Windows 10: Slow file transfer from camera (Contour GPS)

Discus and support Slow file transfer from camera (Contour GPS) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since updating to Windows 10 I've been having intermittent problems with accessing and transferring files from my Contour GPS camera. When I plug the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ozziereturnz, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Slow file transfer from camera (Contour GPS)

Since updating to Windows 10 I've been having intermittent problems with accessing and transferring files from my Contour GPS camera. When I plug the camera in Windows Explorer will not automatically open (which I have set it to do). Navigating to it manually I find it often takes minutes at a time to navigate through it's directories.

When copying files off it, the transfer will run at 355kb/s, which is ridiculous to say the least. Prior to upgrading it would behave "normally", that is to say navigating was fine, and transfers were quick. I should also mention that this does not always happen, but usually does. Until today I could just restart Windows and then it would behave like normal.

Unfortunately, today I have already reset my computer half a dozen times and it is still behaving in this unacceptably slow manner. I tried updating the drivers for it, but Windows claims they are up to date. I'm at my wits end with this issue, and it is driving me insane not being able to view / transfer files properly. I have to leave my PC on overnight just to transfer a single video from it.

Let me know if there's any additional information I can provide to help get this issue resolved.

:)

ozziereturnz, Aug 20, 2015
  2. heineoen Win User

Nokia N86 8MP V30.009 FW experiences

I have very slow gps lock on the 30.009

My batterylife sucks on the latest firmware!

Camera lens dosen't alway open.

Very slow rotation.

heineoen, Aug 20, 2015
  3. TerryQ2 Win User
    ShuttleXpress stops communicating with Video Editing Software after Windows 10 update

First, I have not solved my problem, however, I've also not heard of anyone else with the problem, so it probably has something to do with my computer's configuration. I also found that the same problem exists on my computer with a different piece of software,
    unrelated to Cyberlink Power Director. So that sort of points it toward Contour, but so far no luck solving it there, but I've not given up.

As for having preference files for Cyberlink PowerDirector, while investigating my problem above, I put a trial version of PowerDirector 15 on my laptop, and installed Contour Shuttle software there. I installed v2.12.1, which is not the latest version,
    but it is the latest version that allows you to repair the software without uninstalling it. As you said, that version did not have set of preferences files for Power Director.

This link at Contour's forum lists all of the preference files that Contour has somewhere, and it includes PowerDirector v 9, which while older, will still work. I didn't dig down to find out where they keep it.

ContourDesign Shuttle Forum • View topic - Complete settings list

tq

TerryQ2, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

Slow file transfer from camera (Contour GPS)

1. Slow file transfer from camera (Contour GPS) - Similar Threads - Slow file transfer

2. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely slow file transfers internrally: I'm using my old 4 years old gaming gig as a Plex server. I ran out of room on the array I had set up with three 8TB drives and purchased two new 18 TB drives. I've tried to copy the files over to the larger drives and have attempted this to both drives. They are each set up...
  3. Extremely slow transfer and viewing file details of Nikon Z6 II camera files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow transfer and viewing file details of Nikon Z6 II camera files: I recently got a Nikon Z6 II camera and the image files it produces NEF files seem to be creating serious issues with Windows.When I copy them from an SD card they transfer extremely slowly ~30 MB/s. Other image files from the same SD card and card reader tansfer at 80 - 90...
  4. file transfer dramatically slow

file transfer dramatically slow: I have an issue with slow file transfer windows 10. I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings. I have one application and: 1. If launched from local drive works perfect 2. If launched from mapped drive same folder on the same hdd works very slow 3. If...
  5. Slow file transfer

Slow file transfer: I have an issue with slow file transfer (windows 10). I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings. I have one application and: 1.If launched from local drive works perfect 2.If launched from mapped drive (same folder on the same hdd) works very slow 3.If...
  6. Transfer of pictures from camera to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer of pictures from camera to laptop: I connected my Olympus camera to my laptop, which runs windows 10, and could see that the pictures were being transferred. However, I cannot find where they went! They are not in the camera roll...
  7. Unable to transfer CR2 file from Camera

Unable to transfer CR2 file from Camera: I have taken some RAW images on a Canon EOS 60 D and also large JPEG images. I can transfer the JPEG files but not the CR2 files onto my desktop. A message appears indicating there was an error. This appears for all CR2 files. The CR2 files appear correctly on the camera....
  8. Extremely slow file transfer from computer to external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extremely slow file transfer from computer to external HDD: Extremely slow file transfer from computer to external HDD I am almost sure it has to do with Malwarebytes real time protection which I recently installed, and I am not a complainer but this is almost ridiculous. Robby [img] 106810
  9. Slow Internet When Transferring Files

Slow Internet When Transferring Files: i've notice over the last few weeks when i'm moving or copying a large amount of files to a drive and go to browse the net while i wait for the files to finish moving / copying it takes forever for pages to load. i've never seen this behavior before. does anyone know if this...
  10. Incredibly slow file transfer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Incredibly slow file transfer: It starts at around 300MB/s but after a second it drops to 20MB/s. On Windows 7 it was usually around 100MB/s. This is for transferring to second hard drive. It's even slower transferring to USB drive, about 2 MB/s. 15426