Windows 10: Slow folder view

Discus and support Slow folder view in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have recently started to experience a slowing of the display of items and options when viewing disc content. - Sometimes when I click on a folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pewe, Jan 1, 2016.

1. pewe Win User

Slow folder view

I have recently started to experience a slowing of the display of items and options when viewing disc content.

- Sometimes when I click on a folder in Windows Explorer (or Directory Opus which I use mostly by default) the content of the folder can take 3-10 seconds to display
    - If I right click in a folder (for example if I want to create a new subfolder or copy/paste) the options menu can take 3-10 seconds to display

I have only noticed this behaviour recently although I have used windows 10 for some time.

Can anyone suggest any reasons for this behaviour, or how I should go about trying to determine the cause.

Thanks

:)

pewe, Jan 1, 2016

2. Image browser / album application for Nokia E63

Thank for your useful link...but I need a image browser, where I can select the file path and I can view the picture folder by folder. The application referred by you shows all the images at a time, and a consiquence the image display is slow ...

narottam---01, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Cal54 Win User
    Windows 10 access to zip files

You can do that by creating a Folder called Zip files Inside and then put all of your Zip files in that folder.

Then you can click the folder and all the Zip files will be visible in the viewing side and can be opened by selecting them.

Edit: Guess I was to slow typing it is posted above.

Cal54, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

Slow folder view

1. Slow folder view - Similar Threads - Slow folder view

2. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  3. Folder view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder view: Hi. In Windows 10 I could easily see if a folder contained some files because when viewing as large icons I could see the file thumbnail without opening the folder. I cannot find how to do this in Windows 11. Please help,,,,too much time spent trying to find files. Thanks...
  4. Folder view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder view: Hi. In Windows 10 I could easily see if a folder contained some files because when viewing as large icons I could see the file thumbnail without opening the folder. I cannot find how to do this in Windows 11. Please help,,,,too much time spent trying to find files. Thanks...
  5. Folder View

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder View: Does anyone know how to set ALL the Windows 10 folders to the same view and 'group by' setting? It's very tedious to have to go through every single folder to set them to be the same. Can this be done with a registry tweak?...
  6. Folder view

Folder view: I want to change ALL my folders to show MEDIUM ICONS, even the default folder. So far everything I have tried has failed. The default view still comes up as DETAILS.. What is the best way to do this? Can DETAILS view be deleted? I will even consider using a registry hack if I...
  7. folders view

folders view: I want to change the order of columns in Details View in File Explorer and make that view the default for all folders on the computer. I also want to make all windows open maximized on the computer. Are there ways to accomplish those two things in Windows 10? I am updated...
  8. slow to reorganise folder view

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow to reorganise folder view: Win10 14905-160811 on fast ssd system I have a library folder with 4,000 images. The folder is set to view in date order. When I open it in File Manager a green bar crawls across for up to two minutes before the folder is displayed in the correct order. This doesn't always...
  9. folder views

in Windows 10 Support
    folder views: windows keeps changing my folder view on my usb drives... i have some folders set as small icons, some folders set as medium icons... but windows keeps changing to "details view" and no matter how many times i change it back windows will change it to details view again... it...
  10. Folder Views

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Views: Is there a way to control whether folders individually or as a whole remember settings like, whether to display as list view or details? Remember column width? The way things display seem random. Generally it will either be list view or details, but sometimes, for example, I...