Windows 10: Slow loading of programs like Paint / Can't edit files on Photos

Discus and support Slow loading of programs like Paint / Can't edit files on Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why do programs like Paint and Photoshop take FOREVER to load? It's not like my computer slows down as they are loading either. My computer is running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Invisicow, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Invisicow Win User

Slow loading of programs like Paint / Can't edit files on Photos

Why do programs like Paint and Photoshop take FOREVER to load? It's not like my computer slows down as they are loading either. My computer is running well without any issues, but this is still a problem. I was part of the Insider Program and I am up-to-date. Also, the Photos program can't edit any files because of their "file types." This happens to ALL file types. I am starting to get annoyed with all of this. Isn't this sort of shit already supposed to be fixed?

Any fix suggestions?

Thanks.

:)

Invisicow, Aug 10, 2015

2. How to paste into Fresh Paint?

Fresh Paint is not the image editor, it's a painting program.

For image editing, use a program like Photos (which can retouch photos and edit them) or Paint, or an actual image editor (Fresh Paint is not an image editor at all).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 10, 2015
  3. Photos on sd card will not load to Paint Shop Pro

I had both Paint shop Pro and Kodak on my laptop before Windows 10 loaded. My photos are still in their files, but the sd card will not load new photos to either. I loaded Nikon software, and loaded the new photos there, but can not move the photos to
    Paint Shop for editing. Any help appreciated.

DianeJackson54, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Slow loading of programs like Paint / Can't edit files on Photos

1. Slow loading of programs like Paint / Can't edit files on Photos - Similar Threads - Slow loading programs

2. Python "SYSTEM" file edit slows down loading

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Python "SYSTEM" file edit slows down loading: Removing the "SYSTEM" file in C:\Windows\system32\config is dangerous, but editing it is less worse, but can make the loading/boot unstable.No, you cannot edit it using Notepad, but yes, you can edit it using Python as administrator.If you copy the "py" file from C:\Windows...
  3. Programs loading slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs loading slow: I was messing with OC and when I though I had everything good to go (was going for 5GHz on a i7-9700K), then the errors came and I was doom and figure this is the best I'm going to get at 4.9. So after that, I noticed that nothing would load like it did in the past. I turned...
  4. Can't save photo or image file with Paint.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't save photo or image file with Paint.: Good day. I recently added new jpg image files on my computer. I edited afterwards, when I try to save it, it gives me this Error: "Paint cannot save this file. Save was interrupted, so your file has not been saved". What can be the cause of this? Kind regards...
  5. Programs loading slow

Programs loading slow: When I click on a program (double click), the program doesn't pop up. When I click on it again, it might come up, but when I do this I get two of the program running. Any clue on why this is happening? Thanks 166737
  6. Can't open Photos, Paint 3D and JPG files

Can't open Photos, Paint 3D and JPG files: I have a friend who installed the latest Windows 10 update last week, but after installation she was missing all her data. I discovered that her profile had become corrupt with the user profile set to a backup status, and each time she logged in she was using a temporary...
  7. Switching between paint & edit in Photos

Switching between paint & edit in Photos: While using Windows Photos App it switches into the Paint mode autmatically. I can switch back to edit mode by clicking on the "X" but any movement over the photo causes the program to revert back to paint mode. Trying to move to the next photo in a folder by clicking on the...
  8. Slow Loading and executing programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Loading and executing programs: My pc began to slow down shortly after the update at the beginning of December 2019. It continued until yesterday when the system would not open a program or icon. I originally thought that my MS Office 2016 programs were corrupted since I could not get Outlook to open. I...
  9. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...
  10. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does it take forever for paintshop pro x9 to load on my laptop