Windows 10: Slow laptop startup since last cumulative update

Discus and support Slow laptop startup since last cumulative update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; During the last two weeks or so, I've noticed that my laptop takes an inordinate amount of time to start up--way more time than it used to take, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gogreen, Aug 5, 2017.

1. gogreen Win User

Slow laptop startup since last cumulative update

During the last two weeks or so, I've noticed that my laptop takes an inordinate amount of time to start up--way more time than it used to take, and that's even with fast startup enabled. I think the longer startup began after the last Windows 10 cumulative update (KB4025342), around July 11, although I can't be sure. Attached are the startup reports from Glary Utilities.

I've run full scans both of Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I've also run Malwarebytes Junk Removal Tool, TDSSKiller, and Rkill 2.8.4. All's OK with these scans. sfc /scannow is OK, too.

For now, Hibernate is off on both my laptop and desktop, and I've chosen to allow all Windows processes and tasks. Fast startup is off on my desktop. Still, I'm looking for suggestions on how to cut the startup time, mostly on the laptop. Any specific processes, services and tasks I can do without on startup? I realize it's difficult to make these kinds of recommendations, but I thought I'd ask. It certainly seems as if there's a lot there occurring on startup that doesn't have to be.

Thanks for any suggestions on things I can do to speed startup.

:)

gogreen, Aug 5, 2017

2. Windows 10 slow after February 2018 update.

Hello.

Yesterday on February 14th 2018 my Asus laptop X541N had to install the following:

1) Cumulative Update version 1709 x64 (KB4074588)

2) Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 (KB890830)

The update was slow but succesfull. The problem is that after the update the laptop is very slow. I restarted it twice but it took ages to restart. I shutted it down and now the startup is slow. After the startup, the laptop is sometimes unresponsive on
    commands or very slow to respond. Google chrome is very slow on loading pages. Generally the pc is slow. I tried the troubleshooter but nothing was found. I wanted to try Restore Health but SFC and DISM are not working, they are propably corrupted. The device
    is fully updated.

What can I do about this?

Maria Theocharidou, Aug 5, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Updates and Anniversary Update

I am wondering if people are having issues with the recent win10 updates and anniversary update causing problems with slow startups....... and other issues? Since the last series of updates I have had severe issues with startups being extremely slow and
    stuff keeps freezing up like with win98.

airforceveteran, Aug 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, these threads may give you some useful ideas and approaches, and means of analysis.
    windows creators update slow startup - Windows 10 Forums
    https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61920-very-slow-startup-after-windows-anniversary-update.html

Slow boot after upgrading (rather than updating) is more commonly reported. There are plenty of other such threads should you wish more.
    E.g.
    Very slow boot on Win10 with SSD after creators upadte - Windows 10 Forums

KB4025342 - you can also compare notes on this update in the News section, where there is 1 thread per update.

dalchina, Aug 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Slow laptop startup since last cumulative update - Similar Threads - Slow laptop startup

2. No network at startup on ethernet cable since last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No network at startup on ethernet cable since last update: Hello, every morning I have to start the troubleshooting wizard to solve this I couldn't tell when the last update was, a week or two, but since then that problem has gotten really annoying How can I get a solution for this? Can you make a patch or something? Thanks...
  3. Slow startup after updating last week

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow startup after updating last week: Hi everyone, Anyone else experiencing super slow startup on win10 x64 from the last update over a week ago or so? (I didn't update due to work schedule, but whatever the update was previous to last week). I've currently updated to the latest windows update and it seems a...
  4. No network @ startup on ethernet cable since last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No network @ startup on ethernet cable since last update: Hi, every morning I have to start the troubleshooting assistant to resolve this couldn't say when was last update, one week or two, but since then, that issue has become really annoying I tried to uninstall my ethernet diver in the device manager, then rebooting...
  5. laptop not working since last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not working since last update: Hi, My HP probook is now inoperable since it restarted after an update. Previous to that it kept crashing & I was getting different stop codes including KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED & MEMORY MANAGEMENT. After a series of crashes it said needs a restart. Ever since that...
  6. Slow startup since April update

Slow startup since April update: Windows 10 Home version 2004 Since installing the large April update start up has become very slow. Takes a while after entering pass code and when it does eventually icons on right side of taskbar are not there and you have to wait for them. 157456
  7. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  8. Major slowing issues since October cumulative update?

Major slowing issues since October cumulative update?: Hi, installed the October cumulative about two or three days ago, and have noticed the system is much slower to sleep, shut down and reboot than it was before. I'm unable to revert back to the previous build as Windows seems to think I installed this more than 10 days ago...
  9. Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update

Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update: Hi, I see a few people are posting black screens at startup - in my case that's what I thought I had but if I let it go for a few minutes it would eventually get to the login screen. At a few other times, I got to a blue screen saying I needed to use the Recovery tools. All...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538