Windows 10: Slow Files

Discus and support Slow Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I right click on a file I get the little blue circle and the disk activity light stays on for anything up to 2 minutes, any suggestions as to why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Auskart, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Auskart Win User

Slow Files

When I right click on a file I get the little blue circle and the disk activity light stays on for anything up to 2 minutes, any suggestions as to why this is happening, thanks.

And I get Not Responding at the top of the page.

:)

Auskart, Feb 26, 2016
  2. Slow Win User
  3. Windows 10 Slow startup and shutdown

Startup and shut down slow.

Files not responding.

Window explorer often no responding, when working, it is very slow.

File transfer rate is extremely slow.

Dell Inspiron window 8 with 1tb hard disk, 8 gb ram and 2 gb graphics was extremely well and fast when bought from Dell.

But after installing windows 10, this system is very very slow

Now I am using AVG free antivirus after Defender was infected. AVG removed many affected files. But it is still very slow.

please help

ThomasAmbazhavelil, Feb 26, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Slow Files

We really need more information in your system specs to help: https://www.tenforums.com/profile.php?do=extra

Information such as:
    Are you using a SSD or HDD(7400rpm or 5400rpm),
    is the data on a 2nd internal disk(turn off Link State Power Management and asset "Turn off hard disk after" to Never, in Advanced Power Settings)

Cliff S, Feb 26, 2016
  5. Auskart Win User
    HDD 7200rpm been running 10 since it came out and it has only just started doing this.

Auskart, Feb 26, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    I've found having a lot of files in any particular Folder can cause such a situation. Is File Explorer using disk indexing, might have an impact?

Berton, Feb 26, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    What kind of file causes this? Any specific type?

Cliff S, Feb 27, 2016
  8. Auskart Win User

Slow Files

PDF, DOC, etc most files that are viewable.

Auskart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Slow Files

1. Slow Files - Similar Threads - Slow Files

2. My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...: My laptop extremely running slow even I just open the file explorer easliy not responding or browser. I already tried to space up my Local Disk C until it doesn't seem red, but my drive D still red because I don't have external disk anymore. I also already uninstalled all the...
  3. My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...: My laptop extremely running slow even I just open the file explorer easliy not responding or browser. I already tried to space up my Local Disk C until it doesn't seem red, but my drive D still red because I don't have external disk anymore. I also already uninstalled all the...
  4. My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install: Hello, I have a fresh x64 install of windows 11 2H23 using the latest build, I updated all of my drivers.For some reason file copies are REALLY REALLY slow! I copied 300gb of files from Drive D 4tb intel pcie U.2 drive should be getting around 4000mbps to drive C: 4tb SP...
  6. Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install

Painfully slow file transfers in windows 11 on fresh install: Hello, I have a fresh x64 install of windows 11 2H23 using the latest build, I updated all of my drivers.For some reason file copies are REALLY REALLY slow! I copied 300gb of files from Drive D 4tb intel pcie U.2 drive should be getting around 4000mbps to drive C: 4tb SP...
  7. Files explorer extremely slow to load..

Files explorer extremely slow to load..: The files explorer in my brand new Windows Surface laptop is extremely slow to load. Each time I click on the files explorer icon in the task bar at the bottom, it takes several seconds and on occasions up to a minute to load. This is not a folder-specific problem as this...
  8. Files explorer extremely slow to load..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files explorer extremely slow to load..: The files explorer in my brand new Windows Surface laptop is extremely slow to load. Each time I click on the files explorer icon in the task bar at the bottom, it takes several seconds and on occasions up to a minute to load. This is not a folder-specific problem as this...
  9. Hi, recently when I try to access folders and files, the explorer is very slow. The mouse...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi, recently when I try to access folders and files, the explorer is very slow. The mouse...: Hi, recently when I try to access folders the explorer is very slow to access the folder. There is no difference between SSD, HDD and a M2. drive Blackmagic Test. 2500 MB/s Read/Write. Just tested.... Even when I click on a file, the mouse pointer switches from the pointer to...
  10. Hi, recently when I try to access folders and files, the explorer is very slow. The mouse...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, recently when I try to access folders and files, the explorer is very slow. The mouse...: Hi, recently when I try to access folders the explorer is very slow to access the folder. There is no difference between SSD, HDD and a M2. drive Blackmagic Test. 2500 MB/s Read/Write. Just tested.... Even when I click on a file, the mouse pointer switches from the pointer to...