Windows 10: Slow new laptop

Discus and support Slow new laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, as the title says, I just got a new laptop, bought like 3 or 4 days ago, its not mine but its the one I use. Its an Acer Aspire ES 15 with an AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fobofo15, Jul 21, 2016.

1. fobofo15 Win User

Slow new laptop

Hi, as the title says, I just got a new laptop, bought like 3 or 4 days ago, its not mine but its the one I use. Its an Acer Aspire ES 15 with an AMD Quad core A86410 2Ghz, 12 GB DDR3 L Ram, an AMD Radeon R5 Graphics card and a normal HDD at 5400 rpm. I know that HDDs are slow but counting that its a new laptop and it doesnt have that baaaaaaad hardware, its so frustrating that I can't even play League of Legends at the minimum, even browser games run slow.

What could be and what could I do? Thanks!

:)

fobofo15, Jul 21, 2016

2. windows 10 on lenovo laptop and now it is slow slow slow

I downloaded windows 10 on my new lenovo laptop and now it is slow slow slow. and the screen doesn't automatically rotate. if i turn on the new tablet setting it's even s---l--o---w--er. I'm planning on reverting back to formal settings unless there is
    some easy fixe to speed my laptop up again. thanks

Russell914, Jul 21, 2016
  3. new lenovo laptop is slow

Hi there i jut bought a brand new lenovo core i5 7th generation_geforce 6gb ram and 1TB HD

it is very slow from time to time i check and i see no change ,what i should do

me&me_925, Jul 21, 2016
  4. Slow new laptop

Method 1: Try updating the graphics card drivers and check if it works.
    Follow the steps to update the graphics card driver:
    a. Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    b. Search for Display Adapters.
    c. Right-click on the Graphics Card and click on Update Driver Software.

Method 2: Install the games in Compatibility Mode.
    Follow the link below to install the games in Compatibility Mode.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ams-compatible

Hope this helps,
    John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

Slow new laptop

1. Slow new laptop - Similar Threads - Slow laptop

2. Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging: Hello,I have an issue with my PC running Windows 11. I notice a significant slowdown of the CPU, with lag and freeze, when the computer is charging. This happens even with the original charger a 45 Watt USB C type.As soon as I unplug the charger, the PC resumes functioning...
  3. Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging: Hello,I have an issue with my PC running Windows 11. I notice a significant slowdown of the CPU, with lag and freeze, when the computer is charging. This happens even with the original charger a 45 Watt USB C type.As soon as I unplug the charger, the PC resumes functioning...
  4. My window 11 became window 10 automatically and my laptop have been working slow and some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My window 11 became window 10 automatically and my laptop have been working slow and some...: Please help me my laptop is lagging and some of my data has gone. Basically 2 days ago my laptop got freeze while using and I clicked on shutdown button and I clicked it several time and then somehow BIOS setup open and I don't remember carefully but I think I clicked option...
  5. My window 11 became window 10 automatically and my laptop have been working slow and some...

My window 11 became window 10 automatically and my laptop have been working slow and some...: Please help me my laptop is lagging and some of my data has gone. Basically 2 days ago my laptop got freeze while using and I clicked on shutdown button and I clicked it several time and then somehow BIOS setup open and I don't remember carefully but I think I clicked option...
  6. Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft: Someone please help!! After I downloaded a free cracked Minecraft from a link in YT , my acer laptop was working perfectly fine and it was running smoothly, but then the next day when I turned my laptop on, It started lagging a lot, my apps are taking so slow to open and when...
  7. Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft: Someone please help!! After I downloaded a free cracked Minecraft from a link in YT , my acer laptop was working perfectly fine and it was running smoothly, but then the next day when I turned my laptop on, It started lagging a lot, my apps are taking so slow to open and when...
  8. Help!! My laptop is running slow after downloading a cracked minecraft

9. Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...: Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update would not work. Now it’s been stuck at 62% the window displays — Preparing to reset, Status: Preparing to reset. It’s been stuck on 62% status for over 60 minutes. I don’t know what to do....
  10. Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...

Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...: Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update would not work. Now it’s been stuck at 62% the window displays — Preparing to reset, Status: Preparing to reset. It’s been stuck on 62% status for over 60 minutes. I don’t know what to do....