Windows 10: Slight Lag Issue in Windows 10

Discus and support Slight Lag Issue in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Unsure where to put this. My processor isn't that old (i7-3770k), 16 GB ram. Everything normally works great. A few days ago though windows went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AntJac, Feb 15, 2018.

1. AntJac Win User

Slight Lag Issue in Windows 10

Unsure where to put this. My processor isn't that old (i7-3770k), 16 GB ram. Everything normally works great.

A few days ago though windows went almost totally non responsive. Tasks took ages to open, browsers and programs the same. My PC was only on for about half an hour or so before that happened. I reboot and everything had been ok since. There was no errors or BSOD or events in RH.

Fast forward to today, and a similar issue occured ever so slightly. Nothing happened again all I was doing was pausing a download in a torrent program. I'm at a bit of a loss and I'm quite worried. I can't see it being my processor as I was always told if that's faulty in any way I'd know about it and the fact it doesn't happen all the time makes me think it's not that. My ram seems fine and I'm still seeing the full amount in system info.

I haven't cleaned the inside of my pc in a while. Could it be that? Has anyone else had this issue recently?

:)

AntJac, Feb 15, 2018

2. Windows Search Index / Keyboard / Volume Control Lag at Startup After Log In

I have given up trying to fix this issue. It might just be an inherent issue with windows 10. Asides from the 1 min interval of slight lag in keyboard input / or any input for that matter, everything is stable and runs flawlessly. I guess it is a small
    price to pay.

User12345679, Feb 15, 2018
  3. Karmeet Win User
    X6 : Messaging !!!

even after that there is a slight lag in the process ...

Karmeet, Feb 15, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

There are far too many potential causes of system slowdown to enumerate them all here. This kind of thing happens from time to time, and it's encouraging that a reboot helped you in at least one case. If you'll run the following command in an administrative command prompt window or PowerShell (Admin) session, we can see if something is definitely up:
    Code: dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth[/quote] Hopefully, you'll get a "No component store corruption detected" response. Whatever you get, please post the results in screenshot fashion here, like so:

Slight Lag Issue in Windows 10 [​IMG]

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 15, 2018
  5. AntJac Win User
    Hi Ed,

Slight Lag Issue in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Thanks ever so much for your help. No corruption detected. I forgot to mention i do have 2 SSD drives that i have haf for over 5 years too

AntJac, Feb 16, 2018
  6. AntJac Win User
    I'm away on holiday at the moment so I don't have access to my desk. What I can tell you though is that I get no hardware errors in Reliability History, no messages on screen and no blue screens which makes me think it's nothing serious

AntJac, Feb 17, 2018
  7. CountMike New Member
    When something like that happens, check your Task Manager first to see what's going on. AV may be running a scan or some update using resources. Could even be some malware.

CountMike, Feb 17, 2018
  8. AntJac Win User

Yeah I thought that but I did a scam with Windows Defender and nothing showed up.

AntJac, Feb 17, 2018
  9. CountMike New Member
    Try also Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner. Practically every time I go to some torrent site those two programs have something to clean.

CountMike, Feb 17, 2018
  10. AntJac Win User
    Thanks Mike I'll try that. Just to ease my mind, if it was something serious I'd be getting hardware errors in RH and BSODs etc won't I?

AntJac, Feb 17, 2018
  11. CountMike New Member
    Yes, BSODs would be often. Also watch what your torrent client is doing. Some start coin mining as soon as you start them. It's pretty messy situation, I use them only for Linux downloads and when it's offered to DL with torrent from that particular dostro's site. It's faster than direct downloads most of time.

CountMike, Feb 17, 2018
  12. AntJac Win User
    Thanks Mike. The torrent client I use is a 32 bit application (older version) and I've bene using it for a long time without issues.

AntJac, Feb 17, 2018
  13. AntJac Win User

Slight update. All of my downloads in torrent go to an external USB hard drive. Could any spyware/malware affect the main system even if it's on a "separate" part?

AntJac, Feb 17, 2018
  14. CountMike New Member
    As long as storage online any malware can spill into system and other disks.

CountMike, Feb 17, 2018
  15. AntJac Win User
    Ah ok. Many thanks Mike. Apologies for the stupid questions.

AntJac, Feb 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Slight Lag Issue in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Slight Lag Issue

2. Slight lag using windows and explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slight lag using windows and explorer: Recently done a complete reinstall of windows 11 as was having some issue. Ended up installing it on a new drive I had, a Samsung 980 Pro 2TB.Ever since reinstalling it feels like windows is always abit laggy/delayed. When I open a new explorer window or sometimes just...
  3. Slight lag using windows and explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slight lag using windows and explorer: Recently done a complete reinstall of windows 11 as was having some issue. Ended up installing it on a new drive I had, a Samsung 980 Pro 2TB.Ever since reinstalling it feels like windows is always abit laggy/delayed. When I open a new explorer window or sometimes just...
  4. Windows 10 Lag issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Lag issue: Hello! I'm Gihan. And I'm experiencing Alot Of lag On My Windows 10 Laptop Recently,It was working Just fine.But I Actually Don't Know What Happened!I Cleaned 15GB From My C: Download File! and Ran an Anti-Virus but Still None of Them Worked!I Also Tried this in The Command...
  5. Windows 10 Lag issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Lag issue: Hello! I'm Gihan. And I'm experiencing Alot Of lag On My Windows 10 Laptop Recently,It was working Just fine.But I Actually Don't Know What Happened!I Cleaned 15GB From My C: Download File! and Ran an Anti-Virus but Still None of Them Worked!I Also Tried this in The Command...
  6. lagging issue Window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lagging issue Window 10: I have multiple system in my firm with preinstall Window 10 Pro,from last 3 weeks i am facing lagging issue in my window 10 Pro (Version 1803 (Build 17134.829). most of the time windows got Hanged & i am not able to do anything ,so i hard reboot my system every time when i...
  7. Lagging issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging issues in Windows 10: My sister was using this laptop for a while when her dad bought it from work. Now, she let me have it because she doesn't need it that much. The laptop is decent, as far as performance goes, but the only problem with it is that Windows stutters every 1-5 seconds most of the...
  8. Witcher 3 slight lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Witcher 3 slight lag: Hello, guys. I have an acer aspire v17 nitro (gtx960m 2gb) and I was playing Witcher 3 on windows 7 with the same settings as I am playing it now on windows 10 but the game was so much smoother in windows 7 than it is on windows 10. I get micro stutters from time to time,...
  9. Start Menu Slight Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Slight Issue: Has anyone else had an issue with start menu where you search for a particular program that runs when you click it but the sidebar of the start menu stays open? It doesn't do it all the time but its a bit of a bug bare really. I've had a look online and similar issues seem to...
  10. Slight Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Slight Windows 10 issue: I upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 then did a clean install. In both instances I had and have a slight annoyance. When I open a program or window then open a second window within that window it appears underneath instead of on top. Does anyone have ideas? Thanks, 17483