Windows 10: Slow burn speeds

Discus and support Slow burn speeds in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was having slow burn speeds and noticed that under recording in my BD properties it was set to use my SSD (I use it for OS boot only so it is only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by williamb, Nov 16, 2017.

1. williamb Win User

Slow burn speeds

I was having slow burn speeds and noticed that under recording in my BD properties it was set to use my SSD (I use it for OS boot only so it is only 60GB). I switched to using my data drive (1TB) and my transfer speeds jumped to over twice the speed. I did the last Windows update and now it switched back to my boot drive and will not let me change it back to my data drive. Slow once more. I burn large files so I need the extra room on the data drive. I have another question about my display adapter file size but it I guess it should ask it elsewhere It about 10GB! I will post a screenshot any way and give more info later. Thanks.

:)

williamb, Nov 16, 2017

2. Not able to Burn Audio Disc

Try reducing the burn speed to lowest.

Launch Windows Media Player

Click Alt on your keyboard

Click Tools > Options > Burn tab

Under General, click the Burn speed list box then choose Slow

Click Apply and OK

Close and relaunch Media Player then try burning the audio disc again.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 16, 2017
  3. Getting error message that my blank disc is the wrong speed for burning a CD

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Does this issue occur with particular CD/DVD?

2) Did you check with different DVD?

I suggest you to set the Burning speed to slow and check if it helps.

1) Open Windows media player.

2) Click on Organize and select options.

3) Now click on Burn tab.

4) Select the burn speed as slow/medium and check if it helps.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 16, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Slow burn speeds

I don't use the Windows burning functions, I use Nero. Imgburn is a popular free burning program. Maybe you need to use a 3rd party burning program to have more control over what options you want.

The Official ImgBurn Website

fireberd, Nov 16, 2017
  5. williamb Win User
    Without using a third party program, how do i change the temp burn file from my boot drive to my data drive. Refer to screenshot in first post. I did try Imageburn and it gave a problem that i haven't fixed yet. Now I have two problems instead of one. I fixed the DriverStore problem.

williamb, Nov 16, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    Please explain this. I don't understand what you mean by "temp burn file".

As far as I know....temp files are part of the C drive and are not meant to be moved but cleaned or deleted.

Plankton, Nov 16, 2017
  7. williamb Win User
    When you burn a file a location is used in between the two devices as a temp location. When burning to BD/DVD you can go under properties
    of the BD/DVD and chose which location is used under the recording tab. My data drive is listed but it will not let me choose it. It states that it can not be used. I have used it before but after the last Windows 10 update I can not select my data drive without an error message stating that it can not be used. It worked before, so I do not want to use a third party program. Screenshots will show the error message. Ignore the DataDriver, I fixed that.

williamb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Slow burn speeds

1. Slow burn speeds - Similar Threads - Slow burn speeds

2. Slow Download Speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Download Speeds: For around a month now when I download things it's been less than 3mb per second and when I check my download speeds it says 200mb per second I'm not sure if it's my computer or Windows 10 I've tried so many tutorials but nothing is working it used to be normal please help....
  3. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  4. Slow download speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow download speed: I have been trying to download this game for a while now on the box app for PC and it never goes higher than about 10-20 MB/S as you can see my internet speed is fairly quick. Just wondering if anyone can help, please?...
  5. Download speeds slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds slow: My internet speed is pretty fast, web searches are quick and website open almost instantly, YouTube works fine on high resolution. But when I am downloading any file to my laptop, the download speed is very, very slow. It could be a temporary issue with the wi-fi, but...
  6. slow upload speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow upload speed: Have 3 computers on network. 2 have good upload of 2KB the other has upload of 0.1. Any suggestion to improve the upload by alteration of settings or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/9d1163f2-f95f-4cb1-85f5-5387127f331a
  7. Can't change burn speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change burn speed: i want to burn CD-RW i put some .docx and .ppt but i can't change the recording speed and if just press next it will give me this error Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 19535.rs_prerelease.191211-1446 I wonder what is the actual issue here the...
  8. DVD burn speed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD burn speed.: I bought an ASUS 16x 3.0 external Blu Ray player/burner. The issue I am having is that Windows 10 built in burner does not indicate the speed that the burner is running at. I also tried Nero, but that also does not indicate speed. Does anyone know of an app that does show...
  9. Slow speed of internet

Slow speed of internet: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-speed-of-internet/e2ad41f0-f2f1-4bc8-b564-75963e4c272a
  10. Ethernet Speeds Slow!

Ethernet Speeds Slow!: Alright, my router is in my living room, my windows 10 computer is connected to the internet via ethernet. After connecting it it from my living room, all the way to my room down a very long hallway, a kitchen and then my room, the connection was terrible. My ping was 183 ms,...