Windows 10: slow boot/shutdown/restart

Discus and support slow boot/shutdown/restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a lenovo ideapad z510 with a Sandisk Ultra II 120 GB as the main disk and a second 1TB HDD instead of the DVDwr, my problem is that it takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sharkezo, Feb 25, 2016.

1. sharkezo Win User

slow boot/shutdown/restart

I have a lenovo ideapad z510 with a Sandisk Ultra II 120 GB as the main disk and a second 1TB HDD instead of the DVDwr,

my problem is that it takes ~ 25-30 seconds to boot/shutdown/restart according to Event Viewer, and considering the Ultra II specs that's a lot, it supposed to be in the range of 10-15 ( and randomly i get that without no interference from my side!) , i know that's not a huge difference but i want my money worth *Biggrin

1-I've checked Event viewer and usually there are no applications causing the delays except a couple of times
    Screenshot

2-the ssd works perfectly after booting
    Screenshot

------------------

I've tested without the second HDD to no avail,

please advise ?

:)

sharkezo, Feb 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 extremely slow to boot up

Windows 10, very slow Boot, error message needs restart at times. Sleep cycle acts like shutdown. Mostly no Video on most sites and can not play see Trailers in VUDU. Please help.

robertdebalso, Feb 25, 2016
  3. [Solved] Windows 10 Anniversary build 1607 + Storage Spaces = really slow boot time

I am also having the same issue. I have the anniversary update and storage spaces.

1 main 500gb ssd for Windows

3 2tb drives in raid 5 storage spaces

It boots, then does nothing for 30 seconds, then finally finishes booting.

If I shutdown, it boots normal. If I restart it slows.

BradDausman, Feb 25, 2016
Thema:

slow boot/shutdown/restart

1. slow boot/shutdown/restart - Similar Threads - slow boot shutdown

2. Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart: Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-11-slow-to-shutdown-and-restart/ba71a796-5acf-45e1-accc-da6317471ece
  3. laptop restart and shutdown slow process

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop restart and shutdown slow process: its taking lot of time for shutting down and restarting my laptop, screen gets off and still power button is showing on . almost it takes 1-2 minutes to shut down and restart...
  4. windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown: new win 10 in new del laptop. ver 1809, start after shutdown : 1 min 52 sec restart : more than 2 minutes. how reduce this time ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-restart-slow-start-after-shutdown/44277b0f-bbe8-4c5a-8a95-45c205c50e2e
  5. slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown

slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  6. Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  7. Fast boot, slow restart

Fast boot, slow restart: Hi, I'm a bit confused: Everytime I power on the computer, it takes about 15 seconds for my Windows 10 to load, that is, from the moment the logo appears on the screen, until the wallpaper shows. However, when i restart, it takes more time to load (about 1 min and 10...
  8. Slow shutdown and restart

Slow shutdown and restart: I have recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. However, during a shutdown or restart, it takes 2-3 minutes for my computer to perform a fore mentioned. I get the "Shutting Down" or "Restarting" message for an age followed by a "cannot shutdown due to the following apps"...
  9. Slow restart and boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow restart and boot: Hello guys...Any solution about slow restart and boot ? 63858
  10. Slow boot & shutdown time

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot & shutdown time: 10 doesn't seem to be booting very nicely. What I mean is that it seems to be having a difficult time initilizing my SSD, so upon boot I get a blank black screen for anywhere from 60-180 seconds, where the primary drive activity LED is inactive, before it actually boots. This...