Windows 10: slow boot after latest W10 updates

Discus and support slow boot after latest W10 updates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This morning after windows installed these updates my startup time increased significantly. I've had fast startup enabled. It stays on the welcome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by usmc362, Aug 11, 2015.

1. usmc362 Win User

slow boot after latest W10 updates

This morning after windows installed these updates my startup time increased significantly. I've had fast startup enabled. It stays on the welcome screen for at least 10 seconds

:)

usmc362, Aug 11, 2015
  2. Postpeer Win User

Anniversary update and KBKB3176929 (when on slow insider ring) crashes my laptop

When trying to update my w10 pro to latest anniversary update my laptop (clevo P771DM/Intel 6700K/Geforce 970M ) shows a stop code screen when booting. It cannot boot the updated w10. After a system recovery to before the update the laptop works again. I
    postponed updates and will do for a week or so. Running 10586.494 at the moment

Also a few days ago same happened: after windows installed KB3176929 (i was still on the slow windows insider ring) this same stop code appeared.

I hope somebody knows the solution for this problem

Postpeer, Aug 11, 2015
  3. MrSwiftli Win User
    Windows is having a slow boot time ever since the Windows update, anyone else having this issue?

Does anyone else experience slow boot times after updating windows to the latest update? I have a hard drive, not a solid state.

MrSwiftli, Aug 11, 2015
  4. ram1220 Win User

My system did the same thing yesterday right after installing the updates. I rebooted again and my startup times dropped from over 5 minutes to just under 30 seconds. You might just need to reboot one or two times more.

ram1220, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

1. slow boot after latest W10 updates - Similar Threads - slow boot latest

2. W10 slow boot and poor performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 slow boot and poor performance: Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your time and dedication. Originally, my problem is stated in the title. I've been stuck with this for months. Recently I found this forum and tried to fix it for 264542th time (not kidding, just exaggerating) by following steps given...
  3. Windows 10 boot-times slow after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 boot-times slow after latest update: Hi All, Windows has been starting up really slow since latest update. Used to be 10-15 seconds, now 45 seconds to 1 minute. Last time I booted up, I even got asked for a password which I have disabled. My start-up items have not changed since I updated. These are the...
  4. Computer very slow and unresponsive with some tasks after latest W10 updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer very slow and unresponsive with some tasks after latest W10 updates.: My W10 computer has suddenly become very slow and unresponsive with some tasks after updating it with KB4565351 and KB4497165. Starting up Firefox goes without problems but installing a program, opening task manager, opening windows settings goes very slow. submitted by...
  5. No boot after W10 update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No boot after W10 update 1909: I have just attempted to update my spare computer to the latest window 10 update, now it fails to boot. There is power on and the disc and DVD drive leds light then it just stops there is no video so I can't boot into safe mode. All was working well until the update with no...
  6. W10 slow boot after visual C++ installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 slow boot after visual C++ installation: Hi, my NTB boots 10x longer after installation of Lightroom 6 program. During installation it also installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 10.0.40219 and 2012 11.0.61030 x64 and x86 Redistributable. There were already 2008, 2013 and 2015 versions installed. The Boot log is...
  7. Latest Update W10 Storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Update W10 Storage: For days now, I've been trying to purge 1.67 GB of Windows Update Cleanup files that keep showing up in my Temporay Files when I go to remove them. The system acts like it's going to purge them, but goes back to the Remove Files box and the 1.67 GB are still there. Is there...
  8. computer running slow after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer running slow after latest update: computer running slow after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow-after-latest-update/e53059ee-e6d1-42fe-b4de-eaba2c15aa56
  9. Failed booting after latest update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed booting after latest update.: I'm stuck, I downloaded a windows 10 ISO file and placed on a USB drive, I can access the option page but none of the trouble shooting solutions work. I would like to avoid reinstalling, wondering if someone with experience could walk me through some options. Thanks for your...
  10. W10 slow boot and icons load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 slow boot and icons load: Hi. I've upgraded my laptop from W8.1Pro to W10Pro. At first everything was fine, but now the boot is very slow with the icons taking ages to appear on the desktop and the taskbar. Any ideas please? I've removed almost all the automatic start up items, defragged and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow w10 startup after update