Windows 10: Slow restart and boot

Discus and support Slow restart and boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys...Any solution about slow restart and boot ? 63858 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thanos92, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Thanos92 Win User

Slow restart and boot

Hello guys...Any solution about slow restart and boot ?

:)

Thanos92, Sep 15, 2016

2. slow booting of system and unable to restart

Hi Chisom,

Thank you for your response.

Method 1:To diagnose the problem whether any third party program or application is causing the conflict, I would suggest you to try “clean boot” and check if it
    helps.

Placing your system in “Clean Boot” state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Try to reboot the system and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Run a full computer scan with the Microsoft Safety Scanner to make sure that the computer is virus free.

Microsoft Safety Scanner, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 15, 2016
  3. slow booting of system and unable to restart

Hello community, I really appreciate your fast response to my request but I'm sorry to inform u that the procedure u gave to me in other to fix the slow booting didn't work. It still slow boots and it's as if nothing has been done abt that. Please I really
    need your assistance to help me fix this issue. Thanks guys, lots of Love...

ChisomReflex, Sep 15, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Slow restart and boot

More information is needed.

bro67, Sep 15, 2016
  5. Thanos92 Win User
    When restart the PC wait a long time to welcome screen and the same when start up the PC

Thanos92, Sep 15, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    See post #2.

bro67, Sep 15, 2016
  7. Thanos92 Win User
    What info you want mate ? I have Windows 20 PRO and i Upgrade from Windows 8.
    In Windows 8 the boot its very quicly.

Thanos92, Sep 15, 2016
  8. Slow restart and boot

You could start by filling up your system specs.

Booting speed is usually associated with AHCI/SATA Controller driver. Make sure, you are using using the updated driver, not the default Microsoft driver. Again filling up your motherboard info would help.

You can use Driver Easy Free to check for drivers, but download them elsewhere, once you know, what you are missing.

TairikuOkami, Sep 15, 2016
  9. Thanos92 Win User
    My pc specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
    Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit
    BIOS Version American Megatrends Inc. P1.70
    RAM 8 GB

where can I see what motherboard i have?

And please tell me how i know if my motherboard need driver and the same for my i7.

Tell me this drivers missing:

Slow restart and boot [​IMG]

Thanos92, Sep 15, 2016
  10. TairikuOkami, Sep 15, 2016
  11. Thanos92 Win User
    I install the first and restart the PC.
    The second find this

I install it. Right?

Thanos92, Sep 15, 2016
  12. It found the INF Utility, because you do not have it installed yet, at first install it, restart, then use the update utility.

TairikuOkami, Sep 15, 2016
  13. Thanos92 Win User

Slow restart and boot

Now i think the boot its more quicly...Do you think the driver i install do it the job ? *Biggrin

Thanos92, Sep 15, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    When did you get Windows 20? Everyone is still using Windows 10. Joking aside, when you did the in place upgrade, your machine will have left over garbage for going from old to new OS. It is a known problem with Windows 10. Do a Clean Install with Windows 10 and then install your software.

bro67, Sep 16, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    Most likely not. Put the drivers on a Thumb Drive if you still have the downloaded files and then do a clean install and everything should go fine.

bro67, Sep 16, 2016
Thema:

Slow restart and boot

1. Slow restart and boot - Similar Threads - Slow restart boot

2. Slow boot, only when restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot, only when restart: I've been struggling with this problem for several days on a Windows 10 computer. If I shut down the computer, unplug the power cable and plug it back in, and power up, it boots in just a few seconds. If I restart, it shows a black screen for about 110 seconds, and then boots...
  3. Slow boot, only when restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow boot, only when restart: I've been struggling with this problem for several days on a Windows 10 computer. If I shut down the computer, unplug the power cable and plug it back in, and power up, it boots in just a few seconds. If I restart, it shows a black screen for about 110 seconds, and then boots...
  4. Slow boot, only when restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. slow boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow boot: hello everyone, the build number of the system is 19042.546 ssd on the slot m2 is patriot viper vpn 100 1 TB i am sending the file from windows performance recorder it happens from the second start after a clean installation link here...
  6. Windows 10 no boot, no restart, slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 no boot, no restart, slow: Hello, guys... I have new gaming PC at beginning I had sometimes a little problem, which was solved by restart. Now... whenever I try to start PC, the windows 10 takes 3minutes to load,... when I try restart, it takes 5minutes sometimes it doesnt even load and the circle is...
  7. Windows 10 - Booting & Restarting computer REAL slow

Windows 10 - Booting & Restarting computer REAL slow: Hey Microsoft. Right now I'm using an--- ASUS model Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.70 GHz 4.00 GB RAM computer. (Yeah, pretty not needed) BUT my laptop is booting really slowly. So it's loading at the "Windows 8/8.1/10...
  8. Update slow then bam no boot after restart.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update slow then bam no boot after restart.: Hi Just ran WU today with 3 updates on 10 TP in VMware player, the updates were stuck at 66% for ages then completed and said a restart was scheduled. so I restarted straight away. After the restart the screen said configuring Windows with updates 30% then rebooted....
  9. Fast boot, slow restart

Fast boot, slow restart: Hi, I'm a bit confused: Everytime I power on the computer, it takes about 15 seconds for my Windows 10 to load, that is, from the moment the logo appears on the screen, until the wallpaper shows. However, when i restart, it takes more time to load (about 1 min and 10...
  10. slow boot/shutdown/restart

slow boot/shutdown/restart: I have a lenovo ideapad z510 with a Sandisk Ultra II 120 GB as the main disk and a second 1TB HDD instead of the DVDwr, my problem is that it takes ~ 25-30 seconds to boot/shutdown/restart according to Event Viewer, and considering the Ultra II specs that's a lot, it...