Windows 10: Slow Peformance in Firestorm Viewer (Secondlife at times)

Discus and support Slow Peformance in Firestorm Viewer (Secondlife at times) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All So far done the following tasks are Clean install of Firestorm viewer--Check sfc /scannow--check, no violations found on last scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AMDMan2016, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Slow Peformance in Firestorm Viewer (Secondlife at times)

Hi All

So far done the following tasks are

Clean install of Firestorm viewer--Check
    sfc /scannow--check, no violations found on last scan
    Windows Defender offline scan--check, nothing found
    Malwarebytes full scan--check
    updated video drivers--check
    removed startup programs and games didn't need--check
    Disk cleanup ran
    (gotta do chkdsk yet, will schedule that and get that done)

Only happens in one area, i'm thinking could be possibly the scripts in the items, but not sure, all I know is it's frustrating, as gets to the point where I can't even type without relogging, then it's fine for a while, Do I just have to live with it? if so I will, also restarted Comcast gateway modem, (am hard wired, 1gb) I think so far I tried everything I could, unless I missed something

:)

AMDMan2016, Oct 24, 2016

2. w10 and firestorm viewer for second life

i was on firestorm viewer in secondlife used it no problem till yesterday when it stopped working,had a pop up saying it wont work on my version of windows so I uninstalled and did a clean reinstall and it worked for a while then stopped, so I reinstalled
    about 3 times but same happens, I did a scan then a scan with malwarebyts and all is clear,, so I then got the 32 bit firestorm that worked for a while then that to stopped, I get a error code 0xc0000020 I am at a lost as what to do, why all of a sudden has
    it stopped working when its been great for 3 years,? I need help I'm no expert,

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures / PC]

jillytopaz wasp, Oct 24, 2016
  3. kentlink Win User
    Device Manager Very Slow to Display Devices

Hi,

I am having a problem where the device manager takes up to 45 minutes to display the contents of the window. And when it does, if I touch things in the window, it refreshes and takes as long again to re-display. There seem to be other related issues on the
    computer, for example, when I launch Firestorm to run SecondLife, it displays "Identifying Hardware" and then pauses for a very long time before continuing. It seems that anything that tries to access the device list is very slow. I don't know if it is related,
    but Chrome is very slow to launch too.

Do you have any suggestions for how I can resolve this?

Thank you

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

kentlink, Oct 24, 2016
Thema:

Slow Peformance in Firestorm Viewer (Secondlife at times)

1. Slow Peformance in Firestorm Viewer (Secondlife at times) - Similar Threads - Slow Peformance Firestorm

2. Whea Unrecoverable Error when playing Secondlife

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whea Unrecoverable Error when playing Secondlife: I keep running into ‘Whea Unrecoverable Error’ when playing Secondlife. Me screen goes blue and I see this error message. Can it be connected with Wndows installed on the SSD?...
  3. Windows 10 picture viewer Slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 picture viewer Slow: I have facing an issue, the windows 10 picture viewer loading very slow, seem like hang. take > 10 mins to load a picture It was happen on the first day i get my new PC.. my harddisk is HDD. beside than open picture slow. the windows File Explorer Win + E it will be...
  4. Firestorm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firestorm: BFV Battle Royale, I'm looking forward to it *Cool y-JB-O8A-TA 128932
  5. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: Entering into the game works prefect; however once selections are made and the game begins, response time is impossible. Clicking onto a number called, or the thermostat climbing and clicking onto it is the problem. Is there a solution to this issue?...
  6. Peformance Report Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Peformance Report Question: Shouldn't my Intel I7 7700 still be good, System reports all poor things on the report which is strange *Note Do have other programs running, the following is Spotify, Avast Antivirus Free, Firestormx64 (Secondlife viewer), not sure if that is cause of the performance...
  7. Cannot Access 1 Website it appears--Firestorm Secondlife viewer site

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Access 1 Website it appears--Firestorm Secondlife viewer site: Hi All Ok So far Factory reset modem, contacted Comcast support, (they suggested a newer gateway), but trying not avoid that if I can, Ran virus scan and Malwarebytes scan nothing, always Page cannot be displayed message from Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome Site is...
  8. second life firestorm viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    second life firestorm viewer: I am trying to install the new version of firestorm 64-5-0-11-53634, but it fails to install stopping with error unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). I have tried all the fixes i can find by googling and the fix suggested on firestorm wiki, but nothing makes it work. Other...
  9. Second Life - Firestorm Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Life - Firestorm Viewer: Like many 'builders', I have experienced and heard of numerous issues using the FIRESTORM viewer. after uploading Windows 10. These include: losing password. 'settings' revert back to default. extremely slow frame rates and response times. Unable to log-in. Having...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow: So ever since I got windows 10 the Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow in opening images. Takes literally like 3-4 seconds til it opens when on Windows7 it used to be instant. Anyone know how to fix this? 21632