Windows 10: Slow Performance out of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Slow Performance out of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; As of late, my computer has gotten so slow. Even on Microsoft Edge, the browser constantly hangs and says it's not responding. Sometimes it will even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Slow Performance out of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

As of late, my computer has gotten so slow. Even on Microsoft Edge, the browser constantly hangs and says it's not responding. Sometimes it will even crash.

I have scanned everything with MBAM, SAS, and my antivirus program and they found no threats and still no sign of any performance gain. I have even optimized my disk with Disk Cleanup and ran the Defragmenter. No help whatsoever.

I am really getting tired of the problems with Windows 10. I am a big Microsoft fan, but enough is enough.

Please help!

:)

Jesse Williams, Jan 18, 2016
  2. Pavan1709 Win User

Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I would like to inform that Microsoft edge is safer to use, however if you are experiencing slow performance like page loading slow unable to open sites you can optimize Microsoft edge by deleting cookies history.

Refer the link below for more information.

Microsoft Edge, Browserdaten und Datenschutz – Microsoft Datenschutz

Thanks

Pavan1709, Jan 18, 2016
  3. New Windows 10 Update - Bad Performance

I updated to the newest Windows 10 product yesterday. Microsoft Edge is using 50% of my CPU and nearly 100% of my memory. Performance is impossible. Loading anything takes forever or never gets loaded. There are 73 service host processes loaded. They
    take a small bit of the CPU and about 10% of the memory. RUNNING SLOW/SLOW/SLOW....

JAMES HLAMB, Jan 18, 2016
  4. ladyovr60 Win User

Slow Performance out of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

I'm having the exact same problem!! It is so irritating!!*Mad Can anybody help us?

ladyovr60, Jan 18, 2016
  5. I did a system reset on mine. However, now I can't get it download any applications after the reset.

Jesse Williams, Jan 18, 2016
  6. rfruth Win User
    I have to "clear history" in Edge every once in awhile - seems to help

rfruth, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Slow Performance out of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

1. Slow Performance out of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Slow Performance Microsoft

2. Slow performance out of no where

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow performance out of no where: I bought this big msi pc 3 years ago and it has been working quite well and i have been able to play all kinds of games, because of the good hardware in the pc. But that all changed about a week ago where i started having performance issues while playing games. Everything on...
  3. Slow performance out of no where

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow performance out of no where: I bought this big msi pc 3 years ago and it has been working quite well and i have been able to play all kinds of games, because of the good hardware in the pc. But that all changed about a week ago where i started having performance issues while playing games. Everything on...
  4. Microsoft Edge is getting a performance mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is getting a performance mode on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is an incredible desktop browser, packing basically all important features available on the market today. Microsoft is now working on a new feature called “performance mode”, designed specifically for performance, especially when you’re gaming or using other...
  5. slow performance Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow performance Windows 10: Mohammed Shuaib provides great info for improving my computer performance. I removed temp files and edited the start-up functions. Still, things seem slow. Is there more I can do?...
  6. Windows 10 slow performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 slow performance: Hi all, So I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro and now I'm getting hit with issues from slow performance to weird glitches on my desktop. Chkdsk found no issues, apart from SFC /SCANNOW repairing a corrupted file. When Windows boots up it exhibits weird behavior that I've never...
  7. Windows 10 Slow Performance

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Slow Performance: Recently, I have Updated windows, as well as many hardware drivers, I often clear my cache memory, And right now, i don't have much software installed, I have already disabled unwanted startup programmes, but still, i somewhere feel that my laptop is slow. My Laptop Has:-...
  8. Windows 10 slow performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow performance: It takes a while to open my Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browser. Ditto, opening up a different types of files. I have 64 bit operating system....4.00 GB DDR3L1600 MHz RAM...…...1 TB 5400 RPM hard drive. I have XFinity Wi-Fi Internet. I keep the computer clean running...
  9. Microsoft Edge speed/performance

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge speed/performance: I've seen several people state that they've noticed that Edge now performs better than Chrome and that they feel like it's faster. I've used Chrome as my default for years and always found it to be lightning fast. I don't find Edge to be slow necessarily, but when compared to...
  10. Microsoft Edge performance and efficiency

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge performance and efficiency: For many people who have almost exclusively used Modern and Desktop IE, do you guys notice that Microsoft Edge consumes far more RAM and much higher idle CPU usage than Modern/Desktop IE? One way to test this is to open cnn.com on both browsers one at a time and observe...