Windows 10: Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.

Discus and support Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently bought a new laptop, Acer E5-575G with good specs. It has an Intel i5 7200U, 4GB of RAM, 2GB Nvidia 940MX and 1TB hard drive. It came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by vikaskharkwal, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.

I recently bought a new laptop, Acer E5-575G with good specs. It has an Intel i5 7200U, 4GB of RAM, 2GB Nvidia 940MX and 1TB hard drive. It came with DOS pre-installed so I had to install Windows 10 myself. All was fine until updating to the Fall Creators Update. Booting time takes over a minute now and I have to wait another minute after logging into Windows to load up the icons properly before opening any app. Opening any app takes over 30 seconds. Opening games that ran perfectly on my laptop before update take a long time to launch and load. My older laptop which is a Sony Vaio with Intel i3 2330M, 6GB RAM (came with 2GB), 512MB Nvidia 410M and 320GB hard drive (which is almost full) is on the same build but runs fine without any slowdown.

I read somewhere that resetting my OS can fix this issue but it didn't work. I have already done a clean install of the creators update and still its the same. Running Linux on live image is fast but running Windows that is installed on my hard drive is really sluggish.

I have already disabled Windows 10 services like Superfetch, Cortana (used gpedit.msc for Cortana but still shows up in the task manager), etc. I have also disabled unimportant startup applications. Nothing has worked so far. All my drivers are up-to-date with the ones on the Acer's site.

Edition: Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 1709
    OS Build: 16299.125

:)

vikaskharkwal, Jan 29, 2018
  2. RichB10 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update slow boot - Prefetch stopped working?

I love how I provided some really detailed observations, a possible likely cause, and mentioned that I get the same behaviour across
    all of my unconnected PCs, and when Microsoft finally appear, all I get is a "Just format and reinstall yo".

Other

people

are

reporting

the

same

behaviour
    . Please read my report and see if you can reproduce the issue. Thanks.

RichB10, Jan 29, 2018
  3. Enneptt Win User
    Computer stuttering and freezing after the latest update

it has something to do with the creators update, A LOT of other gamers have been saying this, like this, my gaming laptop ran perfectly before the creators update and now explorer.exe is crashing on my gaming laptop every 5 min and performance in most of
    my games have drastically gone down, no solutions yet tho, you can look at this tho

Windows 10 creators update slows down pc

Enneptt, Jan 29, 2018
  4. Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.

Open an elevated Command Prompt, type the following and hit Enter to run the Performance Troubleshooter.

Code: msdt.exe /id PerformanceDiagnostic[/quote] This troubleshooter helps the user adjust settings to improve operating system speed and performance.

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  5. This troubleshooter helps the user adjust settings to improve operating system speed and performance.[/quote] I tried this already, but this shows up.

Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update. [​IMG]

6. Was the computer fast when you clean install Windows 10 without any third-party applications installed?

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  7. The normal usage was fast (not as fast as that of any other clean install) but boot time was the same. After installing few apps necessary apps the response time was unaffected for a few days. But after a few days it became a bit slow. Now that I have disabled Cortana, response time for actions in apps is good but still boot time and app opening time is slow. The computer is unusable for almost a minute as it seems like its loading up after logging in.

8. Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.

Can you please check and see if issue resolves within Safe Mode?

Where did you get the Windows 10 Installation Media is it legit?

When you said you have clean installed Windows 10 did you delete all the partitions?

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  9. zinou Win User
    Hi,

Disabling the superfetch service on system with a HDD disk is not a good idea it can make performance worse !It seems that you performance issue is caused by a driver that need to be updated to be compatible with the CU. try to update your drivers, begin with the graphic card driver. If updating your driver will not solve the problem, you can take a boot trace using Windows Performance Recoder so that we can identify precisely what's causing you problem;

-Download and Install windows Performance Toolkit https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ed/adk-install . Choose the package corresponding to your Windows version.
    -Record a trace using Windows Performance Recorder using these options: JustPaste.it - Share Text & Images the Easy Way
    -Compress the resulting file
    - Shareit through TransferNowor any other file sharing platform.

I'llanalyze your trace file and give you a feedback.

See you…

zinou, Jan 31, 2018
  10. I already have the latest drivers from my manufacturer. I even tried to get latest drivers using driver booster in a previous installation but that didn't work out. Here is the link for the boot trace.

Download - TransferNow

vikaskharkwal, Feb 1, 2018
  11. Booting in Safe Mode does not resolve the issue. It is a bit slow even in the Safe Mode.

I downloaded it using the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft.

I backed up all my data from other local partitions to my external drive and reformatted all partitions while doing a clean install.

12. Please download and run SeaTools for Windows.

Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.

1. Once the installation begins SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer.

2. Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found. Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on. This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.

3. You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options. Please click on Long Generic Test

4. This will start the scan. When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

5. The test will indicate either Pass or Fail. Post the results of the scan in your topic.

6. Click on Help, then click on View Log File. If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2018
  13. Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.

My drive passed the scan.

14. Open the Command Prompt by typing cmd.exe into Start Menu, right-click on Cmd.exe, and open it as an administrator.

Execute following command:

Code: perfmon /report[/quote]
    The perfmon /report command will collect performance data for 60 seconds and then generates and displays a system diagnostics report.

Please export the report to HTML format and upload the HTML file to file sharing site and give us the download link.

FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2018
  15. The perfmon /report command will collect performance data for 60 seconds and then generates and displays a system diagnostics report.

Please export the report to HTML format and upload the HTML file to file sharing site and give us the download link.[/quote] Here's the report,

Download - TransferNow

Thema:

Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.

1. Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update. - Similar Threads - Slow performance laptop

2. Windows 10 Slow Network Performance After Updating

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Slow Network Performance After Updating: My download performance has gone to **** with the latest updates for Windows 10, and I only have one computer on my network that I keep 100% updated. The rest I only update infrequently since I'm the only user. That one machine that's always up to date is stuck downloading at...
  3. Laptop Slow Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Slow Performance: Hello, I have an old HP Pavilion iCore 3 laptop which I bought in 2010. All good and upgraded to Windows 10 but it starts real slow and I have a lot of registry errors. Have Norton installed and clean it up regularly but I need my PC to run a lot faster and improve its...
  4. Slow laptop performance

Slow laptop performance: Hi, these days my laptop's running slower than usual. it's harder to open apps quickly, and apps like Telegram Desktop take a few minutes to open and that's a trouble waiting for it to open and always refreshing the desktop. I need my laptop to perform more faster and...
  5. HP4730s slow boot and slow performance after windows 10 update

HP4730s slow boot and slow performance after windows 10 update: My computer has performed happily on windows 10 until the latest update this week, it is now almost unusable. Anybody have an answer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp4730s-slow-boot-and-slow-performance-after/a51cb924-5bf0-4e33-834b-85fb2a90da6c
  6. Slow performance after Windows 10 1903 update

Slow performance after Windows 10 1903 update: I installed update 1903 and now my PC is not only running slower but on startup it takes forever getting the wait circle. In addition to that I am missing the ability of using screen saver pointing to my picture folder. I get an error saying photo gallery has to be set up....
  7. Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues: Okay so I installed the creators update 2 days ago and my "gaming" pc's performace is slower than ever. I also checked the cpu workload when I play certain games and it has DOUBLED since I updated. I can literally feel how slow my pc got even when im only browsing the web. I...
  8. Windows 10 slow after manually updating to Creators Update

Windows 10 slow after manually updating to Creators Update: Hello, I have noticed some serious slowdowns on my computer since I updated to creators update. Before the update, my PC was flying lighting fast. I often kept it on power saving mode and it still did not show any sings of slowing down. I always keep my laptop up to date...
  9. Creators Update performance issues

Creators Update performance issues: Hello everyone, I've bought a completely new rig, my specs are below: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P i7-7700k 32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX 250GB System SSD Samsung EVO 850 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB On this I've installed the new creators update of Win10 Pro, and without...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update Games Performance Tweak

Windows 10 Creators Update Games Performance Tweak: Some games after CU Update was stuttering like hell, so I've tried all, disable Game Bar, Game Mode... no fix. And Microsoft employee answered my post on reddit saying to untick "Show Game Bar on fullscreen games verified by Microsoft" on "Settings > Games > Game Bar" not...