Windows 10: Slow boot time after AU update

Discus and support Slow boot time after AU update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am using an NVME drive and used to get a 10 second boot time, but after the AU update its nearly 50 seconds. I haven't added any more programs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MattyNinja, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Slow boot time after AU update

I am using an NVME drive and used to get a 10 second boot time, but after the AU update its nearly 50 seconds. I haven't added any more programs to startup, so why is this happening. Would like to know if there is a fix. Thanks

:)

MattyNinja, Aug 27, 2016

2. problem update to Windows 10 anniversary install problems 32 % frozen

Yes I have been running insider builds from the slow ring for some time but have not encountered this type of update failure. Previously updated only a week before the AU. (Not sure why I did that only a week from AU.) Currently rolled back to OS Build 10586.494.

I did manage to install AU once but it kept locking up after about 15 to 30 minutes. Mouse pointer was active but nothing else. Again rolled back the update to OS Build 10586.494.

Regards Kevin.

KevinEssery, Aug 27, 2016
  3. problem after W10 AU update

How can I solve the problem of PC booting slowly after AU update

TerenceDronsfield, Aug 27, 2016
Thema:

Slow boot time after AU update

1. Slow boot time after AU update - Similar Threads - Slow boot update

2. Slow boot time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot time: Recently everytime I have booted up my asus laptop, the normal asus screen comes up and then the screen goes black as it should then it stays black for some time and if you move your mouse the cursor appears on the black screen and after some time the cursor icon turns to...
  3. Windows 10 boot-times slow after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 boot-times slow after latest update: Hi All, Windows has been starting up really slow since latest update. Used to be 10-15 seconds, now 45 seconds to 1 minute. Last time I booted up, I even got asked for a password which I have disabled. My start-up items have not changed since I updated. These are the...
  4. Slow boot time

Slow boot time: submitted by /u/Verix- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iid2sx/slow_boot_time/
  5. Slow boot time to OS

Slow boot time to OS: As the title suggests, the load time of OS is extremely long(spinning white dots i believe), about 15-25 seconds. Which makes my boot-up time from button pressed to windows screen 50~ seconds Windows is installed on SSD, and i have another HDD connected. Troubleshooting:...
  6. slow boot after 1903 update

slow boot after 1903 update: Hello, I have a laptop with SSD and HDD. SSD is used as a system disk and HDD is for storage. Recently I updated my Windows 10 Home 1703 version directly to 1903 version and the update installed some files on my HDD instead of SSD. The problem that occurs now is a slow boot...
  7. Slow Boot time

Slow Boot time: Downloaded BootRacer as my Boot time was extremely slow. Over the past few days the Boot times have changed from around 49.578 secs to 329.593 secs despite cleaning C drive of Temp files, Disk cleaning, emptied recycle bin. Every time I try to make PC run faster, it has...
  8. bsod after au updates

bsod after au updates: hi i cannot send dm_log-collector because of windows error [invalid file]. since the au updates this computer has been a problem. i would like you to see this file. is there another way? thank you 68783
  9. Windows AU Update causing boot loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows AU Update causing boot loop: Hi All, Having an issue updating a laptop. this is a laptop loaded with a custom image which i deploy via SCCM. The image is currently on build 1511, so the update im doing is from 1511 to 1607. The way im updating, is using the Windows 10 update tool:...
  10. Slow boot & shutdown time

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot & shutdown time: 10 doesn't seem to be booting very nicely. What I mean is that it seems to be having a difficult time initilizing my SSD, so upon boot I get a blank black screen for anywhere from 60-180 seconds, where the primary drive activity LED is inactive, before it actually boots. This...