Windows 10: Slow load,system hang

Discus and support Slow load,system hang in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Having problems on my W10 desktop PC. Booting up the system was hanging at login screen after entering in my p/w. Made it past the login screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dj3Dub, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Dj3Dub Win User

Slow load,system hang

Having problems on my W10 desktop PC. Booting up the system was hanging at login screen after entering in my p/w. Made it past the login screen and able to get to desktop, AV and other apps begin to load and everything seems to hang. Brought up task manager and it just froze as well. Restarted a few times and it just appears to be stuck in this loading state. 4790K, ASrock z97 Extreme 6/3.1, Samsung 850 Evo, H110i. I was trying to start getting this still rather new build dialed in. Reset everything in UEFI to default. Any tips/suggestions?

Posted from my W10 Laptop.*Cool

:)

Dj3Dub, Sep 28, 2015

2. LN Rayan

After loading windows 10 X64 edition in my desktop PC in November 1, 15 nowadays I find the system gets hanged if 3 to 4 pages are opened. System has slowed down a lot. comparatively, I found working with Windows 7 was more easier and speed. I have checked
    my internet speed it is not less than 3 to 3.5 Mbps.

Please give me a suitable advice on speeding up the computer and stop hanging

nimalanrayan, Sep 28, 2015
  3. very slow in working and hanging

why lumia520 always use to hange and display become bigger getting heat soon. 3rd party OS are n not working . this phone is very slow in loading and closing after update. this is the first smart phone i got it is only having slow working function . so
    that i hate windows

androsejackson, Sep 28, 2015
  4. Clive K Win User

Slow load,system hang

Is it a clean install?

Clive K, Sep 28, 2015
  5. Clive K Win User
    Look at your startup menu, and start disabling them one by one, beginning with your AV.

Clive K, Sep 28, 2015
  6. Dj3Dub Win User
    When I launch Task Manager, it becomes unresponsive; along with the rest of the system. Everything just seems to hang on startup. The last time I had the system up and running on Sat, I did a f/w update for the SSD, Samsung Magician. Safe mode in W10 isn't like it used to be on prior versions of Windows?? Since the system hangs and startup I can't find out whats making it hang. This is whats making it frustrating.

Dj3Dub, Sep 28, 2015
  7. Clive K Win User
    If you can get to Power>Restart hold the Shift key and click Restart. You'll be presented with various boot options, including safe mode.

Clive K, Sep 28, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

Slow load,system hang

Eevn though Asrock is not well known board but it is very good. I built a PC for a friend and it only took under 10 sec to boot with ultra fast option enabled in the BIOS.

• Try this link: Startup Delay Time - Reduce in Windows 8 . For 8 but also works in 10.
    • Disconnect any external device and try boot up to see if they are the cause.
    • Run chkdsk on all HD/SSD
    • Optimize SSD.
    • Disable all 3rd party Shell Extensions. This seems like unrelated but sometimes causes all kind of problems.

topgundcp, Sep 28, 2015
  9. Dj3Dub Win User
    The system hangs at login screen after entering my p/w. I was able to get to the desktop,system unresponsive. I was able to move my mouse around being able to do just about only that. Cant get to task manager, tried to hold shift + restart. System just sits there unresponsive. This is my first venture with an ASrock board. The sales guy talked me into it and assured it was just as good as an ASUS or Gigabyte board that I had used in prior builds. Not sure if the board is to blame for all of this; so far hasn't been much of a pleasant experience.

Next steps?

Dj3Dub, Sep 29, 2015
  10. Clive K Win User
    Fastest way will be a reinstall. Then watch what goes in your startup, for example your AV. Try restarting after everything that is placed in your startup. If you have more than one hard drive, or an external, use Macrium (free download) to make an image with a rescue disk (you make it with Macrium.)
    The image restore will save you time. Don't blame your MB yet. Too early for that.

Clive K, Sep 29, 2015
  11. Dj3Dub Win User
    Clean install or try the reset option? I have yet to try the reset option. Trying to figure out so I know to backup my data or not.

Dj3Dub, Sep 29, 2015
  12. Clive K Win User
    If you have no files you need to keep, do a clean install. If you have important files, do a reset.

Clive K, Sep 29, 2015
  13. Dj3Dub Win User

Slow load,system hang

Just finished doing a clean install. Resets just havent seemed to work for me. I booted into a live Linux distro to backup all the data I wanted. I'm sure I'll be back on these forums....*Cool Thank you for your support!

Dj3Dub, Sep 30, 2015
  14. rotors Win User
    I have the same problem on an Asus laptop. The problem appears to be the SSD. If I use a HDD 10 works fine. 10 not ready for primetime yet.

rotors, Oct 7, 2015
  15. Dj3Dub Win User
    Just turned the paging file off since I have an SSD. That might solve this issue. It seems that there should be a tool for Windows that maximizes SSD performance on Windows.

Dj3Dub, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

Slow load,system hang

1. Slow load,system hang - Similar Threads - Slow load system

2. Apps Hanging, not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps Hanging, not loading: I've had a couple of issues revolving around Microsoft apps when trying to load them. Examples include Quick Assist and Xbox Gaming Services, both of which time out after attempting to connect to Microsoft, or whatever their startup function is. I first noticed this when...
  3. Apps Hanging, not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Hanging, not loading: I've had a couple of issues revolving around Microsoft apps when trying to load them. Examples include Quick Assist and Xbox Gaming Services, both of which time out after attempting to connect to Microsoft, or whatever their startup function is. I first noticed this when...
  4. Slow / Hanging Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow / Hanging Internet: Hey all,I have a PC with Windows 11 installed. I have reasonably fast internet via ethernet. However, every browser + website is slow, occasionally hanging for 10s-20s at a time.No other device in the household behaves this way. I have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10...
  5. Slow / Hanging Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow / Hanging Internet: Hey all,I have a PC with Windows 11 installed. I have reasonably fast internet via ethernet. However, every browser + website is slow, occasionally hanging for 10s-20s at a time.No other device in the household behaves this way. I have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 hangs and everything is loading slow. [Screenshot attached]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs and everything is loading slow. [Screenshot attached]: After normal use of my pc, say 3 hrs or more. 1. the windows panel UI is not loading. only the window app border is visible, after several mins, the UI is displayed. 2. I can't select the folders selected not showing, but if i click that folder and enter it goes to the...
  7. system hangs

system hangs: After the last upgrade, my Acer Aspire keeps hanging on restart. A message saying an error has occurred and it must restart. this happens several times then it hangs. I cannot get it to switch off! Any ideas what is the problem?...
  8. SYSTEMS HANGED

SYSTEMS HANGED: MY LEPTOP IS VERY VERY HANG WHEN I UPDATE ANY TYPES OOF APPLICATIN ARE NOT ON AND FULL SYSTEM IS VERY SLOW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/systems-hanged/08d47e98-e567-4b10-b49a-e2e37dca81a0
  9. Slow load time in system and in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow load time in system and in games: Hi So i have a problem that my pc is slow to load things in system and maps in games. Very rare it works normally but almost always slow. I need help. Pc is pretty new i want to add. Here are my pc specs: Mobo: gigabyte b360m ds3h cpu: i3 8100 gpu: msi gtx 1050ti psu: 600w...
  10. System Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Hangs: I have had repeated problems with system hangs since installation on July 29. The latest updates 3pm today have been applied. I have disabled most tasks in startup but so far still getting hangs varying from a few minutes till an hour or more. I have looked at the event logs...