Windows 10: Slow Internet When Transferring Files

Discus and support Slow Internet When Transferring Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i've notice over the last few weeks when i'm moving or copying a large amount of files to a drive and go to browse the net while i wait for the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xXWhackerXx, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Slow Internet When Transferring Files

i've notice over the last few weeks when i'm moving or copying a large amount of files to a drive and go to browse the net while i wait for the files to finish moving / copying it takes forever for pages to load. i've never seen this behavior before. does anyone know if this is a win 10 fall update issue, and if so can it be corrected? thanks

:)

xXWhackerXx, Mar 25, 2018

2. Windows HTC 8x wont sync with my computer

Windows HTC 8X very slow file transfer

Erwin JoshuaTaningco, Mar 25, 2018
  3. transfer office files from PC to windows phone 7

If you are transfering large files, WiFi is the the fastest solution and clearly not expensive

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 25, 2018
  4. Slow Internet When Transferring Files

I don't have any immediate answers but ...

When you do this have you look at Task Manager to see what it is reporting? (Are you running out of resources, memory, cpu)

While outside idea, when is the last time you defraged your drives, target and source?

Have you added or change AV providers?

Caledon Ken, Mar 30, 2018
  5. next time i move a large amount of files i'll check task manager. as for defragging the only drive you should defrag is c and that is only if it's not a ssd, so no. av hasn't changed. i'm running malwarebytes and bitdefender total security, but current versions. i have everything in both set to manual, cause i manually scan everything i download before i use it. i have noticed after creating this thread this is only a issue affecting chrome style browsers. doesn't happen when using firefox. thanks for the suggestions.

xXWhackerXx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Slow Internet When Transferring Files

1. Slow Internet When Transferring Files - Similar Threads - Slow Internet Transferring

2. Slow copy and file transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow copy and file transfer speeds: 35,000 files 1.7gb. Taking days to transfer/copy. Ridiculously slow. No information regarding the exact mb/s or kb/s. It's 2024 can we speed it up a little Microsoft?...
  3. Slow File Transfer in window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow File Transfer in window 11: Hello,I recently got the window 11 for my laptop and when i tried to move or copy files whose size is almost 2gb from my google drive desktop app to G:// drive I noticed that the file transfer was not happening and the speed of file transfer is really slow. And I ended up...
  4. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow file transfers internrally: I'm using my old 4 years old gaming gig as a Plex server. I ran out of room on the array I had set up with three 8TB drives and purchased two new 18 TB drives. I've tried to copy the files over to the larger drives and have attempted this to both drives. They are each set up...
  5. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely slow file transfers internrally: I'm using my old 4 years old gaming gig as a Plex server. I ran out of room on the array I had set up with three 8TB drives and purchased two new 18 TB drives. I've tried to copy the files over to the larger drives and have attempted this to both drives. They are each set up...
  6. file transfer dramatically slow

file transfer dramatically slow: I have an issue with slow file transfer windows 10. I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings. I have one application and: 1. If launched from local drive works perfect 2. If launched from mapped drive same folder on the same hdd works very slow 3. If...
  7. Slow file transfer

Slow file transfer: I have an issue with slow file transfer (windows 10). I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings. I have one application and: 1.If launched from local drive works perfect 2.If launched from mapped drive (same folder on the same hdd) works very slow 3.If...
  8. File Explorer Slows When Connected to the Internet

File Explorer Slows When Connected to the Internet: So this is an odd problem which I have not been able to find any solutions to so far. When I use my laptop at work, I am able to connect to the internet and do things like play music through Youtube, while also using the file explorer to navigate to the folders I need to...
  9. Incredibly slow file transfer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Incredibly slow file transfer: It starts at around 300MB/s but after a second it drops to 20MB/s. On Windows 7 it was usually around 100MB/s. This is for transferring to second hard drive. It's even slower transferring to USB drive, about 2 MB/s. 15426
  10. no transfer box when transfering files

in Windows 10 Support
    no transfer box when transfering files: I'm talking about one of the below transfer boxes. I no longer see one when copying files so I have to guess when it is finished. It seems to have started after my last weekly update. I'm running Build 11082 with all the latest updates. [img] 34653