Windows 10: Slow Network Speed During File Transfer Unless Gaming

Discus and support Slow Network Speed During File Transfer Unless Gaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Frm: Windows 10, Asus Maximus III MoBo. Realtek Gig Network. Windows or Asus mb drivers, not sure. Through: Linksys gig switch to netgear gig... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShadowJack, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Slow Network Speed During File Transfer Unless Gaming

Frm: Windows 10, Asus Maximus III MoBo. Realtek Gig Network. Windows or Asus mb drivers, not sure.

Through: Linksys gig switch to netgear gig switch

To: Dell R710 with gig cards running Vsphere 6, to a default VM (1 cpu, 2 gigs ram) running CentOS 7.2

using Cygwin to use scp to transfer large (3 gigs or so each) files to a VM. scp -r * to a CIFS volume on the VM.

starts at 40 mb/s and slowly drops to 5 mb/s.

oddly, if I bring up Steam and play Doom II (old Dosbox game) my transfer kicks up to 80 mb/s. Rocksmith only gets to 65 mb/s and Carmageddon Reincarnation gets to 75 mb/s.

If I exit the game entirely, the speed slows back down to 5 mb/s until I start up a game.

I imagine it's something to do with the games taking over the system but it is puzzling.

:)

ShadowJack, Oct 28, 2016
  2. sherkhansherkhan, Oct 28, 2016
  3. Slow file transfer speeds while copying a file from a windows 10 machine to a windows 7 machine over a network.

Original Title: Slow file transfer speeds

I am getting 1Mb/s transfer speeds when copying a file from a windows 10 machine to a windows 7 machine, both machines are on a gigabit network and are running a 1 Gb/s.

any ideas what may be causing this. it started when I installed my windows 10.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Pierre Letourneau, Oct 28, 2016
Thema:

Slow Network Speed During File Transfer Unless Gaming

1. Slow Network Speed During File Transfer Unless Gaming - Similar Threads - Slow Network Speed

2. Slow copy and file transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow copy and file transfer speeds: 35,000 files 1.7gb. Taking days to transfer/copy. Ridiculously slow. No information regarding the exact mb/s or kb/s. It's 2024 can we speed it up a little Microsoft?...
  3. Slow copy and file transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow copy and file transfer speeds: 35,000 files 1.7gb. Taking days to transfer/copy. Ridiculously slow. No information regarding the exact mb/s or kb/s. It's 2024 can we speed it up a little Microsoft?...
  4. speed of file transfers suddenly slow down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speed of file transfers suddenly slow down: Hello , I bought my new laptop 1 month ago . I have lenovo ideapad 3 gaming with rtx 3060 , windows 11 , 256gb ssd , 1tb hdd . i have an issue that my file transfer is very slow and i think it's after the update or i don't know what causes this problem . so help me to solve...
  5. speed of file transfers suddenly slow down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speed of file transfers suddenly slow down: Hello , I bought my new laptop 1 month ago . I have lenovo ideapad 3 gaming with rtx 3060 , windows 11 , 256gb ssd , 1tb hdd . i have an issue that my file transfer is very slow and i think it's after the update or i don't know what causes this problem . so help me to solve...
  6. Slow Network Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Network Speed: I am helping a friend with her old laptop running Windows 10 Home 64 bit and she has a very slow Internet connection, less than 10Mbps on average. She is paying her ISP for a service called Internet 300 which means she should be getting a download speed of around 200 Mbps. I...
  7. Ridiculously slow transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ridiculously slow transfer speeds: I have been having an issue with file transfers starting at 300MB/s then tapering down to around 20-30MB/s (as low as 6MB/s on the Firecuda) This is based on a 26.4 GB folder of Karaoke files (CDG & MP3 only). This seems ridiculously slow to me. I am not sure how to tell if...
  8. Slow write speed of transfer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow write speed of transfer: My dell 7577 core I7 1050ti model has a slow transfer speed. I transferred a 5 gigabyte file to an external USB 3.1 Kingston DT50 and I got write speed of 8 MB/s. and the read speed was capped at 21 MB/s although I used to get at least 80 MB/s read speed. Please help!...
  9. Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed

Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed: Windows 10 Pro Build: 1709 OS Build: 16299.309 I have three pc's on my home network. One had windows 10 from the factory the other two were Win 7 and 8.1 and all were experiencing 70-90MB/sec file transfer speeds. My internet was and still is 60MB/sec. After upgrading to...
  10. File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random

File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random: ok folks.......i am begging someone on here to help me - on the verge of going back to windows 7. Tried everything. help me. please. i have an x99 chipset pc, i7 5820k, 16gb ram, gtx nvidia 970 - its a good pc (meant to be anyway............). it's connected directly...