Windows 10: Slow login time on high end PC

Discus and support Slow login time on high end PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have this issue where the desktop takes noticeably longer to load when I sign-in. I have ultra fast boot enabled and it takes about 5 seconds to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Leandro404, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Slow login time on high end PC

I have this issue where the desktop takes noticeably longer to load when I sign-in. I have ultra fast boot enabled and it takes about 5 seconds to get to the login screen, but then I get a black screen when I used to instantly get the desktop, I do eventually get the desktop but it takes much longer now. Now I'm fairly certain this isn't a hardware fault, although the problem did start when I was overclocking both my CPU and GPU this morning, however the reason I don't think it's hardware related is because I'm able to run multiple benchmarks and stress tests without fail, so I definitely have stability once logged in.

The problem is exclusively when I'm first signing in, my computer in general isn't slow at all. What really makes me think this is a software problem is that I have a feeling some sort of reset is going on when I login, as in the computer is configuring itself for the first time. For example whenever I open Firefox after I restart it always shows me the "What features we've added to New Tab" and when I close it it keeps popping up with the "You are about close multiple tabs" warning even after I uncheck the box so it doesn't notify me again.

Also some of my startup programs keep enabling after each restart even if I keep disabling it or even delete the entry. So that's why I think this is a software issue, also the fact that I stress tested each individual component of my PC and got no problems. Another piece of information is that I still had a slow login time even when I removed my GPU and booted up with just CPU & RAM. My feeling is that my computer is doing some sort of reset each time I login.

:)

Leandro404, Apr 5, 2016
  2. asishbm98 Win User

High End Game on a Low end PC

what happens when playing high end games on low end pc

asishbm98, Apr 5, 2016
  3. High End Game on a Low end PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Playing High End games completely depends on the requirements. If the Computer meets the minimum game requirements also, you will be able to play them. Also, in most of the games, you can set the Display settings to low values if the Graphics card memory
    doesn't meet the requirements, however, you would not be able to cherish the gameplay graphics and animations. Also, for low RAM memory, you can use ready boost feature.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 5, 2016
  4. Slow login time on high end PC

I found out it was malware. I ran malwarebytes anti-malware and it found lots of files in a folder called chportu.

Leandro404, Apr 5, 2016
  5. zztemp Win User
    Leandro,

Just from the description it is hard for me to pin-point the cause or issue.
    I don't know if you are familiar with WPR (Windows Performance Recorder)?
    It is used to track down issues like this. It is free to download and install.

You could install the WPR and make a trace following these settings : https://helgeklein.com/wp-content/up...e-Recorder.png

If you upload the .ETL file, i'll take a look. please note that an ETL file is fairly large and so you'll have to upload it to a public dropbox link or onedrive or whatever.

With the ETL file i might find what's taking so long in the WInInit (boot process).

zztemp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Slow login time on high end PC

1. Slow login time on high end PC - Similar Threads - Slow login high

2. High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.: So the other day my pc just out of nowhere became super laggy. After every task like opening browser, typing, opening every application takes about 10 seconds to show on my screen. When i switch tabs on opera it takes around 10-15 seconds after my click to process and load....
  3. High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.: So the other day my pc just out of nowhere became super laggy. After every task like opening browser, typing, opening every application takes about 10 seconds to show on my screen. When i switch tabs on opera it takes around 10-15 seconds after my click to process and load....
  4. High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High end pc, slow boot time (> 1min)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High end pc, slow boot time (> 1min): Hello people, I have a workstation (2 x Xeon E5-2680 v3, 128 GB Ram, SSD) and a laptop (5th gen. i5, 8 GB Ram, SSD). The laptop boots up very fast, within 2-3 seconds. The workstation takes much longer, more than 1 minute. This is very strange. I have the same set of...
  6. low end slow pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low end slow pc: i use windows 10/7 and linux in one 2010 LOW END pc which have 3 GB ram with 2.50 GHZ old dual core CPU and its slow how to improve the speed of my pc win 7 and linux works very well but windows 10 is very slow sometime the apps does not responds very well it takes some time...
  7. Slow and laggy Windows UI on high-end laptop

Slow and laggy Windows UI on high-end laptop: So, I have an HP Elitebook 1050 G1 with the following specs: Intel i7 8750H with Intel UHD Graphics 630 Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Max-Q 16 GB RAM 512 GB SSD (NVMe) (I can give further details if necessary) The problem is that Windows 10 feels very slow and sluggish. I...
  8. Slow and laggy Windows UI on high-end laptop

Slow and laggy Windows UI on high-end laptop: So, I have an HP Elitebook 1050 G1 with the following specs: Intel i7 8750H with Intel UHD Graphics 630 Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Max-Q 16 GB RAM 512 GB SSD (NVMe) (I can give further details if necessary) The problem is that Windows 10 feels very slow and sluggish. I...
  9. high end pc noob

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high end pc noob: i have pentium 4 and when i buy i7 can place my pentium4 hard drive disc i think sata in the new one ? can i put 2 hdds ? and can they work together ? 115862
  10. high end pc noob

in Windows 10 Support
    high end pc noob: i have pentium 4 and when i buy i7 can place my pentium4 hard drive disc i think sata in the new one ? can i put 2 hdds ? and can they work together ? 115862