Windows 10: slow boot with black screen halt one minutes

Discus and support slow boot with black screen halt one minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i have a laptop with 1 gb graphics card of amd and recently i have installed windows 10 pro. when i boot the pc then windows logo comes and a circle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by windowzsmile, Aug 28, 2015.

1. slow boot with black screen halt one minutes

i have a laptop with 1 gb graphics card of amd and recently i have installed windows 10 pro. when i boot the pc then windows logo comes and a circle revolves for few seconds( which is general) but after that a black screen comes for almost one minute with no response and then only windows lock screen appears . which is very annoying when i have to do some thing fast. i miss windows 8 booting time but when i switched to 10 i face this problem eventhough i have reinstalled win 10 several times. so please help me experts fren
    thanks all

:)

windowzsmile, Aug 28, 2015
  2. jsim02 Win User

Windows 10 slow boot

Seven out of ten of my devices, Windows 10 boots slow and runs slow first few minutes after logging in. On one desktop, after turning on... Screen goes black, i have to unplug it then retry. It will boot just fine from USB or Disc. Solid state harddrives
    in all devices.

jsim02, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Black screen with only mouse cursor at startup after windows 10 installation.

I have a Dell xps. I updated from win 7 to win 10. My laptop boots up but the black screen with the cursor stays for about a minute or two. The total boot time is about 3 minutes. Why is the boot so slow?

Pritesh Jain, Aug 28, 2015
  4. moondoggy Win User

slow boot with black screen halt one minutes

Had the same problem on my PC but it was only a 16 second delay which is still too long. Not to say this will fix your issue as could be a corrupt video driver or a driver that's not compatible with Windows 10 but.......

While trying to fix another issue I was having with my PC I downloaded Windows Repair found at www.tweaking.com and ran each of the steps in the program two times in safe mode as recommended by the author and afterwards my black screen only lasts about 1/2 a second. Since a Microsoft Tech used this on my PC I've recommended it to many other people. Sometimes it resolves your issue and sometimes it doesn't but I have not heard of anyone that's had a problem running it. Since it's free I would give it a go and see what happens.

moondoggy, Aug 30, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    How many times have you booted your laptop when windows 10 was installed?
    In the begin everything needs to load, including the drivers for the screen which might take a while.

Have you checked for GPU driver updates from your manufacturer?

6. Gary Win User
    I removed all of my old games and the Redistribute VS that came with them. Now my PC runs better and boots quicker. I still have a black screen but it is not as long.

7. moondoggy Win User
    My problem started as soon as Windows 10 was installed and was consistent up until the time I ran Windows Repair. Since my card is old and hasn't had a new driver issued in 3 years there was no alternative for me if the driver was not compatible with Windows 10. I was going to buy a new card just to get compatible but Windows Repair fixed something and since the black screen is less than a second in duration, I'm going to stick with what I have because the card works just fine once you get past the black screen.

moondoggy, Aug 30, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Good luck with the card, hope it stays this way.
    By the way please fill in your system specs, this helps others to help you betterPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

slow boot with black screen halt one minutes [​IMG]

slow boot with black screen halt one minutes [​IMG]

axe0, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. slow boot with black screen halt one minutes - Similar Threads - slow boot black

2. 1 Slow Boot-up & 2 momentary black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1 Slow Boot-up & 2 momentary black screen: 1 Slow Boot-up & 2 system flashes randomly to black screen, 2-3 seconds, then flashed back to where I was with no data loss. I have tried resetting Bios and clearing cashe memory. Any Ideas?...
  3. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates: I have the same problem as the below posting. I have tried a bunch of things to remedy this issue, but really nothing works. "Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates"...
  4. 'Fancy' parts of the Windows are not working, with 5-minute black screens on boot

'Fancy' parts of the Windows are not working, with 5-minute black screens on boot: - Symptoms: 1. 3-5 minutes black screens with only cursor visible a. after BIOS, before log-in screen b. after log-in screen, before the desktop shows up 2. 'Fancy part' of the Windows not working - Conditions a. after running the computer long enough I guess 6< hours b....
  5. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates: After the recent automatic updates that took place yesterday, every time I turn on the computer it takes about five minutes to boot up. The Windows logo shows up after the manufacturer screen, along with a few seconds of spinning dots. Then it goes to a black screen which...
  6. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates: After the recent automatic updates that took place yesterday, every time I turn on the computer it takes about five minutes to boot up. The Windows logo shows up after the manufacturer screen, along with a few seconds of spinning dots. Then it goes to a black screen which...
  7. Slow bootup black screen for minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow bootup black screen for minutes: Hi there, i have an Asus Zenbook with an I5 processor and 6gb ram that came with win8. I have upgraded to Win10 and now it boots very slow, it takes a few minutes now to get to the asus logo and then it goes in to win 10 login. I thought the old hdd was the problem so i...
  8. Black screen for minutes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen for minutes?: Hello I have a very annoying issue. My system is taking forever to get to the lock in screen, I have black screen for a very long time! My security is: Bitdefender Total Security+Heimdal(Thor)Pro & Voodoo-Shield Pro. My Maintance Programs: WiseCare 365 Pro+Ccleaner Pro Plus....
  9. 1 minute black screen delay with hp g6 notebook boot

1 minute black screen delay with hp g6 notebook boot: I have been trying to resolve this issue for some 18 months. I have a HP Pavilion G6 Notebook AMD Processor, inbuilt Radeon HD 7200 graphics card. The problem is that when booting, after the win 10 logo appears and the circular dots are rotating, the system presents a black...
  10. Boot up getting very slow, strange black screen

Boot up getting very slow, strange black screen: My 4 week old new machine started off very fast boot and now keeps getting slower and slower. My 1Tb drive is only 2% occupied, barely filled On start up, after bios post screen, I now get a black screen with white horizontal cursors dancing around on it. After that stops...