Windows 10: Slow login with latest update

Discus and support Slow login with latest update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I initially installed Win10, it logged in with lightning speed (from the lock screen). After the update last weekend it takes longer to log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RobertS, Nov 18, 2015.

1. RobertS Win User

Slow login with latest update

When I initially installed Win10, it logged in with lightning speed (from the lock screen). After the update last weekend it takes longer to log in than it did with Win 7. or 8. Any suggestions to speed up login time?

I'm running Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.3), 64 bit

:)

RobertS, Nov 18, 2015

2. Windows 10 is too slow after update (KB3189031) and (KB3176938)

hi,

Yesterday (02/09/2016), windows 10 updates slowed down my laptop. Before that update, my login duration is just 5 to 7 seconds only. After that, I login duration takes 30 to 60 seconds and my laptop is also too slow to open any type of apps.

My latest updates are [ Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3189031) ] ,

[ Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176938) ].

Any idea, Please share me to improve my Laptop speed.

Hafeesh M D, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10

So I was very happy with my laptop because it's usually pretty speedy but after the latest Windows 10 update, it has slowed down tremendously. It takes like 2 minutes to start up just to get to the login page and then another 3-4 minutes after logging
    in to get the desktop up and ready to use. Before this latest update my laptop came on pretty much immediately to the login screen and then after that maybe a minute for the desktop to be up and ready. I've had a MS tech try to help fix it online and after
    hours it helped a little bit but a few weeks later it's still just as slow as ever. I'm really getting frustrated with Microsoft. Anybody have any solutions???

bingham121, Nov 18, 2015
  4. Slow login with latest update

Welcome to the forum mate.
    Slow login with latest update [​IMG]

Read through the links below, you may find it helpful.
    Please read it carefully in general, and particularly the last one on uninstalling Windows .Old.
    Backup your system before proceeding if you reckon you gonna need it at a later stage.

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    How to Make Your Windows 10 PC Boot Faster
    Windows 10: How to fix slow boot-up issues after free upgrade
    Windows.old Folder - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Pulcinella, Nov 21, 2015
  5. RobertS Win User
    Hi.

I'll certainly look at all this. My PC does start up very quickly - that's not the problem. The problem is that logging in is much slower than it was before the November update. I have tried disabling a number of items that are marked as slow in the task manager (startup tab), but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

RobertS, Nov 22, 2015
  6. I too have noticed that since 10586 (th_2) it takes longer to get to the desktop after logging in with a password or pin code. It is happening on both my hard-wired PCs and my wireless tablet.

Spidey1976, Nov 22, 2015
    << My PC does start up very quickly - that's not the problem. The problem is that logging in is much slower than it was before the November update.>>

RobertS

If by logging in you mean internet logging, you may have to look into your Network & Internet settings.
    I'm hardly an expert so cannot be much of a help.

You could make a specific google search like:
    Windows 10 slow Internet access.
    I get a lot of helpful links that way.

Hang in there someone will get back to you.

Slow login with latest update [​IMG]

Pulcinella, Nov 22, 2015
  8. RobertS Win User

Hi.

Sorry about ambiguity. "Logging in" refers to entering my password after booting up, and getting into my desktop. Not logging into the Internet.

RobertS, Nov 22, 2015
  9. it 1151 update there other out there with this issue, only thing i found to fix was go back to 10240 build

Windows login/welcome screen is being stalled or something.

went from 30 second boot time (system beep to desktop) to 50+ ( system beep to desktop) some people are seeing 1-2 minute boot times

I an lucky if 1 in 10 boots have the correct boot times. And no there are no problems with SSD or its speeds, It an OS issue

tsunami2311, Nov 22, 2015
  10. RobertS Win User
    I think that 1151 was a huge update, but my machine seemed to work better on the older build. I believe that you can just roll back to the older build.

RobertS, Nov 22, 2015
  11. No need to be sorry.
    Due to my limited knowledge on computer related matters I find it hard to communicate and give enough details of problems I encounter, hence, quite often my quires get 0 answer.
    Hope you get your answer soon.

Pulcinella, Nov 22, 2015
  12. You may have to, others are considering that also.
    Interesting reading:

Windows 10 v 1511 very slow login @ AskWoody.com

Pulcinella, Nov 22, 2015
  13. MAXIQ Win User

i had the same problem, after investigation, i found out the wireless network driver is the reason, i updated it, now i have normal startup timing.

MAXIQ, Nov 22, 2015
  14. It its not the dont have wireless on my PC and it not my nic causing either as tried them all

if updates where not forced then sure that would be do able but it not so i just deal with it and hope MS fixes

tsunami2311, Nov 22, 2015
  15. Same issue here. From pushing the button on my computer to being on the desktop ready to go used to take 7-10 seconds, depending on how fast I typed in my pin. After typing in my pin, I used to go to the desktop in less than 1 second. Now, after typing in my pin, it takes 20-30 seconds to go to the desktop. This is after the largest recent update, the gigantic update.

Godtactics, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Slow login with latest update - Similar Threads - Slow login latest

2. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update: Hello, we are experiencing a slow login issue on a different Surface Model running Windows 10 22H2. We found that when stopping the 'Readiness Service' and setting the startup type to 'disabled' and login process just goes quick. This is a good workaround for troubleshooting...
  3. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update: Hello, we are experiencing a slow login issue on a different Surface Model running Windows 10 22H2. We found that when stopping the 'Readiness Service' and setting the startup type to 'disabled' and login process just goes quick. This is a good workaround for troubleshooting...
  4. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Notepad Latest update slow to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad Latest update slow to load: After the latest update of notepad I found out it's loading slow it take about 5 to 10 seconds to show the anything.But my other pc is updated as the other one and is working great. So I don't know if it's the new update or my PC.I have windows 11 kasperskyadguard...
  6. Notepad Latest update slow to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Latest update slow to load: After the latest update of notepad I found out it's loading slow it take about 5 to 10 seconds to show the anything.But my other pc is updated as the other one and is working great. So I don't know if it's the new update or my PC.I have windows 11 kasperskyadguard...
  7. latest update slow down startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest update slow down startup: after latest update my pc take up to 3 min to start. I have a samsung 960 evo so it is ridiculous. Please fix this disaster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-slow-down-startup/06e5389d-c1be-4bd1-aa81-4e5e64edfc10
  8. Latest Windows update slowed Login

Latest Windows update slowed Login: Since the latest Windows 10 update my desktop computer, wifi connected, is much slower in booting up, It takes 3-4 times longer for the login screen to appear and then another delay after password is entered before the home screen finally comes up....
  9. Latest Update Slows Desktop Appearance

Latest Update Slows Desktop Appearance: Hi, Ran the latest update to version 2004 last night current version: 9.8.31681.0 and restarted. Login screen shows up fine, but when I log in, the spinning cursor on "Welcome" is suspiciously slow - then a black screen with a mouse cursor. I've tried Ctrl-Alt-Del and...
  10. slow boot after latest W10 updates

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after latest W10 updates: This morning after windows installed these updates my startup time increased significantly. I've had fast startup enabled. It stays on the welcome screen for at least 10 seconds 15598