Windows 10: Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade

Discus and support Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just upgraded my SSD based laptop to 1803. It boots to the login screen as quickly as before but now takes 20 secs for a user to login whereas it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steve C, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade

I just upgraded my SSD based laptop to 1803. It boots to the login screen as quickly as before but now takes 20 secs for a user to login whereas it only used to take under 5 secs.

I can't find anything obvious in Autoruns causing this. Any ideas / solutions or what I should check?

:)

Steve C, Jul 22, 2018
  2. NaelAmer Win User

Windows 10 Very Slow Login

Hi Arul,

What's with the slow login and unlocking in Windows 10? We're still suffering with the issue, we're using high end PCs, overclocked ones with SSDs and paid that much for speed, and Windows 10 comes to slow down our machines?!

Please raise this issue to higher level management or someone who can take a real step in fixing the issue ASAP.

Thank you.

NaelAmer, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade

update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade

1. Slow Login After 1803 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Slow Login 1803

2. slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903: I skipped over 1809 and upgraded directly from 1803 to 1903. All went fine but I noticed a significant slowdown in booting. It went from several seconds to 39 seconds. I have a decent desktop computer, enough memory. One possible culprit: I have two physical drives – SSD and...
  3. slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903: I skipped over 1809 and upgraded directly from 1803 to 1903. All went fine but I noticed a significant slowdown in booting. It went from several seconds to 39 seconds. I have a decent desktop computer, enough memory. One possible culprit: I have two physical drives – SSD and...
  4. What runs thefirst login AFTER OS upgrade from 1703 to 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What runs thefirst login AFTER OS upgrade from 1703 to 1803: We are using a VDI environment with VMware Writable volumes used for storing the user profiles. These profiles, and specifically the Start Menu built in apps such as Calculator, Photos, etc., worked normally while Windows was running 1703. We then upgraded the master...
  5. Internet is slow after win10 1803 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is slow after win10 1803 update: After the update my internet speed decreased highly. (from 1gb speed to 0.5 mb) I tried several tutorials in the microsoft support but nothing worked. I basically cannot use internet at all since it takes ages to load, and my pc is the only device with the issue since the...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after upgrade to 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after upgrade to 1803: Hey, About three months ago I upgraded my windows to version 1803 since then I occasionally get BSOD from type: "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". I tried to WinDbg the minidump but didn't succeed to fix the problem, I tried to make a clean install of my graphics card (GeForce GT 730)...
  7. Pc running slow after 1803 update

Pc running slow after 1803 update: Hello, I have upgraded to windows 10 1803 on my new hp notebook. But after upgrading i have many problems like booting time is very slow, memory and disk uses 100%. And pc freezes up ....i have tried everything like update my all drivers,disable some services...when i...
  8. Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803

Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803: Hello , I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 1803 after that my computer is too slow , It was working fine till the last update. When I click on the Start menu it takes at least 30 seconds to respond.When I click on file explorer it takes more than a minute to open . I...
  9. Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade: Hello! After upgrating to Win 10 1803, my laptop can't connect automatic to my routers wifi. After rebooting or wake up from hibernate, I have no Internet access. "Connections available" it says when I hover the mouse at the net-icon in the taskbar. When clicking it, I can...
  10. Windows 10 1803 update(s) after upgrade to 1803.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 update(s) after upgrade to 1803.: Configuration: Windows 10 Home x64 v.1803 (Cum. Update 2018, May) Digital license obtained via Windows 7 Home Premium x74 OEM upgrade to Windows 10. Status: All (cumulatieve) Windows 10 updates succeeded, including v.1803 (May,2018) major update. No issues after this...