Windows 10: Slow domain logon on remote sites with slow connection/bandwidth

Discus and support Slow domain logon on remote sites with slow connection/bandwidth in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, we are coping with slow domain logon times on our Windows 10 clients. At our local site, where the domain controller are placed, there are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ollivetti, Aug 22, 2018.

1. ollivetti Win User

Slow domain logon on remote sites with slow connection/bandwidth

Hello,

we are coping with slow domain logon times on our Windows 10 clients. At our local site, where the domain controller are placed, there are no problems. The slow logon time only occurs at remote sites with a low bandwidth, and it's not only the "first" login to the system. Our Windows 7 clients do not seem to have this problem.

It is a quite simple setup:

- no logon scripts

- no printers connected during logon

+ quite a lot of gpo's are configured to restrict the system

Hope someone has advice for me where. Many thank's in advance!

Regards

:)

ollivetti, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Ravenas Win User

Internet Bandwidth Slow....

I just recently moved into my new apartment and my bandwidth seems to have slowed down to what seems like a DSL connection (It was my understanding that it would be faster, this complex has T1.)

I hope it is a port problem but can anyone help me or give me tips on how to increase bandwidth please? I don't want to accept the fact that since everyone is sharing this connection it is slow... *Twitch :twitch:

Ravenas, Aug 22, 2018
  3. bro67 Win User
    Remote Desktop Slow To Connect

Are you connecting on your network or through a remote connection? iOS is not meant to use RDP. You can use VNC or Team Viewer, but it will still be slow if you do not have a really fast Wifi network, along with the fact that rendering the GUI from Windows through a remote connection is going to make it slow as molasses in Winter in the Northern edge of Montana at Canada.

bro67, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Slow domain logon on remote sites with slow connection/bandwidth

Windows 10 slow down my bandwidth !

Hi Ramzi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issues with the slow bandwidth after the installing Windows 10. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• What is the make and model of the Computer?

• Are you using Wireless connection?

• Did you install any third party Security application?
    Please reply to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Slow domain logon on remote sites with slow connection/bandwidth

1. Slow domain logon on remote sites with slow connection/bandwidth - Similar Threads - Slow domain logon

2. Slow internet bandwidth on a specific device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet bandwidth on a specific device: Hi there,I open this thread because something strange happens to one of my Windows device.Indeed, on my Windows 10 64 bits machine equiped by an Intel AX210 Wi-Fi card, my bandwidth is around 5-10 mbps when my phone and my laptop are respectively 100 mbps and 250 mbps in the...
  3. Slow internet bandwidth on a specific device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet bandwidth on a specific device: Hi there,I open this thread because something strange happens to one of my Windows device.Indeed, on my Windows 10 64 bits machine equiped by an Intel AX210 Wi-Fi card, my bandwidth is around 5-10 mbps when my phone and my laptop are respectively 100 mbps and 250 mbps in the...
  4. Slow Windows Logon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Windows Logon: Hello, So I have been trying to figure out as to why it takes 10+ minutes from the time of entering my password, to the time I get to my desktop. Event viewer doesn't give any useful information as the only error is a DCOM connection timeout. I have made a second admin...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection is slow and unresponsive

Remote Desktop Connection is slow and unresponsive: When using RDC to remote into W10 Pro latest build and fully updated from W10 Ent latest build and fully updated, the connection is extremely slow or completely unresponsive. I can remote into Server 2012 from the W10 Ent machine without an issue and I can remote into the...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection is slow

Remote Desktop Connection is slow: Dear Community I have a new Microsoft Surface X Pro with a Windows 10ARM OS. Furthermore, for a secure VPN, I use CISCO AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 32bit since the 64bit version is not working with Windows 10ARM.Unfortunately, I experienced a slow connection to my...
  7. Remote Desktop Connection Very Slow

Remote Desktop Connection Very Slow: I have a Dell Windows 10 Pro pc and a HP Windows 10 Pro pc, which I access remotley using Remote Desktop Connection on a Dell Windows 10 Home Laptop. The remote connection to both pcs were working great until yesterday. Now the connection to the HP pc using the Dell laptop is...
  8. Remote Desktop Slow To Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Slow To Connect: Running a windows 10 computer.Running headless controling with I Pad Air with Remote Desktop.On start up Remote Desktop takes a extremely long time to connect.Any way to speed up connection ?Thanks 66857
  9. Slow logon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow logon: My Win 10 installation boots fine and fast, but once I've entered my password it sits there for another 10 seconds - longer than the boot - before the desktop arrives, which is really annoying. Is that the way it is, or is there anything I could try to change it? 22131
  10. Slow Logon Times with Domain Account

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Logon Times with Domain Account: Hi all, I use my work laptop as my personal machine. When I logon away from the domain it takes about 3 minutes of the verbose message "waiting for user profile service" before it will show the desktop. Any ideas how to change the time out period for how long it waits to...