Windows 10: Slow Internet on one specific computer

Discus and support Slow Internet on one specific computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently noticed wireless network problems with one of my computer; I'm getting something like 4-6 Mbps of download speed according to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NullCodex, Jun 11, 2016.

1. NullCodex Win User

Slow Internet on one specific computer

I have recently noticed wireless network problems with one of my computer; I'm getting something like 4-6 Mbps of download speed according to Speedtest.net, when I should be getting at least 5x that. I have two other computers connected to the network, and they both get 30-40 Mbps, so it is this machine in particular. The problem persists independently of which browser I'm using, and running an AV scan didn't pick anything up.

I don't have any ideas for what else to try at this point; does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

NullCodex, Jun 11, 2016

2. Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

I have cable internet, download 150mb / upload 10mb. When i test the connection on my phone via wifi in the same room as the computer it is downloading at 175mb / and uploading at 12mb. Ive tested other computers and they are not having the same issue.
    The speeds are identical when testing speeds over ethernet and wifi.

Thank You

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

CODYPORTER, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Jun 11, 2016
Thema:

Slow Internet on one specific computer

1. Slow Internet on one specific computer - Similar Threads - Slow Internet specific

2. Slow internet bandwidth on a specific device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet bandwidth on a specific device: Hi there,I open this thread because something strange happens to one of my Windows device.Indeed, on my Windows 10 64 bits machine equiped by an Intel AX210 Wi-Fi card, my bandwidth is around 5-10 mbps when my phone and my laptop are respectively 100 mbps and 250 mbps in the...
  3. Slow internet bandwidth on a specific device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet bandwidth on a specific device: Hi there,I open this thread because something strange happens to one of my Windows device.Indeed, on my Windows 10 64 bits machine equiped by an Intel AX210 Wi-Fi card, my bandwidth is around 5-10 mbps when my phone and my laptop are respectively 100 mbps and 250 mbps in the...
  4. Internet slow on one computer on one connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet slow on one computer on one connection: I have an HP Probook 450 G6 with Windows 10 21H2 build 19044.1889. My home internet connection is 300 Mbps down / 10 Mbps up, which I've confirmed on one other PC and two Android phones in my house.But, this PC is generally only getting 15-20 Mbps down, whether on wireless or...
  5. Internet slow on one computer on one connection

Internet slow on one computer on one connection: I have an HP Probook 450 G6 with Windows 10 21H2 build 19044.1889. My home internet connection is 300 Mbps down / 10 Mbps up, which I've confirmed on one other PC and two Android phones in my house.But, this PC is generally only getting 15-20 Mbps down, whether on wireless or...
  6. Internet slow on one computer on one connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. One computer has slow internet

One computer has slow internet: I have two computers connected to Wifi. One works fine, the other has extremely slow internet speed. The slow one occasionally drops out, refuses to detect networks, fails to connect to networks, and is registering an average of 0.5 on Google's speed test for download speed...
  8. Extremely slow Internet Speeds on this Computer Specifically

Extremely slow Internet Speeds on this Computer Specifically: Hi all, I recently did a speed test on this computer and found that the download speed was a thousand times slower than other computers around the house, however, the upload speed was the same. I took the same ethernet cable plugged into my computer, plugged it into my...
  9. slow internet on one computer

slow internet on one computer: Hello, i have slow connection on a windows 10 device (1,1 Mbps) and on my phone and other devices the internet speed on the same network is 20 Mbps. I have tried replacing wifi dongle, tried restarting the wifi router, but nothing seems to work. Sometimes my computer decides...
  10. Internet speed slows for one computer but not all

Internet speed slows for one computer but not all: Internet slows down for one computer but not all of them, I have some troubleshooting information below. Code: [CMD] C:\Users\Jason>ipconfig /all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : JasonMcKay Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node...