Windows 10: slow bootup/latency/boot screen corrupting fix

Discus and support slow bootup/latency/boot screen corrupting fix in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; **dont hold me responsible it this renders your system unbootable, if it does, this same site has the information to fix it** people with intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dskiller, Oct 22, 2015.

1. dskiller Win User

slow bootup/latency/boot screen corrupting fix

**dont hold me responsible it this renders your system unbootable, if it does, this same site has the information to fix it**

people with intel achi drivers, might want to try without the drivers.

I was some others had the same issue

when booting the system. the spinning circle would show normal.
    but then when the display drivers kick in and reset the display. the spinning circle would come back and was corrupted and going from the left side to the right side of the screen.

I fixed it.

but it was random because I wasnt trying to fix it.

I have been having latency issues with storport.sys,
    I was trying to fix that, and I uninstalled the achi and told device manager to delete the files. rebooted . and went into safemode just to be sure system would boot. and it did.

so I rebooted and window 10 started booting

got greeted by the normal spinning logo. display reset, lockscreen.

eh what....

system now boots twice as fast. and the above problem was fix as well.

only thing is this is only running microsoft standard achi driver.

:)

dskiller, Oct 22, 2015
  2. Ruz San Win User

lockscreen taking time to open Sign-in dialog to enter pin

No problems will arise since Windows will recreate the necessary bootup files in the folder mentioned. The purpose of the recommendation is to delete the existing files that may be corrupted which lead to a slow bootup. It will take some time to get into
    your user account after you initially restart the PC once you have deleted the contents of the Prefetch folder, but the succeeding times shall be faster.

Update us about the outcome.

Ruz San, Oct 22, 2015
  3. ToCa81 Win User
    Audio stuttering caused by high latency in Windows 10.

I completely reset my system and booted to my Windows 7 disc. Checked DPC Latency Checker as as soon as the system booted and it was good. So I started the upgrade to Windows 10. It got stuck at 99% for over 2 hours, so I let it sit overnight. Woke up
    this morning and my computer was still on, but I had no signal. Had to force reset it, at which point Windows 10 booted up. As soon as it was ready I checked DPC Latency Checker again and the problem was back. So I did an sfc /scannow and again Windows Resource
    Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. So I ran another dism restorehealth and that seemed to repair them. Ran another scan and found no integrity violations. The latency problem is still there, but I will attempt to update all
    drivers now and report back with results.

ToCa81, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

slow bootup/latency/boot screen corrupting fix

1. slow bootup/latency/boot screen corrupting fix - Similar Threads - slow bootup latency

2. Win10 Slow bootup 155secord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Slow bootup 155secord: Hi everyone, I am having 2 sets of Intel NUC10, both are installed with WIN 10 Home. All BIOS and drivers are correctly installed and they are the latest from Intel. All windows updates are installed without issue. But my boot up is very slow, both are the same, which...
  3. Drivers latency fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drivers latency fix?: Hi. Maybe questions like this already been on this forums, but I didn't found any solution. This on Windows 10 or drivers? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-latency-fix/eb96983e-a92e-4a9c-b04f-836cc1261446
  4. Windows 10 Slow BootUp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Slow BootUp: Hello everyone and thank you for the time you putting in to answer, I have recently installed a new windows 10 enterprise 64bit its latest version from Microsoft website i think build 2004 , and before that i had Windows 10 enterprise 64bit version 10.0.10586 build 10586...
  5. Bootup Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootup Screen: when i turn on my PC, the BIOS screen first appears then after it loads it goes to the Windows login screen. please help submitted by /u/eekane [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfqykq/bootup_screen/
  6. slow bootup; win10

slow bootup; win10: Have been searching for KB articles regarding fixing slow boot up times, but I have not found any. Anyone know of documented steps to take to clean-things-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-bootup-win10/e8018bdf-f65a-4324-b105-a74429c14055
  7. DPC latency fixes?

DPC latency fixes?: Over the last 3 weeks or so I've been having audio cracking and a sort of lag on screen for about a second or so, and this occurs every couple of minutes or so, is there any fixes to this issue? I've run LatencyMon and here's my results....
  8. How Fix Windows 10 Slow Startup/Slow Bootup And Restart Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Fix Windows 10 Slow Startup/Slow Bootup And Restart Issue: Fix Windows 10 Slow Startup/Slow Bootup AndRestart Issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-fix-windows-10-slow-startupslow-bootup-and/f71c1269-642c-4247-b821-b1047a3a1e55
  9. Slow bootup black screen for minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow bootup black screen for minutes: Hi there, i have an Asus Zenbook with an I5 processor and 6gb ram that came with win8. I have upgraded to Win10 and now it boots very slow, it takes a few minutes now to get to the asus logo and then it goes in to win 10 login. I thought the old hdd was the problem so i...
  10. Slow Bootup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Bootup.: After installing the most recent Windows, my Toshiba Satellite is taking any where from 20 - 45 Minute to boot up. I have reduced the programs that start when the computer is turned on. Still no change....