Windows 10: Slow Logon Times with Domain Account

Discus and support Slow Logon Times with Domain Account in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, I use my work laptop as my personal machine. When I logon away from the domain it takes about 3 minutes of the verbose message "waiting for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MattWinSlayer, May 2, 2016.

1. Slow Logon Times with Domain Account

Hi all,

I use my work laptop as my personal machine. When I logon away from the domain it takes about 3 minutes of the verbose message "waiting for user profile service" before it will show the desktop. Any ideas how to change the time out period for how long it waits to find the DC before continuing the logon process?

I was a sys admin in a previous life but now a systems engineer and haven't had to meddle with this kind of group policy or local windows settings in a few years and google hasn't returned anything meaningful.

Thanks in advance.

:)

MattWinSlayer, May 2, 2016
  2. Padgett46 Win User

Sleep when Shut Down displayed.

Two of four devices (a desktop and tablet) running Windows 10 do this.

Start>Power>Shut Down is selected or the Power button is set to Shut Down and pressed. "Computer is Shutting Down" is displayed.

On reboot Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer>Windows Logs>System
    the final event during shutdown is an Informational saying "The system is entering sleep" and "Sleep Reason: Application API"

At the same time as the logoff it shows (Windows Logs>Security) a logoff of my user account/DWM-1 and a logon of System as DWM-2

Does anyone know why this Security account is logging on during logoff and the system is entering sleep instead of shut down ? So it can be reawakened maybe ?

Details of logon that takes place when shut down is requested:

===================

An account was successfully logged on.

Subject:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: <systemname>$

Account Domain: <domainname>

Logon ID: 0x3E7

Logon Information:

Logon Type: 5

Restricted Admin Mode: -

Virtual Account: No

Elevated Token: Yes

Impersonation Level: Impersonation

New Logon:

Account Name: SYSTEM

Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Linked Logon ID: 0x0

Network Account Name: -

Network Account Domain: -

Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Privileges: SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege

SeTcbPrivilege

SeSecurityPrivilege

SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege

SeLoadDriverPrivilege

SeBackupPrivilege

SeRestorePrivilege

SeDebugPrivilege

SeAuditPrivilege

SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege

SeImpersonatePrivilege

Special privileges assigned to new logon.

Subject:

Security ID: Window Manager\DWM-2

Account Name: DWM-2

Account Domain: Window Manager

Logon ID: 0x1C1928

Privileges: SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege

SeAuditPrivilege

SeImpersonatePrivilege

Padgett46, May 2, 2016
  3. Pparrot Win User
    Event viewer security logs

Hello,

Every time I login in to my laptop windows creates below logon log:

An account was successfully logged on.

Subject:

Account Name: DESKTOP-6KNLGLL$

Account Domain: WORKGROUP

Logon Information:

Logon Type: 5

Restricted Admin Mode: -

Virtual Account: No

Elevated Token: Yes

Impersonation Level: Impersonation

New Logon:

Account Name: SYSTEM

Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Linked Logon ID: 0x0

Network Account Name: -

Network Account Domain: -

Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Process Information:

Process ID: 0x354

Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\services.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name: -

Source Network Address: -

Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: Advapi

Authentication Package: Negotiate

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

Now I don't see any users with name:

Account Name: DESKTOP-6KNLGLL$

Account Domain: WORKGROUP

In the registry nor in users folder. Is it possible that this is a middle man sitting on my network? I did connect to an open network in

quite a few places. Probably i'm just a paranoid parrot but still curious where is this log comes from.

Could anyone shed some light? If you need the whole security logs I will post them right away.

Is it just updates service maybe? With NT authority?

thanks,

Regards,

* Moved from: Virus and Malware/Other/Scanning... /Windows 10

Pparrot, May 2, 2016
  4. Slow Logon Times with Domain Account

If you are connected wirelessly you should first check you internet connection signal.
    Start from this and if the laptop is Dell unistall the wirelless driver and let windows install it.
    Regards

nissimezra, May 3, 2016
  5. Always connected over the wireless. Internet at home is 40mb and I have Meru AC wifi, my internal card is dual stream AC.

Never use the Dell drivers, they don't get updated as often as the dedicated intel drivers.

The issue isnt the internet connection, I have 15mb internet at work and the logon happens within seconds and I get my desktop fairly instantly.

But at home or anywhere away from domain its 3 minutes with the message on screen showing "Waiting for user profile service"

Thanks anyway.

Matt

MattWinSlayer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Slow Logon Times with Domain Account

1. Slow Logon Times with Domain Account - Similar Threads - Slow Logon Times

2. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Show all domain users in the logon screen: Hey!I have a Windows 10 PC that is part of a domain and has multiple Microsoft Entra ID accounts installed.How can I display all of those accounts in the Windows Logon screen?Right now it only shows the last account that logged in, but typing the email every time I need to...
  3. Slow Windows Logon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Windows Logon: Hello, So I have been trying to figure out as to why it takes 10+ minutes from the time of entering my password, to the time I get to my desktop. Event viewer doesn't give any useful information as the only error is a DCOM connection timeout. I have made a second admin...
  4. "How to logon to another domain"

"How to logon to another domain": On Windows on the login screen for Windows, there is the option for the "Logon to another domain" so I added the computer to my AD list and tried to login and it said "the security database for this computer does not have a computer domain trust relationship" I'm just...
  5. Long logon time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long logon time: Winlogon warning (ID: 6006) in Event Viewer showed this: The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 178 second(s) to handle the notification event (Logon). I'm using a personal laptop with the newest build of Windows 10. I've searched the error on the Internet...
  6. Windows 10 hangup when other domain user logon time

Windows 10 hangup when other domain user logon time: In my organization recently i installed win 10 pro 64 and 32 bit and we are using domain network in our organization after joining domain network windows have something issues with the other user ( switch user ) example one user already login in windows if user is not using...
  7. Very slow logon time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow logon time.: Hello All, My users are experiencing a very slow logon that can last between 5 to 12 minutes, it normally gets stuck on a black screen but it always finish the logon process. This issue is intermittent and this is making things harder. I have a mix environment of laptops...
  8. Domain Admin account disabled, but one computer can still logon to it.

Domain Admin account disabled, but one computer can still logon to it.: In our network we have a domain admin account, but disabled it as it's for tech-support purposes only and should only be enabled when needed (in our case). However, even though it's disabled, a computer and probably more are still able to log into the account and bypass UAC....
  9. Slow domain logon on remote sites with slow connection/bandwidth

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow domain logon on remote sites with slow connection/bandwidth: Hello, we are coping with slow domain logon times on our Windows 10 clients. At our local site, where the domain controller are placed, there are no problems. The slow logon time only occurs at remote sites with a low bandwidth, and it's not only the "first" login to the...
  10. Slow logon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow logon: My Win 10 installation boots fine and fast, but once I've entered my password it sits there for another 10 seconds - longer than the boot - before the desktop arrives, which is really annoying. Is that the way it is, or is there anything I could try to change it? 22131