Windows 10: slow jumplists for Office programmes like Word

Discus and support slow jumplists for Office programmes like Word in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i have an annoying problem: my jump lists do work, but for Office they are really slow. I have both Office 2010 (2-3 second delay before the list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rik4444, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Rik4444 Win User

slow jumplists for Office programmes like Word

Hi,

i have an annoying problem: my jump lists do work, but for Office they are really slow. I have both Office 2010 (2-3 second delay before the list appears, sometimes longer) and Office 365 (1 sec delay). When I turn the jump lists off, there is no delay. I remember this starting to happen after an update.

I have a completely new Lenovo t480 which is lightning fast, except for this! i use the jump lists a lot, esp for Office, so i hope you can provide a solution

Rik

:)

Rik4444, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Jeffrey A Win User

On the jumplist, any previously opened Word doc is listed twice

Thank you, Azaruddin Syed. It seems to have worked. On another note, I have the Office 365 Word App pinned to my Taskbar. On the jumplist, any previously opened Word doc is listed twice. It isn't a big deal, but why is it listed twice? seems weird.

Jeffrey A, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Aug 25, 2018
  4. slow jumplists for Office programmes like Word

Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

slow jumplists for Office programmes like Word

1. slow jumplists for Office programmes like Word - Similar Threads - slow jumplists Office

2. It was not like that in Word????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It was not like that in Word????: The cursor moves slowly when I hold the spacebar or left arrow button in Word? I might add this is in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-was-not-like-that-in-word/5bfdf948-6509-4d90-ba50-4f9d0447b46b
  3. It was not like that in Word????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It was not like that in Word????: The cursor moves slowly when I hold the spacebar or left arrow button in Word? I might add this is in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-was-not-like-that-in-word/5bfdf948-6509-4d90-ba50-4f9d0447b46b
  4. It was not like that in Word????

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 jumplist extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 jumplist extremely slow.: My jumplist for all the programs pinned on my taskbar is extremely slow. I'm running a new Windows 11 22H2 laptop.All Office app and also other apps are affected.I tried deactivating the flag in Settings > Personalization > Start > Turn On the switch against Show recently...
  6. Windows 11 jumplist extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 jumplist extremely slow.: My jumplist for all the programs pinned on my taskbar is extremely slow. I'm running a new Windows 11 22H2 laptop.All Office app and also other apps are affected.I tried deactivating the flag in Settings > Personalization > Start > Turn On the switch against Show recently...
  7. slow loading of programmes and apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    slow loading of programmes and apps: my computer has become very slow to load things, how do I speed things up ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-loading-of-programmes-and-apps/47b393fd-85dc-4eb0-aa51-961a561af7cf
  8. word office

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    word office: Not working any more. Expired? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-office/1e127659-f543-453a-90b4-79675cafe92d
  9. Microsoft Office JumpList File Count not updating

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Office JumpList File Count not updating: I rely heavily on jumplists, especially with Excel. I made the necessary registry edits that are well known to increase the number displayed files in the jumplist and everything was working great. Well my organization did a repair of Office on my computer, and now my jumplist...
  10. Word 2016 (office 365 subscription) docx saving slow

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2016 (office 365 subscription) docx saving slow: I noticed an issue when saving Word docx files on Office 2016. It's slow, I see a progress bar at the bottom right when it saves and it takes about 30 seconds to save. Okay it's large file with a couple hundred pages and a few hundred kb in size but surely it shouldn't take...