Windows 10: Slow Scroll Speed in Web Browser

Discus and support Slow Scroll Speed in Web Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just noticed this today and it's bothering me a lot. Dell Inspiron Laptop, 13 inch. i7, 256 SSD, 8 GB of RAM, Whenever I scroll with my touch... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by zomboromano, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Slow Scroll Speed in Web Browser

I just noticed this today and it's bothering me a lot.

Dell Inspiron Laptop, 13 inch. i7, 256 SSD, 8 GB of RAM,

Whenever I scroll with my touch screen it scrolls extremely slow. It is slow whether I'm in tablet mode or not.

I'm used to being on an android phone and being able to zoom through facebook, or any website. I put my finger on the screen and flick upward pretty quickly and can zoom through pages. If I'm not mistaken, I have done this in the past on my laptop with no issues.

On the right hand side, if I use my mouse and click on the scroll bar, it will scroll extremely fast.

But no forum, facebook, on edge or chrome will scroll fast at all. The speed is slow.

I went to mouse and touchpad settings and turned it up to scroll many pages at a time, changed the cursor speed, I turned off the touchscreen and back on, restarted the computer, used dell update/windows update to check for updates, and I even enabled, and disabled smooth scrolling for chrome. no dice.

Any ideas on how to make web browsers faster with the touch screen scrolling?

:)

zomboromano, Feb 24, 2017
  2. Powwers16 Win User

Edge Browser and Scrolling Speed

I recently bought a new Dell Inspiron laptop and have had trouble with slow 2 finger scrolling speed in the Edge browser. I've tried changing the scrolling speed in the control panel and in the system settings which changes the scrolling speed in other
    browsers like Chrome, but has no effect in Edge. What can I do to fix it?

Powwers16, Feb 24, 2017
  3. phongxuxu Win User
    Nokia N8 Web browser

Will Nokia Dev. improve the speed of browsing of the web browser???? it's kind of slow and very bad. I've you the browser from android phone, there are very fast.

phongxuxu, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Slow Scroll Speed in Web Browser

TairikuOkami, Mar 4, 2017
Thema:

Slow Scroll Speed in Web Browser

1. Slow Scroll Speed in Web Browser - Similar Threads - Slow Scroll Speed

2. web browser update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    web browser update: Good evening, I am trying to update my web browser so that I can log into our son's iready account. Can someone please advise how to update my browser. I entered a new flash disk with more space but the system is not recognizing the D drive. Please advise...
  3. Encrypt web browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypt web browser: I want to delete the encrypt web browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-web-browser/d7349cbb-9672-4bd7-8d1a-48eabf0bc7ac
  4. Slow download speeds in browsers and steam in windows 10 while getting complete speed on...

Slow download speeds in browsers and steam in windows 10 while getting complete speed on...: I am using a 50 Mbps broadband connection and was getting full 50 Mbps speed till May 2019. Suddenly after that the speed reduced to 10-15 Mbps on my laptop while it is still 50 MBPS on all my android devices. I have made my ISP check the connection twice and it is working...
  5. Scroll speed issue outside of browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll speed issue outside of browser: Hey, I need help. So my two-finger scrolling on my mousepad works perfectly fine on Chrome, but not on any other windows or applications. Example, on the default settings tab or anything else with a scroll bar outside of a browser, the scroll speed goes through the roof and...
  6. Upload Speed slow in browser

Upload Speed slow in browser: Hey guys, I'm experiencing slow upload on the browser which is quite annoying since i upload loads of stuff. I have a 400/20 connection and My download is normal. So 400-420. But i get 2 upload on browser with speedtest.net. Weird thing is that i get 20 upload on the...
  7. Scroll speed difference

in Windows 10 Support
    Scroll speed difference: Hope this is in the correct forum. On my laptop (i3, 12Gb, ssd) In MS Edge when srolling using the mouse the speed is fine. If I use the up/down arrows it's much slower. The hardware is Synaptecs Touchpad 7.5, HID keyboard device and i have the repeat speed set to short. It...
  8. Browser's extremely slow (Edge + Firefox) when surfing the web

in Browsers and Email
    Browser's extremely slow (Edge + Firefox) when surfing the web: browsing the web is "extremely" slow, I tried edge and firefox and both have this issue. However, on my other local user account it works just fine. My ISP is not the problem because as I mentioned, my other local user is just fine. I ran ccleaner and scanned for...
  9. Download speeds in browser is slow

Download speeds in browser is slow: I don't know how better to title my post, but download speeds in any browser on my main PC are very slow. First off, my specs: HP Envy 700-059cb Windows 10 (whatever the latest version is for inside preview) 8gb ram i7 4770 My home network is powered by a Rogers...
  10. Scrolling on the web: A primer

in Windows 10 News
    Scrolling on the web: A primer: Scrolling is one of the oldest interactions on the web. Long before we had pull-to-refresh or infinite-loading lists, the humble scrollbar solved the web’s original scaling problem: how can we interact with content that’s stretched beyond the available viewport? Today,...