Windows 10: Slow Boot debugging advice

Discus and support Slow Boot debugging advice in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, since I've installed win10 I notice a Slow cold boot (restart) compared to my old win8.1. I'm talking of a fresh CLEAN installation, so no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PowerDrome, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Slow Boot debugging advice

Hello,
    since I've installed win10 I notice a Slow cold boot (restart) compared to my old win8.1.

I'm talking of a fresh CLEAN installation, so no bloatware printer drivers or other stuff.

I'm trying to debug the issue and recorded LOGS from my clean install boot, both with:

1. Process Monitor
    2. Windows Performance Recorder

If anyone could interpret them and could give me some help I will post the link.

Thanks a lot

:)

PowerDrome, Oct 22, 2015
  2. drmitch2 Win User

webcam not working after win 10 ans. update

your advice was wrong, did that, same problem, the fix was win latest update fixed the problem. to bad Microsoft doesn't keep a list of their problems. like, slow to boot,,, boot to sleep and others to many people are getting bad advice

drmitch2, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Black Screen after Windows 10 update, even in safe mode.

Well,

I must admit I am giving up on this.

Had to follow this other thread too, since it was very-very slow in any interaction with the remaining parts (Safe Booted, or Normal Booted, all the same):

laptop-super-slow

I cannot get my reasonable new (original Windows 8 x64 bit) laptop working.

/cheers and thanks for suggestions, but my life is too short for debugging...

Rosenberg-IT, Oct 22, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Slow Boot debugging advice

Hi PowerDrome,

Post the links and we'll try our best to provide the best help we can give *Smile

5. Hello axe0, thanks for support.

This is the link: https://goo.gl/c2Jaz7
    To a shared folder with 2 *.zip files.

1. Process Monitor Logs (clean install and actual system)
    2. Win Perf Recorder Logs (clean install and actual system)

If anybody can have a look and interpret the results, I have a strange slow boot even with clean install, a black screen after booting for 60 seconds, if i move the mouse, the cursor appears, and after i get the logon screen

Thanks for the help

PowerDrome, Nov 1, 2015
  6. Snakeyes Win User
    If you are concerned about a slow boot, the event viewer logs will provide far better information.
    Event Viewer/Applications and Services Logs/Microsoft/Windows/Diagnosis-Performance/Operational
    Expand event IDs 100 and 200 and post the results.

Snakeyes, Nov 1, 2015
  7. Hello snakeeyes, and thanks for your suggestion.

Here is the link to the file i saved fro event viewer filtered by IDs 100 and 200.

Could you give it a look, I cannot find any clue

https://.dseasy.nuvolaital...24c1a2b2e90a44

PowerDrome, Nov 2, 2015
  8. Snakeyes Win User

Unfortunately, I cannot read the download from your attachment. Can you post a JPEG?

Snakeyes, Nov 3, 2015
  9. Ok i uploaded the complete report you find it here:
    https://goo.gl/c2Jaz7

Bootlogs\eventviewer.zip

Thanks for the help

PowerDrome, Nov 3, 2015
  10. Snakeyes Win User
    Sorry. Same problem again. Is there any way you could post JPEG's on the forum post.

Snakeyes, Nov 3, 2015
  11. I have 56 events (different days...) with details, a screenshot will not include all the info,
    or maybe I don't understand what u need, can you post a jpeg yourself so i have idea?

what kind of error you get opening my file?

Try with this one, it inlcudes Boot_events.evtx + LocaleMetadata Folder, unzip both in same folder and retry
    https://.dseasy.nuvolaital...32fed3258f3c4e

What about the other logs? Process MOnitor and Windows recorder, they are very complete and gives also timeline and graphics of boot process,

anybody can interpret those?

Thanks

PowerDrome, Nov 4, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    I recommend you change your Boot event logs setup.
    You only see how long it is taking, but not what is causing it to take so much time
    How to Use Event Viewer to Find Your PCs Boot Time
    With this setup, I know that the PCI.sys driver took 38ms to load which is 12ms longer then expected, from 3 days ago.

I haven't checked yet the zips that are 100MB+ as they are still downloading.

13. Slow Boot debugging advice

I followed the link you suggested but it is the same as I already did, non more details on each drivers delay...
    It says to filter by "100" to get boot times, thats it:
    Code: Nome registro: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational Origine: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Data: 26/10/2015 16:53:41 ID evento: 100 Categoria attivit :Monitoraggio delle prestazioni di avvio Livello: Avviso Parole chiave: Registro eventi Utente: SERVIZIO LOCALE Computer: AsusN550JV Descrizione: Avvio di Windows: Durata avvio : 57016ms IsDegradation : false Ora intervento (UTC) : ‎2015‎-‎10‎-‎26T15:49:49.717820600Z XML evento: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance" Guid="{CFC18EC0-96B1-4EBA-961B-622CAEE05B0A}" /> <EventID>100</EventID> <Version>2</Version> <Level>3</Level> <Task>4002</Task> <Opcode>34</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000010000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-10-26T15:53:41.792114500Z" /> <EventRecordID>108</EventRecordID> <Correlation ActivityID="{F257D45E-1005-0002-ECD5-57F20510D101}" /> <Execution ProcessID="1864" ThreadID="2088" /> <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational</Channel> <Computer>AsusN550JV</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-19" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="BootTsVersion">2</Data> <Data Name="BootStartTime">2015-10-26T15:49:49.717820600Z</Data> <Data Name="BootEndTime">2015-10-26T15:53:39.830267200Z</Data> <Data Name="SystemBootInstance">29</Data> <Data Name="UserBootInstance">29</Data> <Data Name="BootTime">57016</Data> <Data Name="MainPathBootTime">30216</Data> <Data Name="BootKernelInitTime">49</Data> <Data Name="BootDriverInitTime">234</Data> <Data Name="BootDevicesInitTime">430</Data> <Data Name="BootPrefetchInitTime">0</Data> <Data Name="BootPrefetchBytes">0</Data> <Data Name="BootAutoChkTime">0</Data> <Data Name="BootSmssInitTime">8998</Data> <Data Name="BootCriticalServicesInitTime">21634</Data> <Data Name="BootUserProfileProcessingTime">1592</Data> <Data Name="BootMachineProfileProcessingTime">5915</Data> <Data Name="BootExplorerInitTime">9395</Data> <Data Name="BootNumStartupApps">4</Data> <Data Name="BootPostBootTime">26800</Data> <Data Name="BootIsRebootAfterInstall">false</Data> <Data Name="BootRootCauseStepImprovementBits">0</Data> <Data Name="BootRootCauseGradualImprovementBits">0</Data> <Data Name="BootRootCauseStepDegradationBits">0</Data> <Data Name="BootRootCauseGradualDegradationBits">0</Data> <Data Name="BootIsDegradation">false</Data> <Data Name="BootIsStepDegradation">false</Data> <Data Name="BootIsGradualDegradation">false</Data> <Data Name="BootImprovementDelta">0</Data> <Data Name="BootDegradationDelta">0</Data> <Data Name="BootIsRootCauseIdentified">false</Data> <Data Name="OSLoaderDuration">1658</Data> <Data Name="BootPNPInitStartTimeMS">49</Data> <Data Name="BootPNPInitDuration">1088</Data> <Data Name="OtherKernelInitDuration">2944</Data> <Data Name="SystemPNPInitStartTimeMS">4014</Data> <Data Name="SystemPNPInitDuration">140</Data> <Data Name="SessionInitStartTimeMS">4173</Data> <Data Name="Session0InitDuration">1335</Data> <Data Name="Session1InitDuration">2069</Data> <Data Name="SessionInitOtherDuration">5593</Data> <Data Name="WinLogonStartTimeMS">13172</Data> <Data Name="OtherLogonInitActivityDuration">141</Data> <Data Name="UserLogonWaitDuration">118728</Data> </EventData> </Event>[/quote] Or maybe I'm missing something... anyway the Logs from ProcMon and WPR shold give light better.

Thanks

PowerDrome, Nov 4, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    The logs from 100MB+ were corrupted when the download was finished.

15. PowerDrome, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Slow Boot debugging advice - Similar Threads - Slow Boot debugging

2. Advice Needed on Slow Running PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Advice Needed on Slow Running PC: Hello!I have basic knowledge of PCs and how they work, but I am far from an expert. I have had to reinstall Windows on my PC several times, and after this most recent time it seems to have done more harm than good. My computer is laggy and I can't run some games that it...
  3. Advice Needed on Slow Running PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advice Needed on Slow Running PC: Hello!I have basic knowledge of PCs and how they work, but I am far from an expert. I have had to reinstall Windows on my PC several times, and after this most recent time it seems to have done more harm than good. My computer is laggy and I can't run some games that it...
  4. Advice Needed on Slow Running PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slow boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot: Hello everyonePlease I need help, in windows 7, I know it's dated but the 'starting windows logo' part takes way longer after installing a lot of performance and sercuirty updates, welcome part is pretty fast but starting windows takes around 2 minutes, please help. Deleting...
  6. Slow boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot: Please, my booting very slow, what can i do to it to make boot faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-boot/31aa9b5a-44ac-4968-a391-e0753744d8d9
  7. Windows Explorer Slow. How to debug maybe?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Slow. How to debug maybe?: Hi, somehow this thread is exactly describing my issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/windows-10-file-explorer-opens-slow/d6f773f9-3d94-496b-897d-face8ff924af?auth=1 So basically my entire explorer.exe is lagging. It feels like...
  8. slow boot

slow boot: hello everyone, the build number of the system is 19042.546 ssd on the slot m2 is patriot viper vpn 100 1 TB i am sending the file from windows performance recorder it happens from the second start after a clean installation link here...
  9. Win10 Slow boot time. Help debug with Windows Performance Analyzer

Win10 Slow boot time. Help debug with Windows Performance Analyzer: My win10 has a long boot time -approx. 1 minute till boot main path ends. I am trying to figure out what causes this long boot delay. I also use Acronis boot manager. This is a pre boot sequence which happens before windows boot starts. The recording I refer to happened after...
  10. Win10 SLOW BOOT debugging

Win10 SLOW BOOT debugging: Hello, since I've installed win10 I notice a Slow cold boot (restart) compared to my old win8.1. I'm talking of a fresh CLEAN installation, so no bloatware printer drivers or other stuff. I'm trying to debug the issue and recorded LOGS from my clean install boot, both...