Windows 10: Slow laptop boot

Discus and support Slow laptop boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello all, so I have quite big problem.So firstly my laptop specs: CPU: i3-6100u RAM: 8GB DDR4 GPU: Intel HD 520 + NVIDIA GT 920MX HDD: SEAGATE 1TB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tomka850, Feb 13, 2017.

1. tomka850 Win User

Slow laptop boot

Hello all, so I have quite big problem.So firstly my laptop specs:
    • CPU: i3-6100u
    • RAM: 8GB DDR4
    • GPU: Intel HD 520 + NVIDIA GT 920MX
    • HDD: SEAGATE 1TB 5400RPM
    So my problem: I have this problem about 2-3months , anyway I tryed many things but none of them worked, just clean windows 10 install helps for few days then again windows boots very slow.So now I want to find out what can cause this problem.So few days ago I reinstalled windows , used latest windows version from ms site, before reinstalling I done quite long HDD format, it took more than half a day.After I installed windows I also done a full scan with seatools with took few hours and again everything was good so I think it's not an HDD fault, but still not sure 100%.Anyway I know that SSD are much faster than HDD but my windows boots in about 2-3minutes which is also slow for HDD I think and still are very slowly for few minutes after I see desktop , btw I disabled all startup programs and useless services.I have checked event log and found some problems:
    https://i.imgur.com/iYoJdJU.png
    https://i.imgur.com/eFZOStW.png

Maybe anyone can suggest anything to try?

:)

tomka850, Feb 13, 2017

2. Laptop running slow

Why is my laptop slow to boot up. O/S Windows 10

RogerBayliss, Feb 13, 2017
  3. Slow boot up laptop lagging

Laptop slow boot and lagging after free windows 10 upgrade from 8.1

paulnelsonsc, Feb 13, 2017
  4. Slow laptop boot

Welcome to the TenForums @ tomka850

Lets try something easy. At command propmt(admin) please eneter this command.

powercfg -h off

This shuts off hibernation which in turns shuts of Windows Fast Start Up.

Then shut Windows down by holding the shift key down and clicking on shutdown (not restart).

Boot and see if that changes anything. The shift key down with shutdown fully shutdowns windows 10.

To turn hibernation back on it is the same command with "on"

Powercfg -h on.

If shutting down hibernation works then you could try disabling just Fast Start Up. This method is just a quick test.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 14, 2017
  5. tomka850 Win User
    Thanks for suggestion, so I tryed to turn down powercfg -h off and shut down windows with shift + shutdown , and then tryed to boot them again, so boot up was very slow.

Now I tryed to disable all non microsoft services in msconfig:
    https://i.imgur.com/iGmv02Y.png

And now laptop boots up to login screen much more faster but login screen still takes about 1minute...which is quite bad I guess? So maybe any tips how can I decrease login screen time? I have disable all startup programs also.

Btw wanna ask which services https://i.imgur.com/iGmv02Y.png are better to keep enabled? Is it bad to keep them disabled always ? Because boot time is faster with all services disabled, anyway maybe there are just one service which has impact on slow startup so I will try to find out which one.

UPDATE: I think I found what can couse slow startup, when I turn on both intel hd service and nvidia services startup is very slow , but when I turn only intel or only nvidia everything is much more faster.https://i.imgur.com/5PxUHQM.png so what can cause this problem??

tomka850, Feb 14, 2017
  6. Sorry somehow this posting was missed.

I would be using your Nvida services. The only service I saw under Intel HD was there Control panel which I don't even imagine you use.

While you are looking at services what is happening in your startup tab. How many items are being started there.

One item that significantly reduces boot time is an SSD. Of course if you store a lot of data the costs do escalate.

I would look at your startup tab to see what can be trimmed there.

Caledon Ken, Feb 21, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    The Intel HD Control Panel is needed. The vast majority of Windows will run on the integrated graphics.
    The Nvidia Control Panel selects what Applications run on the Nvidia (M) Card. e.g. Games you will likely want to default to the Nvidia Card.

Just for your information my Windows 10 bootup is 25 secs to the Desktop with a standard Laptop mechanical 1 TB 5400 rpm HDD.

1. You seem to have a lot of Nvidia stuff, presumably this is due to installing the Geforce Experience application. I strongly suspect that maybe a contributing factor.
    I would try and uninstall that see what happens. You should just be left with "NVIDIA Display Container LS"

2. Looking at your logs it maybe Lenovo specific components, can't help with those as mine is not a Lenovo. However those maybe need looking in to.

Geforce Experience was uninstalled here when an Account was required. It never did anything useful for me, just bloatware. You maybe using those services, however for analysis purposes you can uninstall temporarily.

Attachment 122435

Helmut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Slow laptop boot

1. Slow laptop boot - Similar Threads - Slow laptop boot

2. Lenovo laptop with slow boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop with slow boot: Hi guys,My uncle is gonna bring me his lenovo laptop in a while. He says the boot procedure is very low for a new laptop.Hi asked some questions and apparently he cloned his old dell laptop onto the new machine.Oooof.I was wondering, maybe we could check bcd? Help me sort...
  3. Lenovo laptop with slow boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo laptop with slow boot: Hi guys,My uncle is gonna bring me his lenovo laptop in a while. He says the boot procedure is very low for a new laptop.Hi asked some questions and apparently he cloned his old dell laptop onto the new machine.Oooof.I was wondering, maybe we could check bcd? Help me sort...
  4. Lenovo laptop with slow boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Slow Boot on Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Boot on Laptop: I have a Dell laptop which is very slow to boot with the disk running at 100% for extended periods in Task Manager. I have tweaked a bit but it is still slow so I was wondering which startup services cause the most bother in this respect. So far I have checked the AV and that...
  6. Slow Boot on Laptop

Slow Boot on Laptop: I have a Dell laptop which is very slow to boot with the disk running at 100% for extended periods in Task Manager. I have tweaked a bit but it is still slow so I was wondering which startup services cause the most bother in this respect. So far I have checked the AV and that...
  7. Slow Boot on Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. SLOW BOOT UP LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SLOW BOOT UP LAPTOP: My Dell Inspiron laptop very very slow to boot up and the Edge icon always come with ' microsoft edge is not responding' . I am 80 yrs old and not computer savy so please list the corrections in simple language. Many thanks,...
  9. SLOW BOOT UP LAPTOP

SLOW BOOT UP LAPTOP: My Dell Inspiron laptop very very slow to boot up and the Edge icon always come with ' microsoft edge is not responding' . I am 80 yrs old and not computer savy so please list the corrections in simple language. Many thanks,...
  10. Slow boot time with new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow boot time with new laptop: I have an Asus Vivobook 14 M413DA which I bought in January. When it was new, it would boot to the Windows log in screen in under 10 seconds. Now it takes 40 seconds.Under Startup in Task Manager, the only items enabled are "googledrivesync.exe", "Microsoft OneDrive", and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4470788 slow boot

2. acer aspire slow boot windows 1803 radeon