Windows 10: Slightly OT: Cloud Backup Services

Discus and support Slightly OT: Cloud Backup Services in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi all, I am looking for a replacement for my CrashPlan Unlimited subscription since they are ceasing consumer backup services. I need to back up 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by muzicman82, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Slightly OT: Cloud Backup Services

Hi all,

I am looking for a replacement for my CrashPlan Unlimited subscription since they are ceasing consumer backup services. I need to back up 4 PCs.

So far, it seems that BackBlaze is the best or similarly priced option. Any one else have one picked out? I definitely want a service that offers unlimited storage.

:)

muzicman82, Nov 18, 2017
  2. MandyShaw Win User

Slightly OT, but are Windows Live Alerts working for the rest of you today?

They've been working perfectly since just before my second post above ... I do get alerts from the forum, but I'm sorry to say I cannot remember how I turned them on (if they weren't there by default). I get them from my Windows Live calendar as well.

I've had my Hotmail account, now transformed into a WLID, since 1998, don't know whether it's got some out of date configuration lurking.

MandyShaw, Nov 18, 2017
  3. Bruno A. Win User
    Slightly OT, but are Windows Live Alerts working for the rest of you today?

Hey MandyShaw,

There was no official note from the Windows Live Team considering a problem with Windows Live Alerts last days, are you still having some issue with that?

Thanks for posting.

Bruno A., Nov 18, 2017
  4. Slightly OT: Cloud Backup Services

I would second BackBlaze as a replacement service for CrashPlan. You should receive a discount from BackBlaze if you are a current CrashPlan member. The service has been nice, easy, and pleasant to use.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 18, 2017
Thema:

Slightly OT: Cloud Backup Services

1. Slightly OT: Cloud Backup Services - Similar Threads - Slightly Cloud Backup

2. Add a domain controller in the cloud as a backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a domain controller in the cloud as a backup: Hello Team,I hope you are doing well, I have a question regarding DC backup, we have implemented a veeam backup solution, and we have been asked to backup 2 DCs Primary and secondary but after googling a lot of people say that creating a backup for DCs is kind of a bad idea,...
  3. Add a domain controller in the cloud as a backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a domain controller in the cloud as a backup: Hello Team,I hope you are doing well, I have a question regarding DC backup, we have implemented a veeam backup solution, and we have been asked to backup 2 DCs Primary and secondary but after googling a lot of people say that creating a backup for DCs is kind of a bad idea,...
  4. Win10 Problems with Cloud Services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Problems with Cloud Services: I've tried iCloud, Dropbox, and Synology Drive on my Win10 PC. iCloud syncs flawlessly between my 3 Apple devices, but Win10 won't download new files. Dropbox works fine Synology Drive files stopped uploading from Win10 My Win10 rig is hardwired into the network,...
  5. CLOUD SERVICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CLOUD SERVICE: HOW CAN I REMOVE MYSELF FROM CLOUD SERVICE AND GET MY ACCOUNTS TO UPDATE THEMSELVES CORRECTLY ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-service/1828581d-1f93-4eed-b6eb-997376242bd1
  6. Which cloud backup if any?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which cloud backup if any?: Windows 10 1909 (build 18363.836) Hello folks. So I have a few external hard drives and regularly do file back ups and the occasional system image. More file backups. Just clean installed 1909 and set everything up and every time I do a clean install and faff about with...
  7. Backup for One Drive cloud account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup for One Drive cloud account: does microsoft provide backup to the One drive cloud accounts? If so, where is it stored? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-for-one-drive-cloud-account/4819381f-e581-44cd-8ce9-cc7fa8166c2a"
  8. Slightly OT: Dell Laptop Power On Error Message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slightly OT: Dell Laptop Power On Error Message: When powering on one of my Dell Inspiron-15-3565 laptop PC, I got the following error message: The AC adapter type cannot be determined. This will prevent optimalsystem performance. Strike the F3 key if you don't want to see power warning message again. Strike F1 key...
  9. recommendations for cloud backup and syncing -- OneDrive?

recommendations for cloud backup and syncing -- OneDrive?: I just got Windows 10. I've been using the cloud backup/folder syncing service Jungle Disk on Windows 7 for a while. I'm not very happy with Jungle Disk... no end of bugs and problems. Because Microsoft is pushing OneDrive so hard with Windows 10, I thought I would ask a...
  10. Anyone with experience in cloud backup?

Anyone with experience in cloud backup?: Which is the best cloud service where I can host gigabytes of data? The service should offer high security because, I need to backup my business database and related stuffs. I have tried Google drive but not satisfied with it. One of my friend is using Cloud Backup Disaster...