothing works. Tonight I ran powercfg -energy and the report showed 8 errors and 7...
  10. desktop wallpaper changes on it's own even when slideshow is off

desktop wallpaper changes on it's own even when slideshow is off: The desktop wallpaper and lockscreen change to random pictures which are not saved or downloaded in my PC. I have paused the slideshow mode for desktop background both when on battery or when plugged in,but still it keeps on changing. Windows defender has not detected any...