Windows 10: Slow download last 4 days but upload still OK

Discus and support Slow download last 4 days but upload still OK in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Download speed on my computer has dropped from around 35 Mbps to a steady 6 Mbps over the last 4 days. Upload is still around 19 Mbps. Other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BruceFurze, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Slow download last 4 days but upload still OK

Download speed on my computer has dropped from around 35 Mbps to a steady 6 Mbps over the last 4 days. Upload is still around 19 Mbps. Other computers and android devices using the same wifi connection are still running at 35 Mbps download and 19 Mbps upload. Is a recent Windows update on my computer a possible cause? I've run a complete virus and malware scan with no adverse findings. Anyone got any (simple) advice/solution? Thanks

:)

BruceFurze, Jul 19, 2018
  2. ARTOSOFT Win User

Program to upload or download bios from VGA card.

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me working application to upload or download bios from my VGA card? I am thinking to edit bios with Rabit.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Arto.

ARTOSOFT, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Vic-20_64 Win User
    Download & Upload question

Thnx alot Greg Carmack, i did the steps and @step 7 my problem of loosing upload speed (i must have 4 Mbit and had 0.2 Mbit) seems to be solved. Man for weeks i was struggling and now that those programs removed the antivirus free prgs, i have my 4 Mbit
    again.

I am no expert but it was like my download stayed ok but some threads stole over the 3 Mbit upload.

Ok thx alot again man, my pc is going 40 Mbit download and 4 Mbit upload again, i still cannot believe those 2 prgs in step 7 did solve my problem so good and fast.

Now im having Win 10, Windows Defender and if needed Mbam & Adwcleaner stand by, but to be honest i am cured in trying free antivir software.

For this year i will upgrade the programs you advised in step 7, just because i am so thankfull they did the Job i could not.

Greetings from an old computerfan, yep the Vic-20 was my first computer. (plz forget the gramar i do not use spelling software)

Vic-20_64, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Slow download last 4 days but upload still OK

Very slow to load Downloads folder in Windows 10

The steps outlined at How to Fix a Slow-Opening Windows Downloads Folder helped me.

1. Open File Explorer. You can get there by hitting Windows Key + E or clicking on the explorer icon in your taskbar.

2. Right click on the Downloads shortcut in the
    window pane and select Properties.

3. Navigate to the Customize tab.

4. Select "General items" from the "Optimize this folder for:" list.

5. Click Ok.​

MarineGeek23, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Slow download last 4 days but upload still OK

1. Slow download last 4 days but upload still OK - Similar Threads - Slow download last

2. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  3. Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.: Hi,I have noticed that this problem has been discussed in the past. Unfortunately, I could not find any solution, so here I am.As per the title, my Win10, with the latest updates applied, shows a slow download speed on the ethernet interface, 1/10th of the actual possible...
  4. slow download and upload speedsethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow download and upload speedsethernet cable.: so my parent bought 5G verizon internet gateway and i have it hooked up to my pc with a ethernet cable and yet somehow my download speed is only going up to 2 mbps. ive tried everything, new cable, fixed all my settings for my router on the verizon app and yet i can get high...
  5. slow download and upload speedsethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow download and upload speedsethernet cable.: so my parent bought 5G verizon internet gateway and i have it hooked up to my pc with a ethernet cable and yet somehow my download speed is only going up to 2 mbps. ive tried everything, new cable, fixed all my settings for my router on the verizon app and yet i can get high...
  6. Forza Horizon 4 slow download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 slow download: I decided to install FH4 on my laptop, when I try to download the game the speed is 1Gb / s until it reaches 3Gb, and then it goes down to ~ 4Mb / s and sometimes it goes up to 10Mb / s. Is this really the only way I can download Forza? Or is there a way to speed up the...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 slow download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forza Horizon 4 slow download: I decided to install FH4 on my laptop, when I try to download the game the speed is 1Gb / s until it reaches 3Gb, and then it goes down to ~ 4Mb / s and sometimes it goes up to 10Mb / s. Is this really the only way I can download Forza? Or is there a way to speed up the...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 slow download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 slow download: I'm currently far away from home and I decided to install FH4 on my laptop. The college where I'm studying lets the students use ethernet speedtest shows 400 mb/s for download and 700 mb/s for upload. However, when I try to download the game, the speed is 1Gb/s until it...
  9. Is 4 gb ram still ok with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is 4 gb ram still ok with Windows 10: Hi, my father’s pc has i5-3317U and 4 gb ram and Windows 7 64 bit installed. I want to upgrade this to windows 10 but i am not sure this memory is compatible with windows 10? Thanks. submitted by /u/scarofishbal [link] [comments]...
  10. Slow Copy/Cut last few days

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow Copy/Cut last few days: Copy/Cut/Paste has become very slow past few days 523 mb taking over an hour,currently stuck at 25% for past 30 mins. Small files get to 90% after quite a while,then sticks indefinaatejy, Urgent hep needed please Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1903, 18362.1016) 163642