Windows 10: slow performance post-book ... I have tried so much

Discus and support slow performance post-book ... I have tried so much in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear all, I acquired a new PC (Dell Precision, powerful) last year and I have yet to switch to using it. It came with W8.1 and the free "upgrade"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mrodent, Mar 29, 2016.

1. mrodent Win User

slow performance post-book ... I have tried so much

Dear all,

I acquired a new PC (Dell Precision, powerful) last year and I have yet to switch to using it.

It came with W8.1 and the free "upgrade" to W10. I did disk images of the pristine initial state (8.1), and of the immediate state post the upgrade to W10. The latter was like wading through treacle. I went back to 8.1: not much better.

I "reset/reloaded/" the W10 setup, and installed again ... and got something I thought was OK.

I'm now in a quandary: I've installed tons of vital software and configured it... and I still find that it takes 9 s for my W10 to load up Firefox (using Autohotkey command Win+I, as configured by me).

This compares to 2 s on my current machine with W7.

I notice that booting is longer than I'd like, but it actually appears to be the process *after* booting which is the headache. It takes forever to "settle down", with the hard drive light flashing for minutes after booting.

I have visited numerous sites about how to improve the boot/general performance with W10... nothing seems to work. It is clear to me that the machine is doing something (what?) when it should just be doing the stuff I want.

Any ideas before I ditch everything and buy a W7 install disk?

:)

mrodent, Mar 29, 2016
  2. ADAMB3 Win User

Download speeds So slow MS Store {I have tried ms troubleshooter}

Thanks sorry for my salty question.

ADAMB3, Mar 29, 2016
  3. ADAMB3 Win User
    Download speeds So slow MS Store {I have tried ms troubleshooter}

why is MS Store download speed SO SLOW!!

And why are we Forced to use it, When its obviously not up to the task.

Will i be told to use the trouble shooter?

place your BEATS.

ADAMB3, Mar 29, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi mrodent and welcome to Tenforums.

Please fill in your system specs, so people can help you better.
    Try turning off Fast Startup, and give the system a few real shutdowns/startups (not restarts).
    Finally, if you have any OEM bloatware, you might try uninstalling everything you don't need.
    Also, if you'd let us know what you've tried already, it would prevent duplication.

simrick, Mar 29, 2016
Thema:

1. slow performance post-book ... I have tried so much - Similar Threads - slow performance post

2. I have tried so much to try and get this BSOD fixed and i have no idea anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have tried so much to try and get this BSOD fixed and i have no idea anymore.: I don't exactly know what to ask at this point, but here's a minidump that I hope you can access.I really need any kind of advice at this point.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OIPemRjdKURioB9clD-KxEhrjGszrokZ/view?usp=drive_link...
  3. I have tried so much to try and get this BSOD fixed and i have no idea anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have tried so much to try and get this BSOD fixed and i have no idea anymore.: I don't exactly know what to ask at this point, but here's a minidump that I hope you can access.I really need any kind of advice at this point.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OIPemRjdKURioB9clD-KxEhrjGszrokZ/view?usp=drive_link...
  4. PC performance so slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC performance so slow: Hello,I just want to ask how can I upgrade my PC performance. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and it's super fast prior to that, I got 8gb ram and i5 processor. I thought I just needed to upgrade my ram, but it doesn't work either. What to do?...
  5. PC performance so slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC performance so slow: Hello,I just want to ask how can I upgrade my PC performance. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and it's super fast prior to that, I got 8gb ram and i5 processor. I thought I just needed to upgrade my ram, but it doesn't work either. What to do?...
  6. PC performance so slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. how do I have so much storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I have so much storage?: [ATTACH] I searched for the maximum specifications on my laptop and the maximum storage hp provides with my laptop is around 240GB. My laptop model-HP Laptop 15g-dx0xxx I am using amd ryzen 5 2500u processor and radeon vega 8 graphics. If I am doing something that's...
  8. Why is my PC performance so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my PC performance so slow?: [ATTACH]My HDD is running very slowly and I ran diagnostics and I got this warning - any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-performance-so-slow/64fd15f3-969d-439d-bff5-283a4d426f68
  9. I have tried so much but windows won't boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have tried so much but windows won't boot: I am using ISO 1909 and created a bootable USB through MacOS. Used this tutorial https://alexlubbock.com/bootable-windows-usb-on-mac. I had to split the install.wim file since it was too big. I used the MS-Dos (Fat32) format for the usb. I stick in the usb and it goes into...
  10. Won't book, won't post

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't book, won't post: Hi. I have problems I came to my pc today, and it wouldn't boot. After numerous attempts, and failure to enter the BIOS, I was shown the refresh/repair /reset page. I tried refresh, that did not resolve the issue. After a few more attempts to boot, I got that choice...